Mojave Mojave Speedrun Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedondoBeachRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Limitless
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Mojave
  8. Senton 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
  10. Typhon 3s
Some of you have greatly helped me out this build, and I very much appreciate you.

I’m currently stuck in the 80mph range. To me it seems like the biggest issue is my steering. It’s really difficult to keep straight.

I’ve tried adjustments for both toe-in/out, and neutral. Still difficult. Camber is zero’d.

Any thoughts?
609CDEDC-4BA4-4A0B-95F2-B1EB96F41510.jpeg

Try I think some negative camber so tires sit a hair like this \ / so when under power the suspension sags to make them sit | | maybe if they are at zero when under load they may be going to / \ from | | just a educated thought? Worth a try anyways if you haven't tried that yet.

Lots of reasons. What does your road look like? Does it have a crown? Bumpy?

How are your diffs setup? Thicker diffs will help stay straight as the power is evenly distributed.

I would go with one degree of negative camber and just a slight touch of toe in.

What radio you using??
Is it hard to keep strait from Your steering input,or is truck all over the place on its own
I’m using a Spektrum STX3. I now have a Radiolink R6, which I haven’t used yet.

It requires a lot of input and corrections to keep straight. I’ve tried centering with the ST trim but no difference. It’s really squirrely. A friend I was running with couldn’t manage it at 40mph, and he had been running 80-90s with his Felony.

I wondering if I should buy a new steering assembly from Jenny’s. Maybe I need a stronger servo? I’m using the Amazon 35kg servo

How are your diffs setup? Thicker diffs will help stay straight as the power is evenly distributed.

I would go with one degree of negative camber and just a slight touch of toe in.
Road has a crown but I run in the center lane. Not bumpy. It’s not smooth asphalt but leveled like you see in the pic.

Rear diff are stock infraction, front diff is scored diff locker.

I’ll adjust the camber.

Try tightening up the servo saver, world of difference on my EXB. If its the non adjustable one you need to add spacers. Theres a thread somewhere here

It requires a lot of input and corrections to keep straight. I’ve tried centering with the ST trim but no difference. It’s really squirrely. A friend I was running with couldn’t manage it at 40mph, and he had been running 80-90s with his Felony.

I wondering if I should buy a new steering assembly from Jenny’s. Maybe I need a stronger servo? I’m using the Amazon 35kg servo

Road has a crown but I run in the center lane. Not bumpy. It’s not smooth asphalt but leveled like you see in the pic.

I’ll adjust the camber.
https://youtube.com/shorts/vOnXvKWrUcI?feature=share
Forgot to post this other day.you want slow steering

I’ll adjust the camber.
Mojave seam to want to go there own way,essentially on crowned road,id imagine it would be very hard to keep in center.bet it go off to either side.need flat road or else you be crashing..just my opinion

+1 on all of this.

Also what is the rear of the body like? Some of your issues might be aerodynamics related. (letting air escape instead of running into the back of the body)
Most every Arrma I have driven needs a rear wing at 80+ mph speeds. You may want to look at running an infraction rear wing on it?

Try tightening up the servo saver, world of difference on my EXB. If its the non adjustable one you need to add spacers. Theres a thread somewhere here
I’ll try that out. Gonna order the x-hard servo saver spring too.
+1 on all of this.

Also what is the rear of the body like? Some of your issues might be aerodynamics related. (letting air escape instead of running into the back of the body)
Most every Arrma I have driven needs a rear wing at 80+ mph speeds. You may want to look at running an infraction rear wing on it?

Attachments

• 8CB43A6A-8D6C-4942-842C-32674A7169A3.jpeg
    8CB43A6A-8D6C-4942-842C-32674A7169A3.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 49
6S Speedrun. Thanks to you guys help she was able to stay straight. I adjusted the steering rate down on the R6 Radiolink and that helped a ton!

View attachment 156641View attachment 156642
Try an get at least 3200 feet on a pass if possible. Better results 👍
I hooked up a little 3s pack on radiolink. 12.6 volts seamed to help with reception
Castle is outa stock on xlx2s.cant wait much longer..think I'm gonna buy another one off amazon...230$ on sale right now.🤔🤔🤔
Got senton6 suspension all around now.truck is sitting LOOOWWW.looks sweet thou.just need an esc.

Back