Mojave issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toeknee

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
Hi guys...

My mojave has a slight suspension problem....

Can anyone advise my best fix?

The front seems to sit very low....

16177226863048192654824178416297.jpg

16177227003895233179948270956735.jpg

16177227274326441636700771753390.jpg

Turn down your shock preload collars
I have done this on the rear and it is like the springs are folding and rubbing against the shock body..
I don't want to damage them.. I see many videos of other mojave exb on you tube and none have the collars screwed as far as I need to for the truck to sit ok.

Has it always been like this or is this a newly developed problem where it was previously OK?
I have only had the exb for 2 weeks and only run it 3 times.... think it's been like this from the start.

Take them off the car and remove the sprigs. Should feel nice and smooth with no loose areas in the movement. If there is remove the caps and fill them up with what ever shock oil is recommended and put them back together. If this is a new development there’s only a couple things it could be. Bent shock shaft or lack of oil that has been replaced with air.

I have done this on the rear and it is like the springs are folding and rubbing against the shock body..
I don't want to damage them.. I see many videos of other mojave exb on you tube and none have the collars screwed as far as I need to for the truck to sit ok.
Stop doing what other Youtubers do and lower your shock collars. Weights vary based on the gear installed. The springs/shocks won't get damaged! Shock Preload is meant to be adjustable. You can always get stiffer springs. But the Mojo is designed to be plush and soft. It is not like the other 6s rigs in any way if comparing it to them.. XLBW chassis and all. You are running 8s gear it appears??? IDK.
Has it always been like this or is this a newly developed problem where it was previously OK?
I don't feel it was actually any problem. I like the suspension the way it is. (V1 RTR) I only run 6s lipos and gear, but do have an M2C chassis/ braces and JBI towers etc. (some added weight) My Preload compensates well enough for it's weight. She sits nice and level.
But everyone has differing views on the Mojo suspensions. I feel was designed to be this way. Plush.
The lipo tray/Rx box can be moved rearward 6cm, to shift weight rearward if you prefer. Extra holes are provided for this reason.
Just me.
:cool:

20210406_133521.jpg

20210406_133442.jpg

20210406_133434.jpg

20210406_133420.jpg

Yeah my buddies mojo sags a good amount but like SRC said I think they are supposed to in order to achieve the Baja feel. But I do think yours is sitting a little lower than normal

Stop doing what other Youtubers do and lower your shock collars. Weights vary based on the gear installed. The springs/shocks won't get damaged! Shock Preload is meant to be adjustable. You can always get stiffer springs. But the Mojo is designed to be plush and soft. It is not like the other 6s rigs in any way if comparing it to them.. XLBW chassis and all. You are running 8s gear it appears??? IDK.

I don't feel it was actually any problem. I like the suspension the way it is. (V1 RTR) I only run 6s lipos and gear, but do have an M2C chassis/ braces and JBI towers etc. (some added weight) My Preload compensates well enough for it's weight. She sits nice and level.
But everyone has differing views on the Mojo suspensions. I feel was designed to be this way. Plush.
The lipo tray/Rx box can be moved rearward 6cm, to shift weight rearward if you prefer. Extra holes are provided for this reason.
Just me.
:cool:

View attachment 137722

View attachment 137723

View attachment 137724

View attachment 137725
Yeah running 8s spektrum esc but have a mamba monster x8s to fit as I'm running a 1650kv castle 1717 motor. I am only running it on 6s 8500 mah gensacearespammers batteries.

I shall try adjusting the shock collars and give it a bash. I understand that the suspension is designed to be soft... I just don't want to f*#k the truck up any way.

Are stiffer springs with a higher rebound available as the damping seems good... just the rebound seems weak... maybe because of the 8s setup?

Honestly it is personal preference. But I like the way the springs are out the box. 🤷‍♂️
I will admit that considering it is an EXB roller and many will drop some heavier than stock Electrics (8s), perhaps higher spring rates will balance it out better. Some 8s motors alone can be almost a half pound heavier than RTR motors. Using high capacity Lipos like you are running are heavy as well!
The EXB comes with the RTR springs out the box. Fr-3.2 lb.ft/inch and Rr-7.7 lb.ft/inch.
You have 7 additional Optional Spring choices to choose from. You can always try going up one spring rate higher both Front and Rear.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/products/-/30/1/ARA7204/OPT/ALL/ALL

EDIT: be careful going too stiff. Your shock pack won't keep up with the higher spring rate. Also, you will get more traction rolling depending on the terrain and how you like to drive. The Mojo is top heavy in general. (heavy wide body) A stiffer rear/front sway bar might be needed/help. You may lose some ST turn in with too stiff springs.

Last edited:
Honestly it is personal preference. But I like the way the springs are out the box. 🤷‍♂️
I will admit that considering it is an EXB roller and many will drop some heavier than stock Electrics (8s), perhaps higher spring rates will balance it out better. Some 8s motors alone can be almost a half pound heavier than RTR motors. Using high capacity Lipos like you are running are heavy as well!
The EXB comes with the RTR springs out the box. Fr-3.2 lb.ft/inch and Rr-7.7 lb.ft/inch.
You have 7 additional Optional Spring choices to choose from. You can always try going up one spring rate higher both Front and Rear.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/products/-/30/1/ARA7204/OPT/ALL/ALL
Good to know there are many different spring choices... I have a kraton 8s exb a felony a corally kronos and also a corally radix 6 and the mojave is by far my favorite.

Atleast I can try a few things to truly dial her in.

Thanks for the link.

Of all my rigs, the Mojave is still my favorite also. 👍 :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back