Mojave Mojave Tire Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colesrhot

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey y’all, new to forums but have some advice. I’ve got a Mojave 6s v2 and burn through tires and strip the inner plastic hexes all the time. Recently picked up the UDR Hyrax tires and am mounting them on some aluminum Vitavon beadlocks when they come in. Working at a hobby shop, I’ve been able to compare just about every aftermarket proline tire as well as arrma tire to the stock Fortress tires. So far, the size of the UDR hyrax tire matches up to the fortress almost perfectly. Only picture that is attached is the eBay thumbnail for the beadlock rims, will post when I get mine in the mail.

6220F975-A3D1-4C2A-87DC-8CE529F3E6A0.png

Hey y’all, new to forums but have some advice. I’ve got a Mojave 6s v2 and burn through tires and strip the inner plastic hexes all the time. Recently picked up the UDR Hyrax tires and am mounting them on some aluminum Vitavon beadlocks when they come in. Working at a hobby shop, I’ve been able to compare just about every aftermarket proline tire as well as arrma tire to the stock Fortress tires. So far, the size of the UDR hyrax tire matches up to the fortress almost perfectly. Only picture that is attached is the eBay thumbnail for the beadlock rims, will post when I get mine in the mail.

View attachment 142033
I put the Hyrax tires on proline SC wheels with aluminum 17mm hex’s. I got tired of waiting for the Vitivons to be in stock

D693DF58-B5E7-439D-B47C-1774E914E62A.jpeg

D4E825C3-3281-451D-92E6-7D1245C02588.jpeg

I put the Hyrax tires on proline SC wheels with aluminum 17mm hex’s. I got tired of waiting for the Vitivons to be in stock
Another option is to put the Hyrax tires on Traxxas Method wheels (from the UDR). You need to use a Dremel to adjust/ grind the Traxxas hex a little to make it fit to non-Traxxas 17mm hex.
But he, even I managed to do that so can’t be that difficult 😉.
Here’s the result
image.jpg

The fix has been to run a lower hole and take off the top of the hub material. i lowered mine to a lower hole and let the wheel do the rest when it hits. I don't think mine has really hit too much yet.

Yes sir, that solution became obvious after a couple of runs. Unfortunately in the business world you hate hearing after the fact “by the way this is what you need to do “ in order for it to work properly. Should have told me ahead of time change mount and suck up the grinding.🤔

Just got these put together and went for a short run. Motor is overheating a good bit with the added weight. I also moved my rear struts down to the bottom hole and sanded off the top of the rear hubs. Seems to have resolved the clearance issue perfectly.

The Hyrax tires are super grippy and the heavy aluminum wheels improve the handling a lot. Moves the center of gravity lower and makes it turn a good bit better.

Downside so far is the heat from added weight and rotational mass. I'm sure the Texas summer doesn't help either but I had to cut my run short after about 10 minutes the motor was already at around 150 F. And that's with the Yeah racing twin tornado fan setup. I think my stock motor might be finally about give out. I'll likely have to move to a slower KV but longer motor like one of the TP power or rocket ones.

Yes sir, that solution became obvious after a couple of runs. Unfortunately in the business world you hate hearing after the fact “by the way this is what you need to do “ in order for it to work properly. Should have told me ahead of time change mount and suck up the grinding.🤔
You are right!

Downside so far is the heat from added weight and rotational mass. I'm sure the Texas summer doesn't help either but I had to cut my run short after about 10 minutes the motor was already at around 150 F. And that's with the Yeah racing twin tornado fan setup. I think my stock motor might be finally about give out. I'll likely have to move to a slower KV but longer motor like one of the TP power or rocket ones.
As long as you keep it under 170... should be ok. Mine run in the 150-160 range most of the time. Different trucks of course, but arrma, castle, hobbystar and surpass motors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back