Mojave Mojave Larger Tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branson_Basher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I'm considering a Mojave purchase and have been scouring the interwebs for info on running the truck with larger tires but have had no luck...

Has anyone tried larger/taller tires on their rig?

I saw rcdude81 put slightly different tires on his rig but the tires were very close to what comes on the truck.

I'm not exactly trying to go all Monster Truck here, just make it a bit taller and have a much more agressive tread design like the Badlands. A little body trimming won't bother me.

That's cool but he swapped Kraton arms and knuckles on there. I'd stick with the Mojave running gear and just try different tires.
If you go taller without adding width, i think it will possibly become roll prone.

If you go taller without adding width, i think it will possibly become roll prone.
I'm hoping there is a happy medium to be found; the running videos show the stock set up to be extremely stable and turn/drift well, hopefully it'll run larger tires without sacrificing too much stability.

You could also use a small hex extension to get a 5mm additional width too. That would be easier and cheaper than arms.

You could also use a small hex extension to get a 5mm additional width too. That would be easier and cheaper than arms.
The main reason to keep the stock arms and knuckles is that they are super beefy and provide the geometry that works so well.

I'll wear out the stock tires first and hopefully find a good replacement by the time I need them.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Mojave cant almost hande stock wheels. That BLX185 is not a Miracle esc. Sorry
In future i wish they give 1/7 cars 160a firrma 8S esc

Order atleast 1 or 2 t less pinion before you try it.
Mojave got very tiny stock ESC

i Can recommend Mamba Monster X the new one, or atleast MAX 8 HB before you start
add bigger wheels.

Arrma Mojave is actually the only car with 6s infraction also where Both cars are made very wrong actually.
Smal minium 185blx that 1/10 6S Senton got, and also the most of the lighter cars also in 1/8

Mojave hot summertime with stock 185blx ? couple more teeth at pinion also offcourse, Anyways= NO PLEASE
if you don't want cause fire...'!!!!

You will burn the stock ESC before 1month in hot summer actually, with stock wheels if you do alot speed pinion drive also-
stock pinion Arrma 6s cars SUCK
SLOW HUGE LAZY BASTARDS.

The fun starts after 3-5 more tooth, and more punch
From level 4 to 5 usually

If you own THAT huge heavy 1/7 Mojave ? please change ESC Right now to firrma 160a , max8 or Mamba Monster-X-
Then you can also buy better motor 42 size neu castle 2200kv or max8 Combo
190-280 depending what you choose
Max8 combo whit programmer card will be 200 only
You can then program anything almost
Start punch levels
Brake levels
different lipo cut off values
And alot alot more

Stock BLX is just a poop cheap china esc with underrated program awaibility also

bye

Last edited:
Mojave cant almost hande stock wheels. That BLX185 is not a Miracle esc. Sorry
In future i wish they give 1/7 cars 160a firrma 8S esc

Order atleast 1 or 2 t less pinion before you try it.
Mojave got very tiny stock ESC

i Can recommend Mamba Monster X the new one, or atleast MAX 8 HB before you start
add bigger wheels.

Arrma Mojave is actually the only car with 6s infraction also where Both cars are made very wrong actually.
Smal minium 185blx that 1/10 6S Senton got, and also the most of the lighter cars also in 1/8

Mojave hot summertime with stock 185blx ? couple more teeth at pinion also offcourse, Anyways= NO PLEASE
if you don't want cause fire...'!!!!

You will burn the stock ESC before 1month in hot summer actually, with stock wheels if you do alot speed pinion drive also-
stock pinion Arrma 6s cars SUCK
SLOW HUGE LAZY BASTARDS.

The fun starts after 3-5 more tooth, and more punch
From level 4 to 5 usually

If you own THAT huge heavy 1/7 Mojave ? please change ESC Right now to firrma 160a , max8 or Mamba Monster-X-
Then you can also buy better motor 42 size neu castle 2200kv or max8 Combo
190-280 depending what you choose
Max8 combo whit programmer card will be 200 only
You can then program anything almost
Start punch levels
Brake levels
different lipo cut off values
And alot alot more

Stock BLX is just a poop cheap china esc with underrated program awaibility also

bye
Sorry to say so but your stupid. The ESC and Motor are enough to start off. Yes some of them do not work properly but thats under
5% of all of them.

I have 2 of the Mojave 6S and I have not burned ONE ESC. Just one of them went dead because they programmed/sodder it bad but thats all. And Arrma replaced it right away. Also you suck. Stock gearing is for start enough power for the Arrma 6S cars. You have no clue about what you are talking about. For sure you burn your esc and motor if you use a bigger pinion as it needs to turn much more or faster. Which means it gets hotter. If you don't place a proper cooling in there the ESC burns.

I had castle motors and esc and compared to Hobbywing 1/8 stuff they do lack performance and usability.
By the way you can program the BLX as well. Get the card or do it over the esc beeps.

So please stop babbling around about things you don't have a clue about.
Have you seen Comm Astig’s conversion?

That looks pretty ugly and is not a short course truck anymore. Why do such a conversion when there are already outcast, notorious around. Yes they are not 1/7 but the diffrence to 1/8 is not that much. I like how the Mojave is and how you can drive it. Big difference to an Outcast. But I am also looking for other tires and have not found any yet.

Everyone talking about the Mojave being so heavy... Mine isn't really any heavier than a kraton? Actually weighs about the same as my old talion so it's not much different.

The Mojave's tyre size is somewhat unique, actually... You might find that the 4S Typhon's Katar wheels and tyres will fit. They are very slightly larger than the Mojave's. The Talion's Katar wheels and tyres will be too big, though.

Proline Badlands 3.8 are also too big. I tested the wheel sizes mentioned when I stripped the hex on one of my Mojave wheels, and was desperate to play without any downtime.

The Mojave's tyre size is somewhat unique, actually... You might find that the 4S Typhon's Katar wheels and tyres will fit. They are very slightly larger than the Mojave's. The Talion's Katar wheels and tyres will be too big, though.

Proline Badlands 3.8 are also too big. I tested the wheel sizes mentioned when I stripped the hex on one of my Mojave wheels, and was desperate to play without any downtime.
I wonder how 4s backflip lp's would fit? Maybe with extender's

Friends, I have researched this. The Katar from the Talion are only 7mm taller and fit the Mojave well. On the other hand, and imo the Typhon Katars are too small.

Mojave Fortress : 139mm
Talion Katar : 146mm
Typhon Katar B : 117mm

The truck isn't heavy at all on the stock setup compared to other 6s trucks running BLX 185 system. I won't look up the specs for this but easy to do so. My truck is very happy with this stock system.
I haven't tried the 20t (speed) pinion yet but 16t gives me no heat issues at all in South Louisiana weather. And I jam my trucks.

An alternate tire and weight that I will try and show soon are the Low Profile Minokawa. I feel the Low Profile Backflips are heavy (though I love them elsewhere) and a sliver too big.

This truck is very cool and fun to run with the wildly unique suspension. It's different than all my other trucks and I'm happy I bought it even though I was afraid I wouldn't quite love it as much. On the contrary, I love driving this thing and it really could be the contender for "ultimate basher." Try to break it and you'll be smiling and laughing so hard when you take it back in with *nothing broken.
Yes, it gets dirty on the inside but easy fix from TBone guards that I have coming soon.

1577424854535.png

1577424903490.png

Friends, I have researched this. The Katar from the Talion are only 7mm taller and fit the Mojave well. On the other hand, and imo the Typhon Katars are too small.

Mojave Fortress : 139mm
Talion Katar : 146mm
Typhon Katar B : 117mm

The truck isn't heavy at all on the stock setup compared to other 6s trucks running BLX 185 system. I won't look up the specs for this but easy to do so. My truck is very happy with this stock system.
I haven't tried the 20t (speed) pinion yet but 16t gives me no heat issues at all in South Louisiana weather. And I jam my trucks.

An alternate tire and weight that I will try and show soon are the Low Profile Minokawa. I feel the Low Profile Backflips are heavy (though I love them elsewhere) and a sliver too big.

This truck is very cool and fun to run with the wildly unique suspension. It's different than all my other trucks and I'm happy I bought it even though I was afraid I wouldn't quite love it as much. On the contrary, I love driving this thing and it really could be the contender for "ultimate basher." Try to break it and you'll be smiling and laughing so hard when you take it back in with *nothing broken.
Yes, it gets dirty on the inside but easy fix from TBone guards that I have coming soon.

View attachment 58574
View attachment 58575
How bad are the backflip lps? I wanted a look kind of like the Senton 3s with granite tires on it. Something like this would look sweet
1551467176421.png

How bad are the backflip lps? I wanted a look kind of like the Senton 3s with granite tires on it. Something like this would look sweet
View attachment 58595
Backflip LPs are much bigger than the others listed above. Yuuuuge

Backflip LPs are much bigger than the others listed above. Yuuuuge
Hmmm . i wonder what might give it that same senton MT look? I don't mind cutting the wheel wells a little. I was considering using small hex extensions maybe the 4s kraton tires might work.. wish i could find some pics of the mojave with talion tires on it

correct me if i am wrong but these look like backflip lps on a mojave. I know he used kraton arms and suspension but wouldn't it be easier to just use hex etenders? (as long as its mostly on the ground and not sending it) I mean if you are worried about overheating a yeah racing heat sink double fan should fix it mostly
View attachment 54255
mojave-jpg.54255

Really liking this truck. Should be done upgrading it this week once my heavier front shock springs and rpm arms get here. Already swapped out to kraton suspension, max 6 esc with 4985 motor along with a new radio and servo.

correct me if i am wrong but these look like backflip lps on a mojave. I know he used kraton arms and suspension but wouldn't it be easier to just use hex etenders? (as long as its mostly on the ground and not sending it) I mean if you are worried about overheating a yeah racing heat sink double fan should fix it mostly

Yes it does look like he's on the LPBackflips! You could use extensions. I did it on my Typhon so I could run Badlands 2.8 and have never experienced an issue. You see that you'll need to trim the body and I'd certainly get some fan action going on.
I'll try to get out in the shop this evening and do some tire swapping (and photographing) on the Mojave so we can see the fit and see what we like. I have plenty tires sets we can check out.

Yes it does look like he's on the LPBackflips! You could use extensions. I did it on my Typhon so I could run Badlands 2.8 and have never experienced an issue. You see that you'll need to trim the body and I'd certainly get some fan action going on.
I'll try to get out in the shop this evening and do some tire swapping (and photographing) on the Mojave so we can see the fit and see what we like. I have plenty tires sets we can check out.
sweet :) maybe 2.8 badlands or 4s backflips with extenders and minimal cutting .. I also watched a video of amain hobbies making a monster senton 6s they dremeled the inside wheel well area so the hubs fit
i cued up the video to that part (the front wheels were binding )
Yeah making a monster Mojave would be fun my only concern might be aftermarket mud guards and those bigger wheels.. but thats a bolt on or off item you can take off for monster and revert back to stock. The extenders might also give them a tiny bit more roll protection with the wider wheelbase tiny amount

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back