Mojave Fortess 6s..G.O.A.T?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini pin 1/8 Truggy "zero offset" tires/ wheels would be best for packed clay. The Truggy disc wheels don't look all that to some. But mine perform very well.
I run the DTX X-Cons sometimes on my Mojo. Great bite to them. Just watch the traction rolling. :LOL: I had raised the body one notch up for good wheel clearance too. I leave it there now, regardless of which tires I run.
Yessir!! I have them on all my rigs, 1/10 to Xmaxx, and everything in between😉 Duratrax Posse, X-Cons.. Losi XTT, TRX Response Pro 3.8..
I was running them on the Mojo too but, the Mojo is just too much for the truggy tires unfortunately. Sidewall destruction is imminent.. I'm actually disappointed to see all the racing tires have gone from 3.8" to 4.0" wheel diameter.. low profile just ain't what a 6s rig wants..🤷‍♂️
My Mojo is no longer a Mojo.. it's now a Wolverine (Kraton XL).. no way a truggy race tire can hold up to that..

Yeah I am on the fence. I actually like the way low profile tires run. I developed my driving style to them. Most of my RC models. I feel Truggy wheels and tires are more durable from my exper. Can't remember the last time I shredded one up, if I ever have. :unsure:

Yeah they are a hair wider and taller, but man, they hook up for me. Definitely not the best for any real big air. I don't send my Mojo however. If I am unsure where I will end up bashing, I'll throw on the tried and true Fortresses. Great all around tires for most anywhere, even pavement. Sometimes taking my truggies with me. I don't burn out my Truggy Pins on Pavement. But have one set that are so bald now, that they actually hook up great on Streets, asphalt and cement. That's all they are good for now.

Edited.

Last edited:
Yeah I am on the fence. I actually like the way low profile tires run. I developed my driving style to them. Mst of mt RC models. I feel Truggy wheels and tires are more durable from my exper. Can't remember the last time I shredded one up, if I ever have. :unsure:
Yeah they are a hair wider and taller. but man, they hook up for me. Definitely not the best for any real big air. I don't send my Mojo however.
Oh, no doubt!! My Mojo was pulling the front tires off the ground on Losi XTT tires!! They are awesome! A big part of "my" problem with ruining tires is throwing my rigs into corners at speed. Hard not to do when your "in the heat of battle", especially with my older brother, LOL. Sibling rivalry at its worses!! LOL
The lo pro tires definitely do provide much tighter handling, no argument there, they're also very unforgiving in rough, rocky terrain. Wheels get beat to crap and actually start cutting through the tires sidewalls under hard cornering.
We've had to toss out soo many otherwise good tires due to sidewall failures..either sliced or just torn apart from the bead..
I realize that most folks are not using their rigs in this fashion so, your experience may vary from mine.

Last edited:
But doesn’t he also favor those heavy AF aluminum wheels? Yimo stick to the Fortress and forget extended hexes, body trimming, etc. because it’s hard to beat them right out of the box and they freaking last forever.
Incorrect.

Currently in testing, not a single aluminum wheel in the bunch.

20230519_135940[1].jpg

Oh, no doubt!! My Mojo was pulling the front tires off the ground on Losi XTT tires!! They are awesome! A big part of "my" problem with ruining tires is throwing my rigs into corners at speed. Hard not to do when your "in the heat of battle", especially with my older brother, LOL. Sibling rivalry at its worses!! LOL
The lo pro tires definitely do provide much tighter handling, no argument there, they're also very unforgiving in rough, rocky terrain. Wheels get beat to crap and actually start cutting through the tires sidewalls under hard cornering.
We've had to toss out soo many otherwise good tires due to sidewall failures..either sliced or just torn apart from the bead..
I realize that most folks are not using their rigs in this fashion so, your experience may vary from mine.
+1
Yeah the rough stuff will def. tear up low profile tires and wheels. But I love how light they are. My Shocks respond better with light wheels. The Unsprung weight. Most shocks do.

love them on truggified typhons though I've exploded 1 or 2.

Prolines = too expensive..!!
I think every Proline wheel/tyre combo I've owned has given me issues..🤬
Fortress for the win..!!

I have one very important question though, WHY ARE THE GREY EXB ONES MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE RED OR YELLOW VERSIONS someone please explain.???

I would like to try those JConcepts Landmines though, sadly not available over where I am and if I ship from the states I could buy 2 sets of Fortress's for the same money..😵‍💫🤪🤣
I just cracked the hubs on those tires while using them on my arrma asuga. Definitely not durable enough for any nice size jumps. on the bright side the hubs are supposed to be replaceable and they're still usable even cracked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back