Mojave Mojave tire body question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mojave Pilot

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I was advised to get some proline badlands tires 3.8 all terrain tires on wheels. I didn't realize these were bigger tires. Are the a good tire for this car ? I get Ill have to trim body a little and maybe raise the body. Although the front body mounts are raised up to max extension. Question is just trim body, how do I raise the front body mount. Or did I just get the wrong tires lol.

Thanks

Hey there.
Ya you are going to have to trim the body, perhaps the front bumper too. I don’t have my Mojave in front of me right now but it has backflip LP’s on it and body trimming was needed.

The stock tires are a bit small in my humble opinion.

Hey there.
Ya you are going to have to trim the body, perhaps the front bumper too. I don’t have my Mojave in front of me right now but it has backflip LP’s on it and body trimming was needed.

I really want to try backflip lp's on the mojave. Is body trimming all you had to do? lol the air control with katars is horrible.

I really want to try backflip lp's on the mojave. Is body trimming all you had to do? lol the air control with katars is horrible.
Yes, that’s all I had to do, as well as trimming the bumper. Katars?….the Mojave comes stock with fortress tires. I did add the JBI 20mm hub extenders but had to trim the body regardless of their use or not. The rig is much better with the LP’s on it, in my opinion.

Hey there.

I felt the same way the current tire were a little small too

Yes, that’s all I had to do, as well as trimming the bumper. Katars?….the Mojave comes stock with fortress tires. I did add the JBI 20mm hub extenders but had to trim the body regardless of their use or not. The rig is much better with the LP’s on it, in my opinion.
Thanks for the details, I think I might have to go ahead and do that. Do you think it's better with the 20mm extensions? And yea I changed from stock tires to methodRC sct tires and then the talion Katars. I actually only ran the Mojave on stock tires for like 2 packs. Backflip lps seem like they'd be really fun though.

Yes I like it better with the 20mm extenders. I think M2c makes them as well as JBI. Less traction roll. The backflip LP’s are great, I have them on my Talion too.

cheers,
kev

Thanks for the details, I think I might have to go ahead and do that. Do you think it's better with the 20mm extensions? And yea I changed from stock tires to methodRC sct tires and then the talion Katars. I actually only ran the Mojave on stock tires for like 2 packs. Backflip lps seem like they'd be really fun though.
Sell me your stock wheels ?😬

Anyone that doesn’t want stock wheels lmk!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back