Mojave rear iner hub bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurnTheMartyr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
The rear inner hub bearings both left and right side seem to be packed with some sort of explosive? I'm using sealed bearings and I don't play in any water. Probably every 3 packs 1 of them detonates. Is there any kind of upgrade or fix or maybe I'm doing something wrong? They're cheap and easy to swap out but it's annoying when I can't get through a decent bash sesh with the homie without wrenching.

The rear inner hub bearings both left and right side seem to be packed with some sort of explosive? I'm using sealed bearings and I don't play in any water. Probably every 3 packs 1 of them detonates. Is there any kind of upgrade or fix or maybe I'm doing something wrong? They're cheap and easy to swap out but it's annoying when I can't get through a decent bash sesh with the homie without wrenching.
Since you not going in water try getting some of the old bearings for older models that have the steel bearing covers that might help strengthen them or you could oil or you could just get brass spacers of the same size it’ll lower your speed but you won’t blow bearings

Since you not going in water try getting some of the old bearings for older models that have the steel bearing covers that might help strengthen them or you could oil or you could just get brass spacers of the same size it’ll lower your speed but you won’t blow bearings
You mean a shielded bearing over a sealed bearing? Do the shields add strength to the bearing? I dunno bout that. Also never seen brass bushings used anywhere that sees high speeds and also supports weight?

what kind of sand do you run on? maybe dune/beach sand? if so that's unfortunately expected.

One tip i read once in these forums is to use CVD axle and driveshaft (as the front) in the rear, dunno about Mojave but it works for the other models.

The idea was that the slot for the dogbone axle let sand enter to the space between the bearings.

what kind of sand do you run on? maybe dune/beach sand? if so that's unfortunately expected.

One tip i read once in these forums is to use CVD axle and driveshaft (as the front) in the rear, dunno about Mojave but it works for the other models.

The idea was that the slot for the dogbone axle let sand enter to the space between the bearings.
That's something I could try. I'm still on the stock front bearings and just blew the 6th (3 on each side) in the rear.

Oh and no real "sand." Mostly just dry dusty hard pack. I may try packing them with grease. I'd guess theyre getting too hot for the thin oil they come with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back