Mojave Mojave Rear Diff Problem Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian65

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
Posted a week or so ago that my Mojave EXB rear diff wasn't pulling with the front. That happened on 6s. Rebuilt it even tho I didn't find anything wrong. Been running 4s pack for about last 4 or 5 runs. No problems. Tonight put in 6s and within a few minutes the rear diff went south again. Running 30k front, 100k center & 10k rear. Any ideas?

Did you replace the plates? I had to on my K6EXB and that helped, granted I only ran one 6s pack. My center plates have some nasty grooves on it too so those will get replaced soon too.

Also, you do know there are sides to the plates? Just want to make sure, sharp edges away from the spider gears.
Or grab this set and make the rear an open diff
20221207_173246.jpg

Last edited:
Did you replace the plates? I had to on my K6EXB and that helped, granted I only ran one 6s pack. My center plates have some nasty grooves on it too so those will get replaced soon too.

Also, you do know there are sides to the plates? Just want to make sure, sharp edges away from the spider gears.
Yep. Replaced plates and made sure smooth side in towards spider gears. Haven't checked center diff plates. Bought truck new about month ago. Wouldn't think rear would be giving problems already. Running the stock spektrum ESC & 2050 motor

Can you post up some pictures of all the components in the diff? Is the case in good condition, gear edges look good as well? Not too much play in the outdrives? Sadly some people run into issues right away, a friend lost his rear EXB diff on the 2nd or 3rd pack..

Well I found the problem. Motor came loose. I put blue loctite on motor & pinion screws before ever running it when I bought it. Going to let loctite sit overnight this time. Diff seems nice & smooth now. It was rough before & that's when I noticed the motor moving.

Glad you found it! (y)

That 24hour set time is crucial.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back