Mojave Mojave Off Road Speed Runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veestrom

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Infraction 4x4
Does anybody on here do speed runs with their Mojave? I have a Mojave and an Infraction. I want to do speed runs and hopefully get to 100 mph off road. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Starting with which to use, Mojave or Infraction?

Basically it will be very short grass to start with.
Is it very smooth? Any bumps to cause any lift will be game over, not to mention you need these cars (especially mojave) to sit very low to the ground. I don't think an infraction has any real chance because of the suspension. Mojave you are going to have to make windows, or just tape I suppose, to seal up the driver area otherwise it will lift and go flying. You will have to find a belted offroad tire to withstand that speed. There are multiple belted tires out there I just don't know that they will like 100 so much.

Does anybody on here do speed runs with their Mojave? I have a Mojave and an Infraction. I want to do speed runs and hopefully get to 100 mph off road. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. Starting with which to use, Mojave or Infraction?
Ive gotten my Kraphonhave up over 70mph over grass with a 20 pinion, i have a 23 to try.
Need Big diameter tires that don't balloon much and lots of cooling.

Do the math for the potentials.

Kraton 6S Tires at 169mm with a 20 pinion.
IMG_3424.jpeg

Kraton 6S Tires at 169mm with a 23 pinion.
IMG_3427.jpeg

Talion 6S Tires at 145mm with a 20 pinion.
IMG_3425.jpeg

Talion 6S Tires at 145mm with a 23 pinion.
IMG_3426.jpeg

Last edited:
A tall order for sure to hit a hundred, even more so off road. Good luck man, I'd love to see it happen!!🍻

Absolutely so.

I had Typhon Difs at 3.3 ration in that setup which greatly increases the potential speed but its hard on the motor and ESC.

Im going to running this combo over Grass this weekend, stretched Typhon Trugy.
Its nice and cool out today and the grass fiend is cut short.
I'll let you know what Breaks! LOL

IMG_3431.jpeg

Last edited:
You have an On road and an Off road rig there. Will you be on Dirt/grass or pavement?????
They are 2 completely different rigs. Not clear what your objective is ????
Infr. on Dirt a No go!! Pavement Yes. Mojave is is good for 80mph maybe with much tuning, proper wheels and need to put a "windshield" on the Mojo, or it will just lift whether on pavement or dirt. I find that when I added a windshield, it even helped overall with speeds into the high 50's Need to tune the suspension for which terrain you want to speed run on. Been there.
Earl Moorehead has a great video. He is trying for best/100mph with his 8s Mojo on grass/dirt. Mojo is a very heavy rig out the box. With Poor aero etc.
I am sure 100 mph has been done. but with extreme modding. Belted Method RC Mojave wheels is a must IMHO. At the very least. But some are using On road belted wheels as well for pavement And slammed low to the ground. I don't think a stocker radio has enough range distance for 100mph.

Last edited:
You could take the Kevin talbot approach.

But in all seriousness, most of the issues KT runs into are the ones discussed here. He has the power needed to do it (at first 2x Max5 combo, then 2x Max4 combo). He achieves stability with his ridiculous design (that actually ends up being super effective). But he still runs into issues with tires (blows a bunch of them).

On a smaller rig like the mojave, you would just need one motor/esc combo, but would probably want to use a max5 combo. A few good suggestions here for overcoming the aerodynamic issues. Then tires are going to be your biggest remaining hurdle to overcome.

A tall order for sure to hit a hundred, even more so off road. Good luck man, I'd love to see it happen!!🍻
Thanks!
Ive gotten my Kraphonhave up over 70mph over grass with a 20 pinion, i have a 23 to try.
Need Big diameter tires that don't balloon much and lots of cooling.

Do the math for the potentials.

Kraton 6S Tires at 169mm with a 20 pinion.
View attachment 242452

Kraton 6S Tires at 169mm with a 23 pinion.
View attachment 242453

Talion 6S Tires at 145mm with a 20 pinion.
View attachment 242454

Talion 6S Tires at 145mm with a 23 pinion.
View attachment 242455
What software is that? That is awesome!
You have an On road and an Off road rig there. Will you be on Dirt/grass or pavement?????
Infr. on Dirt a No go!! Pavement Yes. Mojave is is good for 80mph maybe with much tuning, proper wheels and need to put a "windshield" on the Mojo, or it will just lift whether on pavement or dirt. I find that when I added a windshield, it even helped overall with speeds into the high 50's Need to tune the suspension for which terrain you want to speed run on. Been there.
Earl Moorehead has a great video. He is trying for best/100mph with his 8s Mojo on grass/dirt. Mojo is a very heavy rig out the box. With Poor aero etc.
I am sure 100 mph has been done. but with extreme modding. Belted Method RC Mojave wheels is a must IMHO. At the very least. But some are using On road belted wheels as well for pavement And slammed low to the ground. I don't think a stocker radio has enough range distance for 100mph.

Off road. Says it in the title of my thread. I have a Limitless GT that I've hit 126 mph with. 100 for the Mojave is a goal. We have folks in my area that have already hit 200 mph on the street so I want to lean towards off road. If you think the Mojave is too heavy, what chassis do you recommend? Typhon?

Last edited:
Have a Mojave an recently decided to shoot for 100mph off road, earl has some good info(yt vid above) as said aero will tough. I’ll be trying on a low cut dead grass field, we’ll see how it goes 😆
Strap a little weight to the front 😂
I went over 70 in the wet…..

CD5C6A62-0FBD-4C16-8069-31F8BB3FD73E.jpeg

E53F199A-D449-4B2A-A800-D4FE3D28B3EA.jpeg

Definitely planned to strap something there🤣, I feel I’m geared for around that speed now @ 25/46 maybe a little under. Have a 27 on hand and will grab a few more to play around with. Running a tp4070
Nice……. What ESC are you running?

Going to be tough for a few reasons. What kind of surface is it that you will be running on? Very flat? Tires will be an issue.
Short grass
Have a Mojave an recently decided to shoot for 100mph off road, earl has some good info(yt vid above) as said aero will tough. I’ll be trying on a low cut dead grass field, we’ll see how it goes 😆
Let me know!
Absolutely so.

I had Typhon Difs at 3.3 ration in that setup which greatly increases the potential speed but its hard on the motor and ESC.

Im going to running this combo over Grass this weekend, stretched Typhon Trugy.
Its nice and cool out today and the grass fiend is cut short.
I'll let you know what Breaks! LOL

View attachment 242458
Please do! What software is this you use?

method RC tires @138mm diam. Glued them up last night.
Its geared for 102mph which it Wont do but we'll see how close we can get without breaking anything.

IMG_3433.jpeg

IMG_3436.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back