Mojave Mojave Larger Tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I get away with doing a conversion where I just swap out the arms and axles for kraton. What is the need to use Kraton knuckles? I want to turn my mojave into more of a monster truck for winter. I just bought the hot racing knuckles though and don't want to have to buy another set of knuckles.

Can I get away with doing a conversion where I just swap out the arms and axles for kraton. What is the need to use Kraton knuckles? I want to turn my mojave into more of a monster truck for winter. I just bought the hot racing knuckles though and don't want to have to buy another set of knuckles.
Depends on the tires you use. Mojave and typhon hubs sit closer to the knuckles and a larger tire will rub/lock up.

Depends on the tires you use. Mojave and typhon hubs sit closer to the knuckles and a larger tire will rub/lock up.
i got a set of big joes from an old team associated nitro i had laying around. They will fit on the mojave now they just look ridiculous. I need to widen it out and lift it so I don't need to hack my body apart. I'm not sure the exact size and I'm gone away to work so i wont be able to find out for a few weeks. I was hoping to buy the parts now. I wonder if I just got the extenders from m2c. I would like to have them anyway. I'm going to do some messing around next days off and figure it out. Thank you for the input.
when i look up the Mojave steering blocks from hot racing. they are labelled kraton, senton, tailon, typhon... maybe they will work as thats what i have on my mojave now

i got a set of big joes from an old team associated nitro i had laying around. They will fit on the mojave now they just look ridiculous. I need to widen it out and lift it so I don't need to hack my body apart. I'm not sure the exact size and I'm gone away to work so i wont be able to find out for a few weeks. I was hoping to buy the parts now. I wonder if I just got the extenders from m2c. I would like to have them anyway. I'm going to do some messing around next days off and figure it out. Thank you for the input.
when i look up the Mojave steering blocks from hot racing. they are labelled kraton, senton, tailon, typhon... maybe they will work as thats what i have on my mojave now
If the wheels work now all you’d need would be the drive shaft/turnbuckles/arms. There’s 2 sizes on the blocks, one extended and one snub nosed.

That's what I did to my mojave.all kraton suspension.pics on this thread

This is a Mojave chassis turned rock bouncer. Those are proline hyrax 2.2 tires on there. I can also say that the 2.8 badlands belted tires are very tall and work well with the mons

IMG_20200907_120951.jpg

I am going with the talion katars on mine.I don't want my wheels sticking out and prefer the under the body look.
yessir! Love me some katar. Been on back order for some time now. On my third set!
369CA19E-BBA3-48D3-A4CE-DB6831E67A5F.jpeg
0F481FB3-D76E-4F5B-97DB-2B14BE0766CF.jpeg

I’m running 6s. I’m pretty sure it’s 3-6s only. But yea I’m flying on 25t pretty much all the time. Got some serious fans and she NEVER gets over 125 degrees no matter what I throw at her

I’m running 6s. I’m pretty sure it’s 3-6s only. But yea I’m flying on 25t pretty much all the time. Got some serious fans and she NEVER gets over 125 degrees no matter what I throw at her
I pretty sure the max6 is 160amp,3-8s.my plan was to get one an try 7s with 4092 in mojave.my little 6s h-wing will run 5s.was Curious of 7s was an option for the Max 6.an extra 3.7 volts makes a big difference in performance.

Screenshot_20201020-114433_Amazon Shopping.jpg

To be completely honest w you I had no idea bout 5,7s. I always thought it was 1.2.3.4.6 and now 8. Yes that’s the max6 I have, but I have the 4985s “big block” in my beast.

I pretty sure the max6 is 160amp,3-8s.my plan was to get one an try 7s with 4092 in mojave.my little 6s h-wing will run 5s.was Curious of 7s was an option for the Max 6.an extra 3.7 volts makes a big difference in performance.

View attachment 105448
Not sure how many volts your motor can hsndle?but 7s is 25.7volts.if it's an option,you decide to try it make sure you video that!!!!!lmao see would be HAULING...????
To be completely honest w you I had no idea bout 5,7s. I always thought it was 1.2.3.4.6 and now 8. Yes that’s the max6 I have, but I have the 4985s “big block” in my beast.
I've ran 5s on my hobbywing ,my program card is at home.heres a pic of it but cant tell if theres 7s option in pic.find out when I get home.option #2

20200717_191520.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how many volts your motor can hsndle?but 7s is 25.7volts.if it's an option,you decide to try it make sure you video that!!!!!lmao see would be HAULING...????

I've ran 5s on my hobbywing ,my program card is at home.heres a pic of it but cant tell if theres 7s option in pic.find out when I get home.option #2

View attachment 105450
I'm jealous,I bet its absolutely ridiculous POWER.ILL HAVE A MAX6 SOON AS THE OL-LADY WILL LET ME SPEND THE $$$!!?‍♀️?‍♀️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back