Mojave Mojave Larger Tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha. You’ll blow the tires right off w 25v!! Lol. I think my motor is 1250kv. If I’m correct I believe the lower kv the lower rpm but more torque, thus giving enough power for larger wheels or crazy gearing options for heavier rigs....
im def goin to look into this now! I’m trying to go w the spektrum k8 setup for the lighter faster stretched talion I build. My Mojave weighs around 18lbs w my 100c 650ah 6s lipo brick!
Edit: hobbyzone 100c 6500mah 6s lipo. It’s got 200c burst and has destroyed a set of katars lol

I am liking the look of these?

IMG_20201021_110740.jpg

image.jpg
Sweeps— katars T—backflips LP 4s.
image.jpg
Katars For the win.
image.jpg
Big bro and little bro.

I love my Mojave.!!! Working on my typhon right now. But she’s next on the list after I finish my outcast. Should’ve done 1 arrma at a time. Lol ?

3C91F300-84AE-4ED0-92F8-6F961AEE33E3.jpeg

1DF984D7-E1F7-4548-9A9E-E47080EC63E4.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
So I've put on the badlands offset, and they're amazing, improved the (already great) vehicle handling considerably, particularly when landing jumps. I think it looks pretty phat too. @bicketybam I think you were looking to change the handling of the mojave previously - but this change might make it feel like one of the other trucks in our arsenal.

I trimmed the wheel wells by quite a bit as I didn't want to raise the height of the vehicle - prolly still need to trim a bit more.

Oh I also had to shorten the front bumper plastic + rubber curtain. It would touch the wheel near end points of steering.

Also RCDude81's latest vids confirm that the wheel hubs are rubbing on inside rim of tires, due to the hex's being too stubby. I have noticed this more with the new larger tires. He said M2C are bringing out some stubbier hexes.

Longer story: This is my first RC car since childhood and I haven't had any prior large RC/monster truck experience, so excuse the ignorance. But the larger tires have really improved the stability of the mojave - feels even more plush when cruising over rough terrain. And the larger tires also cushion hard impacts significantly better - I wasn't afraid to hit the concrete jumps at the skate park.

Caveat: I might have lost that SCT feeling by doing this, but I'm ok with that and I don't own any other vehicles so I don't mind if it feels more like a monster truck - but if you're a purist, or love that original SCT feels, maybe don't do this?
wow @Aive that looks great.

Where did you get the offsets/extenders from? Do you have the problem where your tire gets eaten alive?

Also, do you mind posting the link for your wheels. i love it so much, that i want get the same look going.

Last edited:
U mean these? Sweeps terrain crushers?

21CDDF9C-E448-4602-9FB8-D8586C40B492.jpeg

18203FAA-1535-47F0-9DA6-59BF596DACA2.jpeg

I have the SR Terrian Crushers. Didn't like them on my Mojave. Too much offset. The Katars wear out fast.
I settled on the DTX X-cons Truggy 1/8 wheel with Zero Offset.
Zero is what the standard Mojave wheel is.

How she currently sits:
A6E23BA0-87D3-49B2-9215-B78AB9882D9E.jpeg

i wasnt crazy bout em w stock blx power but w the big block 1650kv and now monster block 1100kv I absolutely love them!! I’m using talion hex and axle stubs to clear the hubs

What is it with the all the freaking testicles on the back of trucks? It wasn’t enough seeing it on the GOB 1:1’s all the time, so now it’s on the scale stuff? I saw in another thread some guys are lining up to get some 3D printed ones, and the question is pretty much “how hairy do you want them to appear?” I just don’t get it, man.

I love my Mohave but the higher narrower stance is a little tI-pie in the corners and in grass the stick fortress feel like when I run buggy tires. I tried the katars on my EXB for a few packs with the m2c 5mm extensions, it was better, improved traction and Less traction roll but felt like it still doesn’t inspire confidence throwing it around in high traction terrain. Then I went to duratrax 6 pack belted tires, about the same height as katars t but much wider with some added offset width. I had to raise body and trim a bit but it was the first time I felt comfortable just power sliding around without it flipping. You can definitely feel the added width of the duratrax and 5mm hub extenders. I’m playing woth other comboa now, but that was my fav so far.
I kind of made it into a bruiser with the max 6 combo, it adds a ton of weight with that 4985 motor, which may contribute to the tippy feeling/ i have the shocks set stiffly to counter the added weight and excessive div9ng on breaking the big power system adds. live that motors power but the Mohave is a little too upright to not notice the added weight

Heres with diff tires.with big backflips it'll go over or throu anything

20200711_164734.jpg

20200816_163038.jpg

I love my Mohave but the higher narrower stance is a little tI-pie in the corners and in grass the stick fortress feel like when I run buggy tires. I tried the katars on my EXB for a few packs with the m2c 5mm extensions, it was better, improved traction and Less traction roll but felt like it still doesn’t inspire confidence throwing it around in high traction terrain. Then I went to duratrax 6 pack belted tires, about the same height as katars t but much wider with some added offset width. I had to raise body and trim a bit but it was the first time I felt comfortable just power sliding around without it flipping. You can definitely feel the added width of the duratrax and 5mm hub extenders. I’m playing woth other comboa now, but that was my fav so far.
I kind of made it into a bruiser with the max 6 combo, it adds a ton of weight with that 4985 motor, which may contribute to the tippy feeling/ i have the shocks set stiffly to counter the added weight and excessive div9ng on breaking the big power system adds. live that motors power but the Mohave is a little too upright to not notice the added weight
Max6 an tp4050-2100kv run great together.even on 8s.alot lighter motor

Last edited:
I'm with you on handling with the bigger motor/esc's. Didn't do it for me, ended up swapping back.
I am curious to see what it's like with backflip lp's tho.. too big?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back