Mojave Mojave Rear Hub/bearing play

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5mall5nail5

Reaction score

So, not sure that anything particularly devastating happened but was cleaning up the truck and noticed the rear wheel had a ton of play. My only upgrades are the M2C extended hubs. What's the best course of repair? Is there are reason the bearing failed? I don't see the race around the axle or anything so not entirely sure what broke yet. Is the hub salvageable or should I go aluminum or a new original hub? Thanks!

So, not sure that anything particularly devastating happened but was cleaning up the truck and noticed the rear wheel had a ton of play. My only upgrades are the M2C extended hubs. What's the best course of repair? Is there are reason the bearing failed? I don't see the race around the axle or anything so not entirely sure what broke yet. Is the hub salvageable or should I go aluminum or a new original hub? Thanks!
That is a shot bearing.

Yeah, looks to me like the bearing locked up completely and ate away some of the inside of the plastic. Even if you got a new bearing the hole might be too big. Either that or the outside part of the bearing is missing haha.

I'll take apart the hub today and see. There were thin washers/seals falling out of it. I didn't notice any melty but it's possible.

I just ordered the Vitavon front and rear hub set w/ oversized bearings just in case the stock hubs are melty. I'll put the new bearings in the stock hubs and bash and then swap to Vitavon later or I'll have them on hand in case more things are broken.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Hate to tell you new hubs bearing lockup and spun in the hub replaced the bearing to

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back