Mojave tires on a Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. Been wondering what it would look like.

I am surprised that the Mojave tires are actually skinnier than the Typhon 6s. They are a little taller.

Mojave - Width: 1.65" (42mm)
Typhon 6s - Width: 1.7" (44mm)

Same here. Been wondering what it would look like.

I am surprised that the Mojave tires are actually skinnier than the Typhon 6s. They are a little taller.

Mojave - Width: 1.65" (42mm)
Typhon 6s - Width: 1.7" (44mm)
Here you go
This is my typhon v5 with some Mojave tires on it
I’ve only used it for like 5 minutes with this setup though
Wheelies like mad now

83F1D5E8-5B84-4DC1-A20C-6A9B43FEB7E3.jpeg

6AF55FE3-C56D-4B63-B635-E7F5F5544D8A.jpeg

5D96667E-7851-46F6-98E8-E63875ECA309.jpeg

68C1469F-0DAD-4927-968E-9271B9FE26D4.jpeg

1DE8EE61-3CD9-4330-B534-3CD9CE336941.jpeg

Here you go
Wheelies like mad now

View attachment 139003

View attachment 139004

View attachment 139005

View attachment 139006

View attachment 139007
I like th
Here you go
Wheelies like mad now

View attachment 139003

View attachment 139004

View attachment 139005

View attachment 139006

View attachment 139007
I like that body. Pretty cool! 👍

Here you go
Wheelies like mad now

View attachment 139003

View attachment 139004

View attachment 139005

View attachment 139006

View attachment 139007
Looks really good. I have a couple questions tho......................1.) looks like a pretty much stock setup meaning not widened via "truggification" Kraton hubs, wheel axles etc, is this correct? 2.) when ballooning hows the clearance to the body? any rubbage? I need some basher wheels for my Typhon but don't want to "truggify" it as I like to run on a track in its true buggy form.

Looks really good. I have a couple questions tho......................1.) looks like a pretty much stock setup meaning not widened via "truggification" Kraton hubs, wheel axles etc, is this correct? 2.) when ballooning hows the clearance to the body? any rubbage? I need some basher wheels for my Typhon but don't want to "truggify" it as I like to run on a track in its true buggy form.
I don’t know if this helps you, but I have mojave tires on a 3S typhon. I didn’t change anything but the tires. Mine don’t balloon on 3S power - these tires are narrow and pretty hard. I really like them.

I don’t know if this helps you, but I have mojave tires on a 3S typhon. I didn’t change anything but the tires. Mine don’t balloon on 3S power - these tires are narrow and pretty hard. I really like them.
I have a typhon 6s I kee hearing that certain tires will be to big and make the car run hot but I am looking for bigger tires. Do you happen to know if I put these on my v5 6s typhon if my car will get too hot or it will; cause any problems? I looking for bigger tire options for my car cause its stock.

I have a typhon 6s I kee hearing that certain tires will be to big and make the car run hot but I am looking for bigger tires. Do you happen to know if I put these on my v5 6s typhon if my car will get too hot or it will; cause any problems? I looking for bigger tire options for my car cause its stock.
I geared down when I put heavier tires on so I wouldn’t have heat issues. I actually took these tires off though and went back to buggy tires. Having a separate buggy and monster truck is better than trying to make one car do both.

I geared down when I put heavier tires on so I wouldn’t have heat issues. I actually took these tires off though and went back to buggy tires. Having a separate buggy and monster truck is better than trying to make one car do both.
Thanks for the reply. I’m so new to this. I’ll look up gearing down on YouTube and see what I can learn.
May I ask what you gear down to? What does that do to your speed acceleration?

Thanks for the reply. I’m so new to this. I’ll look up gearing down on YouTube and see what I can learn.
May I ask what you gear down to? What does that do to your speed acceleration?
By “gearing down” I mean a pinion gear with fewer teeth. The pinion gear is the one attached to the motor shaft.

Installing a larger tire effectively gears the car taller, which means a higher top speed. But it also means more stress on the motor in the form of heat. Heat is bad.

Installing a smaller pinion at the same time can counteract the effect.

By “gearing down” I mean a pinion gear with fewer teeth. The pinion gear is the one attached to the motor shaft.

Installing a larger tire effectively gears the car taller, which means a higher top speed. But it also means more stress on the motor in the form of heat. Heat is bad.

Installing a smaller pinion at the same time can counteract the effect.
Thanks, I’ll look into what I need to gear down to.
Ive always assumed bigger tires resulted in natural higher speeds but I read something the other day that was saying taller tire are bigger, more friction and weigh more it actually results in slower speeds

any extra info is helpful thanks

Thanks, I’ll look into what I need to gear down to.
Ive always assumed bigger tires resulted in natural higher speeds but I read something the other day that was saying taller tire are bigger, more friction and weigh more it actually results in slower speeds

any extra info is helpful thanks
Depends on the tire and what your trying to do. If your running through grass, a larger diameter tire doesn't cause the truck to work as hard as a smaller ID tire to roll through it. It also raises the chassis so it drags on the grass less.

I found that out when running 2.8" tires on my stampede vs some low profile 3.8" tires on it. The larger tires/wheels came with many other issues, but it moved through grass with a lot less effort and would actually coast through better when I let off the throttle. I liked how it did so much better that I couldn't even stand running the old 2.8 tires on it again. lol!

If your doing top speed runs on pavement... then I don't know about that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back