Mojave Mojave priority upgrades advise needed (Fresh meat)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Combo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Senton 6s
Hey all,

1. Just bought my first rc car.. (40yrs)
2. Its a Mojave.. ?
3. Pls feel free to post your advise..

So,
I would like to give her attention and make some upgrades befor i run it..
Am i going to far with this?

Screenshot_20200224-212222.png

1) Should i wait with that and first buy a decent remote or any other upgrade? ( so far i've ordered T-Bone bumper and mud guards)..
2) What about Chassis Bracers?
Servo& Servo mount?
Aluminium hubs?
And the other high end upgrades..

Since i bought the car+batteries+charger... so i need now to consider how i use my funds...

Thx all...?

I would upgrade the chassis braces to M2C Units. T-Bone Bumpers come recommended as well. As for Servo - I have a Savox 1270TG in mine and it's great. Stock mount, though.

Don't use stainless steel bolts they are too soft and Ti are too expensive for what they are..
Get a bag of original screws from Jenny's..? I run that exact Akerman in all my trucks..??
For the Mojave I would say get the M2C braces as mentioned above as a number one upgrade..!!
I think it all depends on what you want to do with it, servo I think will be fine for now as it's only turning smaller tyres.
My personal opinion would be get another radio ASAP..!! Go with a Futaba or Spektrum DX5c / Rugged..?

Contact @Badtouch The basher for all your M2C needs if your in the UK..??

Don't use stainless steel bolts they are too soft and Ti are too expensive for what they are..
Get a bag of original screws from Jenny's..? I run that exact Akerman in all my trucks..??
For the Mojave I would say get the M2C braces as mentioned above as a number one upgrade..!!
I think it all depends on what you want to do with it, servo I think will be fine for now as it's only turning smaller tyres.
My personal opinion would be get another radio ASAP..!! Go with a Futaba or Spektrum DX5c / Rugged..?

Contact @Badtouch The basher for all your M2C needs if your in the UK..??

I am focused on Futaba 4 series (pv/pm don't know whats better..)
I do have the m2c bracers in the basket on their website... im not from uk.. from Israel. Cant these here..

Thx for the help.
I think that now i will take the bracers and then a remote..and all the aluminium upgrades for the steering and hubs.

Tux gyus..
I must admit - i havnt got the car yet.. lol..
It will arrive in 10 days or so...??

I am focused on Futaba 4 series (pv/pm don't know whats better..)
I do have the m2c bracers in the basket on their website... im not from uk.. from Israel. Cant these here..

Thx for the help.
I think that now i will take the bracers and then a remote..and all the aluminium upgrades for the steering and hubs.

Tux gyus..
I must admit - i havnt got the car yet.. lol..
It will arrive in 10 days or so...??
Get the M2C chassis braces first. You don't need the steering plate unless you bend the stock one. Hold off on everything else, including the servo. A faster servo is only going to make it roll more than it does.

Just about to get one of these myself.

Have read the stock radio is not much good. What is the best/cheapest upgrade option?

Is there a sealed bearing "Kit" that you can get for these or do I have to buy individual bearings?

Have read the stock radio is not much good. What is the best/cheapest upgrade option?

Is there a sealed bearing "Kit" that you can get for these or do I have to buy individual bearings?
Jim's Bearings has a stainless steel sealed bearing kit for the Mojave. Bought it myself, but haven't had the chance to install them, yet.

I bought the Plaig Bearings kit specifically for the 6S Mojave. Aussie company and the bearings are used by many RC racers. I bought from their eBay listing....I’ll find the link. Otherwise just go to the Plaig Bearings site.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/151937183257

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back