Mojave Mojave goes backwards when throttling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyzinsd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
For the mojave, or any 4wd rc, the differential gear teeth face the left side? Front and rear? I have the throttle going in reverse for normal and this happened after i rebuilt the differentials. I just rebuilt the front and rear and they look fine. I don't think you can put the center diff backwards. Also i did rebind the controller, but the battery wasnt fully charged, as instructed. Any suggestions?

If i have it in reverse does it take away from the power of the engine? It doesn't seem to go as high on jumps or as fast as it did before.

Does it go faster in reverse than it does moving forward?

FYI, when looking at either front or rear bulkheads with the covers removed, the teeth of the ring gears should point to the right ?

Not sure about the Mojave chasis but underneath the Kraton there is an indentation underneath which is an indication on which side the ring gear will be positioned.

?

7455BE96-EA41-4D93-A8CE-663C294499AA.png

Does it go faster in reverse than it does moving forward?

FYI, when looking at either front or rear bulkheads with the covers removed, the teeth of the ring gears should point to the right ?
I redid the center diff. I hooked it up and checked the throttle. On R it goes faster on throttle than the reverse. If i put it on N, the reverse is faster than the throttle. The gears teeth are facing the right when i face the diff.
Thats what i thought

I redid the center diff. I hooked it up and checked the throttle. On R it goes faster on throttle than the reverse. If i put it on N, the reverse is faster than the throttle. The gears teeth are facing the right when i face the diff.
So when you put the TX throttle switch position in R instead of N, the truck behaves normally? Does this solve the problem?

So when you put the TX throttle switch position in R instead of N, the truck behaves normally? Does this solve the problem?
Well i don't know if its resolved. I swear it was normal before, but if it qorks thats all i care about.

Hey buddy are your wires from the motor to the esc in order? Check that the wires from the motor (ABC) go into the esc in that order it will be labelled on both the motor and the esc.

And if they are correctly connected, but you still have the problem, just change your ESC settings

Hey buddy are your wires from the motor to the esc in order? Check that the wires from the motor (ABC) go into the esc in that order it will be labelled on both the motor and the esc.
I never touched those wires. I don't know how they can be switched.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back