Mojave shocks on big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn75

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hi all just got the Mojave shocks for the front of my big rock, which associated springs is it I get to go with them front or rear.
Thanks

Hi all just got the Mojave shocks for the front of my big rock, which associated springs is it I get to go with them front or rear.
Thanks
Top off the shocks with 50wt oil and see how it rolls with stock springs first. You may like it. These are front and rear I just forget which is which. Someone else should know.

466E3D50-9641-4439-8C6B-703E69D79083.png

Thanks, they seem really bouncy compared to the 6s typhon shocks on my 3s typhon.
Not sure wether to change the springs or just thicker oil for a slower rebound?

Thanks, they seem really bouncy compared to the 6s typhon shocks on my 3s typhon.
Not sure wether to change the springs or just thicker oil for a slower rebound?
I did springs first and then oil with my typhon build, which I basically turned into an overpowered big rock of sorts (pic below), I ended up putting the stock springs back on because it was heavier by the time I was done with it. It performs far better with them. I also use rpm arms and the front shocks I have them on the outside hole so it’s not jacked up as much and carves into turns better

On my granite, which is my jumper, I also put the Stock Springs back on. On both I bumped the oil up quite a bit. Running about 60wt front and back. On my wife’s big rock I’m running team associated Springs with 40-45wt. On my vorteks hybrid I am running Arrma springs that are similar to the stock vorteks springs with 50-55wt.

It’s been an experiment. Which will be for you as well. I don’t do things exact. I kept the oil the shocks came with and then added heavier or lighter weight until it felt right. In the beginning I didn’t notice a difference really. But after over a year of driving RC’s I can finally tell. So start somewhere without stressing about it too much and enjoy!

26D61564-B09E-4F21-A0D9-F85547FD94DA.jpeg

Thanks for the feedback, I will stick to the standard springs for now and see how it feels,I've only just had the big rock I'm absolutely loving it at the moment actually prefer it to the kraton. I enjoy experimenting with the handling side of things more than just making them quicker.

Thanks for the feedback, I will stick to the standard springs for now and see how it feels,I've only just had the big rock I'm absolutely loving it at the moment actually prefer it to the kraton. I enjoy experimenting with the handling side of things more than just making them quicker.
Nice! I’m in the process of building a notorious and it’ll be my first 6S car. Fun fun hobby!

Have you tried the pro line trenchers on any of your 3s trucks not sure wether to get some loads of people seem to like the granite wheels, also not sure wether to try the belted ones.

Have you tried the pro line trenchers on any of your 3s trucks not sure wether to get some loads of people seem to like the granite wheels, also not sure wether to try the belted ones.
I like proline Badlands, Powerhobby raptors and one other tire Powerhobby makes that I forget the name of.
Oh, defenders. Powerhobby defenders, I have those on old Yeller and love em. Stock granite wheels are great. I have those on my wife’s big rock. I just tend to tear them up so I prefer tougher tires on my other cars. Add land‘s 10 to be my favorite but they are too much traction sometimes. That’s why I like the power hobby tires they slide nicely drift style in the dirt.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back