Mojave Mojave light bar??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this. I almost did the same. Was going to cut out the top windshield visor sticker of my Senton 3s. I might to it to the 6s Senton body I have yet to touch. I want to REALLY go overboard with it(behind gf's back, of course lol)

martin34 how did you mount your light bar? That’s the spot I think I would like to mount mine.
It just pops in under the roof and a couple of bits of strong double sided tape

16106286512522033500405873847823.jpg

You might want to check out my build thread in RC build log /Mojave. MEXB de Queso. There are plenty of other great builds there also.

Blown away by the lumens!! Just gotta be careful not to roll it 😀

There are 5 modes that cycle using one TX switch:
  1. All lights off
  2. Side lights with running lights (running lights are set up as either brake, drag brake, reverse or permanently on)
  3. High powered lights on at low brightness (the above lights stay on)
  4. High powered lights now on medium brightness
  5. High powered lights now on high brightness, plus the last set of LEDs on
This is mode 4:

PXL_20210120_165126562.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210120_165234215.NIGHT.jpg

The top rear tail lights are working brake lights. This is mode 5 (max brightness):

PXL_20210120_165141616.NIGHT.jpg

PXL_20210120_165242672.NIGHT.jpg

I trimmed the top of the windshield area back some, so it would tuck the light bar in some. I then made my own mounts out of some scrap sheetmetal I had laying around. I have had quite a few HARD hits on the roof/rolling, and I haven't had any issues at all with the lights at all.
Light 3.jpg

I also have my lights powered from the receiver and switched on from the remote. I made contacts for the body and chassis and soldered the wiring to them. Now I don't have to plug or unplug anything when I take the body off/on. If you do this, I HIGHLY recommend that you make your chassis side contacts like I did, so that it will keep a constant tension against the body mounts. When I first made them, I didn't fold them over, and the lights would flicker when hitting bumps. Since remaking them, I have rolled it pretty hard (on purpose) while the lights are on, and I haven't had any issues with them losing contact at all.

Lights 2.jpg
Lights 1.jpg
Lights 4.png

With the light bar mounted higher, it also allows me to mount my GoPro inside and have a clear POV driving view.
GoPro 2.jpeg

Ingenious ^^^^ looks great nice work.
Thanks!

I just finished making some headlights for it out of some cheap LED flashlights. I initially mounted the battery pack from the flashlight to control them, because the power from the receiver will burn them out, but I have a step down voltage regulator coming today that I hope will alleviate that issue, and then I can run everything from the receiver at once.
Headlights 0.jpg
Headlights 3.jpeg
Headlights 9.jpeg
Headlights 10.jpeg
Headlights 11.jpeg
Headlights 13.jpeg

Thanks guys for all the great info on the light bars some really killer light set ups going on for sure. I ended up buy a cheap Nitro Hobbies 138mm light bar and got it installed. It fit perfectly under the top of the windshield and puts out plenty of light.

2145A337-BE09-4E80-985B-53A05489CAD6.jpeg

3ED07EE0-1F01-4520-AD68-BADBCF323A18.jpeg

F394D4C7-64F8-464B-B73E-17F1B68FD5B3.jpeg

6A3586EB-B9D0-4AB7-BD74-24F67149AB8F.jpeg

That works!

As a follow up to my last reply, I was able to get everything working together after installing a little voltage regulator. The highest I could go with the voltage out to the headlights was 2.8v. If I went any higher than that, it would pull too much power from the rest of the lights and cause the light bar to dim A LOT. Even at 2.8v though, the headlights are brighter than what they ever were with the 3 AAA batteries.

Headlights 14.jpg
Headlights 15.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back