Mojave Mojave Larger Tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I only just received my Mojave, I noticed the Traxxas maxx wheels are the same height, but with more offset.. 1/2" I believe…. So the inside track will be the same with a total wider width… I will try on my days off this week and see how they work out… I’ll take pics…

Of course you will have to clip the Traxxas serrated hex…

Since I only just received my Mojave, I noticed the Traxxas maxx wheels are the same height, but with more offset.. 1/2" I believe…. So the inside track will be the same with a total wider width… I will try on my days off this week and see how they work out… I’ll take pics…

I have pictures of the Mojave with Louise MT wheels for the Maxx on the Mojave and with Proline Hyrax wheels as well. See my build threasd in the link below for those.
The Louise wheels for the Maxx have indeed 1/2"offset, with the same height as Mojave stock wheels. They have stock 17mm hex, so no need to clip Traxxas hexes. Since they have the offset they rub the body when the shocks compress, so you need to cut the body to clear that.
Although it looks cools with the wider wheels/stance I cut not convince myself to cut the body, so the wheels went back on the desert buggy. The Proline Hyrax look great too on the Mojave and without rubbing as they have more or less the same dimensions the stock wheels ;).

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/sandracer_nl-mojave-exb-build.36845/

My bro has that truck, I'm pretty sure ur right but I didn't have the heart to ask him to let me grind off the splines on his brand new truck..
Sidenote, I feel the tires are perhaps a little thin and light for a Mojave..they may rip or blow apart?
JRC has them for $50 plus shipping(complete set)

My bro has that truck, I'm pretty sure ur right but I didn't have the heart to ask him to let me grind off the splines on his brand new truck..
Sidenote, I feel the tires are perhaps a little thin and light for a Mojave..they may rip or blow apart?
JRC has them for $50 plus shipping(complete set)

I guess I will let you know once I blow my son’s wheels to pieces! Hahaha I think you may be right. They are soft. But I will give it a shot and see what happens…. Right now they are his street tires on the maxx when we hit the parking lot.

I guess I will let you know once I blow my son’s wheels to pieces! Hahaha I think you may be right. They are soft. But I will give it a shot and see what happens…. Right now they are his street tires on the maxx when we hit the parking lot.
Please do let us know how they are on the Mojave, with such limited tire options I'm hoping they hold up.👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back