Mojave Mojave Tire Upgrade

soundblast0r

Reaction score
They are in stock, they have 2 listings, one for a set of 4 and one for a set of 2. You just let Arthur know what color you want.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VITAVON-al...-/284279923193?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
I put the Hyrax tires on proline SC wheels with aluminum 17mm hex’s. I got tired of waiting for the Vitivons to be in stock

View attachment 147370

View attachment 147371
are those regular sc 2.2 3.0 wheels for the 1/7 hyrax?

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave EXB
are those regular sc 2.2 3.0 wheels for the 1/7 hyrax?
Tires: Proline PL10163-00
Wheels: Traxxas TRX8471
Remove the Traxxas hex splines with a dremel to get hex17mm.
A bit dirty but they look good.
AF90A6BD-1A66-489C-B555-BB362DB0EB63.jpeg

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
Out testing today on the gravel and these Methods are quite fast. What I also like is when getting on the throttle, the truck continues to track straight. The more I drive these, the more I like them.

Mojave Method 6.jpg

Dan B.

Area man
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Was just reading through this old thread. Maybe it’s just turf and gravel composition in my particular zip code, but I really don’t have a problem at all with the stocker tires on my Mojave. They’re better than most, IMO. And ain’t no way I’ll ever go to aluminum wheels on a 1/7 truck whether they say Vitavon on them or not. Why would anyone (outside of the crawler scene) actually spend that kind of money to add that much unsprung weight? Makes no sense at all to me. From the obvious decrease in handling to the overheating of electronics, the bling thing just doesn’t add up when it comes to wheels. Just my .02.

Steve B in Vegas

Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
With Motowork beadlock wheels, which are a true 2.2", then you have all of 2.2 tire options on the market that will fit. I probably have another half-dozen sets of tires that I can run on the Mojave with those wheels, and with the CI DW foams, they easily handle 6s power. I won't say that it's a good investment for the truck, and I also prefer plastic wheels. The OEM tires are crap on desert hardpack though. I only run OEM on short grass.

As for the weight, sure it adds. Heavy wheels are not ideal, but unless you are on a track with a lap timer and a good driver, you'll never see the difference. Testing tires is sorta my thing, and running the trucks on a set track is part of that, I can't say I've seen any overheating result that's pointed towards the beadlock wheels - but I've never looked for it. My temps stay pretty consistent.

All the other aluminum crap people add for bashing has a far more detrimental effect on truck handling. Not to mention crazy heavy batteries.

Mojave Beadlocks 1.jpg

Moirae

Beauty & Beast
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Notorious
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
Out testing today on the gravel and these Methods are quite fast. What I also like is when getting on the throttle, the truck continues to track straight. The more I drive these, the more I like them.

View attachment 216171
Those tires really are amazing imo. I took them off my mojave and tried them on my talion. Loved them so much on the talion the mojave never saw them again 🤣. I even love the Mt ones on my kraton.

Steve B in Vegas

Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
Are there any plastic/nylon wheel options to fit those?
Not that I'm aware of. Problem you're facing is the 17mm hub requirement and a 2.2" wheel. I'm not aware of a single plastic 2.2" wheel with a 17mm hex. Just about in every situation you're going to be running the 2.2/3.0 combo and searching for tires in that range. If you really want variety in your tire options, you need to get the Motoworx wheels. Just keep in mind you'll be running a wider stance and the knuckles won't be protected on the inside of the wheel.

Once I get the Mojave info updated on the website, I'll dive into these details with photos and such. Better to get this sorted out before dropping $200 on wheels.

s