Mojave Mojave SHOCK SPRINGS recommendation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary.rvp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
My Mojave 6s I think is time to change shock sprigs because don’t have the same cushion. I am using 50k shock oil team Losi. Any Recommendations

The Mojave stock uses 550cst oil, have you miss typed your post or are you using 50.000cst..!!??? or do you mean 50 weight.?
??‍♂️Yes 50 weight ?

D5012875-A42F-4181-8812-182F94E51F54.jpeg

Front springs are 70mm, rears are 110mm. Higher lbf/in = stiffer
Thanks for that infos. I have been to lazy to measure my springs. I mounted a Spektrum 160A ESC and Rocket 1650KV (4292) Motor so my setup is already heavier than standard 6S. As a beginner I find the suspension super cool while driving but I haven´t done any jumps. I think I should change oil (I already have I think 550 cst and 750 cst as options) but the first thing I did was to adjust the springs in the back. After compressing them they aren´t centric in the shock anymore and rub the shock body what may not be an issue but isn´t nice either. For my other smaller RCs I bought some mix of springs from Ali and they were top qulity and price (5 dollar for 10 pieces in different lengths). But there you can´t order them as per (length, inner diameter and) stiffness (K-factor) but only per spring / wire thickness. I´ll see what the standard are. I suppose the different springs from Arrma are from the same material and also vary the wire thickness?

Thanks!
I’m looking for stiffer springs I’m running 8s 1100 kv stock springs bottom out
I´ll also will go with the 5687 Spektrum 1100 kv Motor. That thing ist reaaally heavy. May be a little too much for the Mojave but it should run cooler than my Rocket 4292 without fans. Last week it went so hot running a bit on gras that one of the LiPos Dean melt away. :S Hopefully it wasnt more damage... I forgot my heat/temp gun...

Thanks for that infos. I have been to lazy to measure my springs. I mounted a Spektrum 160A ESC and Rocket 1650KV (4292) Motor so my setup is already heavier than standard 6S. As a beginner I find the suspension super cool while driving but I haven´t done any jumps. I think I should change oil (I already have I think 550 cst and 750 cst as options) but the first thing I did was to adjust the springs in the back. After compressing them they aren´t centric in the shock anymore and rub the shock body what may not be an issue but isn´t nice either. For my other smaller RCs I bought some mix of springs from Ali and they were top qulity and price (5 dollar for 10 pieces in different lengths). But there you can´t order them as per (length, inner diameter and) stiffness (K-factor) but only per spring / wire thickness. I´ll see what the standard are. I suppose the different springs from Arrma are from the same material and also vary the wire thickness?

Thanks!

I´ll also will go with the 5687 Spektrum 1100 kv Motor. That thing ist reaaally heavy. May be a little too much for the Mojave but it should run cooler than my Rocket 4292 without fans. Last week it went so hot running a bit on gras that one of the LiPos Dean melt away. :S Hopefully it wasnt more damage... I forgot my heat/temp gun...
I'm still running stock springs, but changed shock oil to 1000cst. When I need new springs I think I will get the more stiffer ones to try them though.

I'm still running stock springs, but changed shock oil to 1000cst. When I need new springs I think I will get the more stiffer ones to try them though.
Hi Sandracer! OK, good to know. I´ll try the higher cst that I have. I may have ordered also something higher than 750 cst...
I measured the springs from my Mojave and they look to be F/R: 70/110 (100 would also work I think), 24 mm outside diameter ( I should measure the inner D.) and about 1,8/1,5mm wire thickness. As they are stainless steel they probably are stiffer and carbon steel ones...
I would change your out your Dean plugs to ec5 plugs and for springs for my the stiff er the better but I’m doing speed runs
Yes, I had only one LiPo with Deans the other with EC5. I´ll probably change the plug for better heat performance, but sometimes it´s a bit messy to solder the plugs...

Hi Sandracer! OK, good to know. I´ll try the higher cst that I have. I may have ordered also something higher than 750 cst...
I measured the springs from my Mojave and they look to be F/R: 70/110 (100 would also work I think), 24 mm outside diameter ( I should measure the inner D.) and about 1,8/1,5mm wire thickness. As they are stainless steel they probably are stiffer and carbon steel ones...

Yes, I had only one LiPo with Deans the other with EC5. I´ll probably change the plug for better heat performance, but sometimes it´s a bit messy to solder the plugs...
No need to be guessing the stock spring lenght and the other Arrma spring options:;)
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-spring-list-chart-for-4s-and-most-6s-vehicles.18704/

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back