Mojave motor fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed mine yesterday. Helps a fair amount

Attachments

• 1DE77F2A-F761-44F3-BC87-ED7ED5ECC0BF.jpeg
    1DE77F2A-F761-44F3-BC87-ED7ED5ECC0BF.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 108
Nice. What fans did you use and what did the connection involve? Thanks

Powerhobby dual fan and heat sink combo. Like $23 from their eBay store. It comes with a y harness, plugged it into the receiver, ran the harness under the front chassis brace and ran the fan wiring around and under the esc mount temporarily until I get my other fans. Hardest part is I had to mount one fan then wedge the other in and it pulled down as I tightened. Screw holes are a bit too close but it works
The red connectors are the y harness.

Attachments

• 89FBE996-45B5-493A-BEDE-A4EB5D6DDD31.jpeg
    89FBE996-45B5-493A-BEDE-A4EB5D6DDD31.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 125
  • FAFEE090-610F-4E52-9E40-E2847EA0C59E.jpeg
    FAFEE090-610F-4E52-9E40-E2847EA0C59E.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 89
What do you recommend for charging amps? 6s 100c 22.2v.
Thanks

Powerhobby dual fan and heat sink combo. Like $23 from their eBay store. It comes with a y harness, plugged it into the receiver, ran the harness under the front chassis brace and ran the fan wiring around and under the esc mount temporarily until I get my other fans. Hardest part is I had to mount one fan then wedge the other in and it pulled down as I tightened. Screw holes are a bit too close but it works
Hey, sorry to bother you again...
I got my fans with Y slitter, but what extension do I need to get for it from the Y to the receiver? 2 hole female
on the Y side and 3 hole female into the receiver.?. Don't know the terminology.
Hey sorry to bother you again. Any specific way/ slots to plug the fans into. 3 pins in the receiver and only 2 holes coming from the fans Y.?. Thanks

I believe it’s the 2 most inner pins on the receiver but you can try it each way till you find which way it works, fan will either run or not, won’t hurt anything.

I’m gonna pick up some dual ntf fans before long, Be cool to see the difference between the 2

Looks like you have figured out the pins. The middle one is always 'positive', now you are down to a 50/50 choice ;)
One is ground, which is what you want for a fan and the other is the signal wire for servos etc.
Plugging the other fan wire into signal pin will do nothing i.e. you picked the wrong one.
Pointing out more of the obvious, you can use the color code of the wires if you see a marking on the ESC or receiver. :geek:

Search NTF fans on Facebook. Pricey but seems everyone swears by them and by the videos, they move a ton of air.

Almost all receivers are negative to the far outside edge, positive in the middle and signal wire on the inside towards the center of the receiver

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back