Mojave Mojave Updated Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
Thought this might be of interest to Mojave owners - I have a brand new Mojave EXB running a Max6 1650kv combo on 6s. Done two lots of packs through it with no issues to date.

I bought a full set of the red wheels/tires as spares, as there were no EXB grey ones in stock. The red ones came in stock on 4th March and were all sold out by 5th March, so I was lucky to get some.

When comparing my newly purchased wheels to my existing EXB ones I can confirm that the inner hexes of the new wheels are around twice the thickness of the EXB.

This surprised me, as I would have assumed that the EXB would be fitted with beefed-up updated versions 🤔

Anyway, thought I'd post up some comparison photos so you can see for yourselves.

Any thoughts or discussion on this would be welcome:

Wow. Good observation. 👍 👍 :cool:
A completely new mold.👍
No wonder they sold out so fast.:LOL:

Looks like a better wheel - but I'm not sure your theory is right. If they got a new mold, then it's only a matter of time before the gunmetal wheels also share the same wheel design. They probably just changed over the mold and resumed the production run of whatever color they were running at the time without regard to "EXB wheels should get the new beefed up design first."

I thought they'd already addressed this though, and done a previous update, so surely the EXB would have that update. Hasn't the EXB only been out for 3-4 months?

This came on my V1 Mojo.:( But No problems yet.:unsure:

20210308_150827.jpg

I thought they'd already addressed this though, and done a previous update, so surely the EXB would have that update. Hasn't the EXB only been out for 3-4 months?
Out for Way more than 3 months....i could be wrong???

Last edited:

I thought the updates were to address the hubs and not the wheels themselves - but please let me know if I'm wrong and if updates were also made to the wheels:

hubs.jpg

The V2 Mojave wheels (at least on Arrma's gigasite) still look like the old design:

wheels.jpg

so these new wheels seems quite recent.

Those wheels look like they will be more rigid with all the extra support they've added. Doe's that mean more stress on the tires if the rims don't flex as much? I like the beefed up design.

This is interesting. I stripped out a grey wheel (final pic) and purchased a set of reds and a set of greens as you can't get greys in the UK atm. Confirming (with measurements) this is true for UK stock.

20210308_203427.jpg
20210308_203603.jpg
20210308_203637.jpg
20210308_203645.jpg
20210308_203449.jpg

Hi Grimbles, when did you purchase those red and green wheels, I'm guessing this is a recent update by all accounts?

Hey guys, any updates on these new wheels for the EXB grey version?
I cant find this info in any of the local hobby stores, if its new or older one. So afraid to order it and get the old wheel.

Thank you.

Hey guys, any updates on these new wheels for the EXB grey version?
I cant find this info in any of the local hobby stores, if its new or older one. So afraid to order it and get the old wheel.

Thank you.
Don't know tbf. My comments above are relevant for UK!

Saw your posts.
Haven't asked you directly, but I asked for the EXB wheels.
So, ANYONE got some updates, are there improved wheels for the EXB version yet, please?

Saw your posts.
Haven't asked you directly, but I asked for the EXB wheels.
So, ANYONE got some updates, are there improved wheels for the EXB version yet, please?
No such thing as exclusive EXB wheels for the Mojave. Check the Mojave parts on their website for yourself.. Uses the standard Fortress wheel. The molding was just upgraded due to stripping of the hexes. Surely what you want. Mojo wheels are fairly expensive considering their smallish size. Only pay for the upgraded Revised ones.
I am sure many buyers "not in the know" have no clue and wouldn't care?:unsure: But we know better.:LOL:
I doubt there are any old Mojo wheels floating around now. If you get them locally, you could see first hand before buying them. Order online and just be prepared to send them back unopened. Just check the return policy. Type you get is Clearly visible through the plastic bag, if they are the old molding design.
Just send them back if they were new older style stock inventory. All you can do at this point if you are apprehensive. What I would do if in your shoes. I also have a Mojo.

I told the sales person when I bought my kraton online that if it doesn't have the upgraded/new diffs then I'll send it back. I told him to not sell me any "old stock".

^^^ Don't blame you. Being up front and all.
Sometimes they don't even know how old their inventory really is. It just ends up on their shelf to be sold.
Some vendors won't even tell that it has been sitting around for the better part of 8 months on their shelf.. New Old'ish stock.:)
Arrma used to put the matching serial number sticker on the outside of the box. Matching # is on the chassis inside the box.
You can usually tell what month and year it was made. Looking closely. If it's any help.:)

^^^ Don't blame you. Being up front and all.
Sometimes they don't even know how old their inventory really is. It just ends up on their shelf to be sold.
Some vendors won't even tell that it has been sitting around for the better part of 8 months on their shelf.. New Old'ish stock.:)
Arrma used to put the matching serial number sticker on the outside of the box. Matching # is on the chassis inside the box.
You can usually tell what month and year it was made. Looking closely. If it's any help.:)
Yea the little research I did about the kraton showed that it had diff issues but the new batch was ok. The sales guy was cool and knew exactly what I was talking about and told me that the last one of the old batch they had sold the month before.
Thought this might be of interest to Mojave owners - I have a brand new Mojave EXB running a Max6 1650kv combo on 6s. Done two lots of packs through it with no issues to date.

I bought a full set of the red wheels/tires as spares, as there were no EXB grey ones in stock. The red ones came in stock on 4th March and were all sold out by 5th March, so I was lucky to get some.

When comparing my newly purchased wheels to my existing EXB ones I can confirm that the inner hexes of the new wheels are around twice the thickness of the EXB.

This surprised me, as I would have assumed that the EXB would be fitted with beefed-up updated versions 🤔

Anyway, thought I'd post up some comparison photos so you can see for yourselves.

Any thoughts or discussion on this would be welcome:

hungry bird GIF

Impressive that you caught that!!!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back