Mojave Mojave Off Road Speed Runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely wasn't doubting you. She's a ripper! I just hate to see it wrecked if one of those tires lets go. You're a brave man🤘
I was surprised that 6s backflips would do 76MPH…… maybe more…which is why I think these tyres have a little more in them.

I done this with an Outcast 🤣

I’m running the Max6 with the 4985 1650KV…….34/39 gearing.
If it’s dry next week I’m going to run the car on 8s and see what numbers it will do with the stock tyre.

Are you planning on using the stock tyre?
Nice! That gearing got you 70?

I did plan on running stock tire but assume I’ll need to go belted at some point, I’m struggling to find a long enough field atm and definitely need some aero adjustments. Idk if it’ll be worse with out scorched flares?

Yeah bud 70 with that gearing……. Heaps left in it.
She did keep shooting off to the side but I reckon it was because it was wet, otherwise she normally tracks pretty straight.

What speeds have you done with the car?

I reckon they’ll do 85……
Bro nice run!, but seriously how did those birds not even move?
Are you out there so much that they are used to the Mojo flying past at 70mph?

Bro nice run!, but seriously how did those birds not even move?
Are you out there so much that they are used to the Mojo flying past at 70mph?
Lol…… na bro I’m no speed runner…… when I get bored with bashing il throw the spool in to mix it up……. then go back to bashing.

Short grass

Let me know!

Please do! What software is this you use?

Gear Speed App. 99 cents. Worth it.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/gear-speed-brushless-rc-speed-calculator/id898565895

I ran them both today for a while after work. Spun a pinion free in one and popped a front ball on the other. Easy fixes. Cartwheels are hazardous.
Grass grew in fast with all the rain that only ended yesterday. So the ground was a bit swollen and the grass sports field needed a trim.

The Stretched Kraton Buggy with stock Cooperhead2 MT tires (169mm) ran its consistent +/-70mph and I run out of space, Im think I can pick up another 5mph if I had the space too, I had it at a much bigger park but no GPS with me. It was running Flat out for a while, fast over grass.
On pavement it was running around the same.
18t/50t, 4.3 dif ratio, 169mm, 11.94 final drive. 16.3lbs with a 8000mAh 100c 6S with a 86mph max potential.
The tires really Grab the Grass and if you can keep it planted the tires don't balloon as much. When it starts lifting then the tires loose grip and balloon so you loose speed.

The Stretched Typhion Buggy with the method RC's at 139mm was geared for around 100mph max potential; 20t/50t, 3.3 difs, 8.25 final drive, 11.4lbs with the same 8000mAh 100c 6S was only running around 60mph and maybe 65mph on pavement.
The tires are Nice! Flat and don't ballon much, just swell some.
But on Grass they just don't get traction and spin the whole time to full throttle. On pavement its much the same.
Nice tire, I will enjoy them but not Big enough on Grass to claw deep enough and maybe too tall for pavement and wont gain enough traction with this 11lb Buggy. Its faster with 107 hoons where im seeing mid 70's consistent, geared for 79mph max. Runs flat out, gets squirrely but stays planted.

Im going to try the method RC's 1/8 MT tires at 172mm for the Stretched Kraton Buggy on Grass with a 19 and 20t pinion which raises potential max to about 92-97mph. Hoping to hit closer to 80mph but I doubt it will go any faster than that. Not with that motor, ESC and Batteries.

GrassRunning is Hard to Do!

Cogging or studdering? Yes Sir but not allot, i need to drop the Punch another notch and lower the timing if its at Arrma's default which is high. But I think I set it at 15.

Last edited:
I’m running the Max6 with the 4985 1650KV…….34/39 gearing.
If it’s dry next week I’m going to run the car on 8s and see what numbers it will do with the stock tyre.

Are you planning on using the stock tyre?
Yes sir, at this time

method RC tires @138mm diam. Glued them up last night.
Its geared for 102mph which it Wont do but we'll see how close we can get without breaking anything.

View attachment 242509

View attachment 242510
MethodRC seems to be the go to currently??
They have things covered with the belted concept. They save some coin by NOT gluing them. I think that is a plus also.
Considering they are not Premounts (needing to glue yourself). For some of the contemporary newbs, that seems to be a put off. Not IMHO. I find premounts to be poorly glued in many cases. When I glue them up, they rarely come off the wheel's beads. We all got spoiled with glued up premounted tires as of late. But they are not always the best IMHO.
For me, Going back years, gluing yourself was always a thing. Glued up sets of tires never existed. In fact Gluing wasn't even used going back to the late 1980's.
I always thought the mojave stock tires were durable, and seeing them go 70mph def gives them even more credibility IMO.
The Mojo Fortress's are under rated. I don't know why?? Yes they are costly considering their small size and being OE and non belted. IMHO.
But I like them as performance and longevity go. The Methods are a tad taller. Which is ok.
The only way to make the Fortess even better is if they had a Belted version.
The Fortress's visibly have the better Block tread IMHO.
The Methods seem to be the go to for the Mojo as upgrade wheels go. Best fitting. Correct offset matters.(y)

Last edited:
MethodRC seems to be the go to currently??
They have things covered with the belted concept. They save some coin by NOT gluing them. I think that is a plus also.
Considering they are not Premounts (needing to glue yourself). For some of the contemporary newbs, that seems to be a put off. Not IMHO. I find premounts to be poorly glued in many cases. When I glue them up, they rarely come off the wheel's beads. We all got spoiled with glued up premounted tires as of late. But they are not always the best IMHO.
For me, Going back years, gluing yourself was always a thing. Glued up sets of tires never existed. In fact Gluing wasn't even used going back to the late 1980's.

The Mojo Fortress's are under rated. I don't know why?? Yes they are costly considering their small size and being OE and non belted. IMHO.
But I like them as performance and longevity go. The Methods are a tad taller. Which is ok.
The only way to make the Fortess even better is if they had a Belted version.
The Fortress's visibly have the better Block tread IMHO.
The Methods seem to be the go to for the Mojo as upgrade wheels go. Best fitting. Correct offset matters.(y)
Some impressions here on a post I made
But 1 of the 4 method RCs (I keep rotating it around the car) is wobbling some. The glue beed looks okay but what do i know.

Id like to try the method RC's 1/8 MT tires at 172mm X 82mm
Much bigger than the ones I have now at 139mm X 59mm that wont grip the grass.
416g vs 212g each though. But it compares more closely with the Coppehead2 MT's.

Have a Mojave an recently decided to shoot for 100mph off road, earl has some good info(yt vid above) as said aero will tough. I’ll be trying on a low cut dead grass field, we’ll see how it goes 😆
Nice! you better record it bruh lol.

You guys should check out the methodrc SCT tires. I've gone 80+ with them but haven't tried off road.

Nice! you better record it bruh lol.

You guys should check out the methodrc SCT tires. I've gone 80+ with them but haven't tried off road.
1663040594536.gif

Will check those out!🤘

I think a stretched Talion is the best setup IMO for off road speed. The Belted Katars should hold up.
That thing sure is stable. Even for jumping, I just took mine out to the bmx spot for the second time and it's nuts how easily that thing flies too. Def my new fav rig, can get speed down without wheelies and don't even have to air correct a lot of the time.

That thing sure is stable. Even for jumping, I just took mine out to the bmx spot for the second time and it's nuts how easily that thing flies too. Def my new fav rig, can get speed down without wheelies and don't even have to air correct a lot of the time.
Thank you!

Thank you all for the replies and great advice! I'll post on here as the adventure continues!

We have folks in my area that have already hit 200 mph on the street so I want to lean towards off road. If you think the Mojave is too heavy, what chassis do you recommend? Typhon?

LOL 200 mph with an RC CAR?
There are only 2 people in the world who have done 200+ and neither lives in Arkansas.

EDIT - Forgot about the Kaye team in Arkansas. I guess you can consider the farther son team as "folks" I thought you meant multiple people have done 200 in your area.

Long wheelbase helps a ton with high stability. I would stick with the Mojave chassis.
You will need the electronics from your 126+ mph Limitless given the extra drag caused by the grass.

Last edited:
LOL 200 mph with an RC CAR?
There are only 2 people in the world who have done 200+ and neither lives in Arkansas.

Long wheelbase helps a ton with high stability. I would stick with the Mojave chassis.
You will need the electronics from your 126+ mph Limitless given the extra drag caused by the grass.
Mason Kaye ran a confirmed 200MPH and his Father and Brother have both hit 196 and 198. We have one of them at 200 and soon it will be 3. 501 Speed Crew on You Tube.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back