Mojave Mojave V2 6s battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EyeDeal

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just ordered the above and wondering if this battery is compatible with it:

SUNPADOW 6S Lipo Battery 60C 22.2V 5100mAh with XT90 Plug​

Thx everyone!
Hi guys,

Just ordered the above and wondering if this battery is compatible with it:

SUNPADOW 6S Lipo Battery 60C 22.2V 5100mAh with XT90 Plug​

Thx everyone!
Would I be better with one that is 100c?

What connector is on your ESC? If it's as it is from the factory, the plug is an IC5 and you would need to find a battery that has either IC5 or EC5 plugs.

C ratings are often exaggerated - I'll leave it at that.
Thanks, much appreciated

Any recommendations?

^ This.
FYI: The stock esc is a 150amps one, the mighty Max6 esc is a 160 amps one.. If the specs of that Sundapow lipo would be correct, it could do 5100mah x 60C= 306amps,;)
Since C ratings are (almost always) overstated and also differ per brand, get the highest C rating your budget allows for the lipo brand you want. Look at mah as how big the fuel tank is (more mah -> longer runtime) and C as the thickness of the fuel line (higher C -> capable of more fuel delivery -> more 'punch').

None specifically from me. I don't do anything "hardcore" so generic batteries from Amazon like Zeee, Hoovoo, Youme, etc. work fine for me. I also have a few CNHL batteries from their various sales.
Thanks again!

How about these:

Youme 6S Lipo Battery,22.2V 4500mAh Lipo Battery 60C with EC5 and XT90 Plug​

Wait, didn’t the V2 have XT90’s? That battery might be just what he needs. And I do totally understand the argument for better connectors but I have two rigs that run 6s exclusively on XT90’s and I’ve never even seen them get warm, nor experienced any problems at all.
What connector is on your ESC? If it's as it is from the factory, the plug is an IC5 and you would need to find a battery that has either IC5 or EC5 plugs.

Wait, didn’t the V2 have XT90’s? That battery might be just what he needs. And I do totally understand the argument for better connectors but I have two rigs that run 6s exclusively on XT90’s and I’ve never even seen them get warm, nor experienced any problems at all.

I think the reference is to the Mojave V2 and not the general "V2" nomenclature of the Arrma 6s line. The V2 Mojave is the current release with Spektrum electronics. But if I'm mistaken, please let me know.

I think the reference is to the Mojave V2 and not the general "V2" nomenclature of the Arrma 6s line. The V2 Mojave is the current release with Spektrum electronics. But if I'm mistaken, please let me know.
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying that. You are right as rain.

Mojave V2 has the IC5 connector from the factory.....

Avoid adapters when you can.....

C ratings are - ........,..

Almost never accurate.....but the higher, usually the better.....

Looks like you are going for budget minded batteries....they should be fine......

If you desire more after a few runs, increase the punch setting on the esc by one or 2.....

And/or increase the center diff fluid to a higher viscosity....( Will put more power to the ground)

Thx everyone for all your help, can't believe how helpful the community is! I haven't run an rc since a hornet in the late 80's and was feeling out of touch and you guys have really helped! 👍

Looks like you are going for budget minded batteries....they should be fine......

If you desire more after a few runs, increase the punch setting on the esc by one or 2.....

And/or increase the center diff fluid to a higher viscosity....( Will put more power to the ground)
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why avoid the adapters?
I'm really struggling to find something that isn't painfully expensive without them!

OK, my budget-mindedness might be about to go out the window!

I've been lead to believe that the smart batteries/charger setup is safer, longer lasting and better in the long run. As a result, I'm looking at this:

https://toylocker.co.uk/products/sp...MI3tDQoLbn9wIVlZftCh0ePwEEEAQYAyABEgLFMfD_BwE

One last question (I promise!)
How on earth do I make sure these will fit before I buy them? Obviously, I don't have the car yet and I'm really struggling to find a battery compartment size description anywhere.
Sorry for the essay and thanks for your time and help 👍

There is no such thing as dumb questions..... ;)

@Rob66 is correct about the adapters....I have used them on my crawler BECAUSE OF THE LOW CURRENT DRAW (as in 2S) However, when the current increases, the risk of having reduced current flow (the choke point he mentioned) , meltdown, and worse, increases. Avoid them if you can....

As far as chargers/ batteries...... oh boy......:oops:

Only you can decide that..... I suggest searching in the search box on this forum for "Recommend a charger" and "recommend a LiPo battery".... and prepare to be confused and amazed by the vast number of chargers and batteries available. From cheap junk to crazy expensive, and gadzooks of stuff in between. And cheap junk is NOT good - especially with chargers

I will share my OPINION..... (But first, I will not bash someone for buying Smart stuff.....) @Senton_Prime is a big fan of it....and I just about went that route.......

For me..... I do not feel I need it, nor am I willing to pay the extra $$ for it, or be obligated to stay in that product line to have all the features work. If that is something you are willing to do, thats up to you....I will not fault you if you did, or did not

Opinion.... Do NOT skimp on a decent charger.... $50 and up - needs to have storage charge feature..... (again....search 'recommend a charger')

Batteries..... oh my..... since I did not stay in the Spectrum genre, I have freedom of choice. I have chosen lower $ batteries that seem to do ok. Zeee, HRB and CHNL have all shown IN MY CASE that they can hold their own. I stayed with the IC5 connection from the factory until I got into 8S..... I gave myself a crash course in soldering at that time ...... but that is another story......

How do we know if they fit? The tray is : 158 X 48 X 70 mm - or - 6.22 X 1.89 X 2.76 inches (I just Googled it to find out, btw)

Try to get the size of the battery, and go from there.

I love my Mojave.... I bought the Senton 1st, quickly followed by the Mojave (my wife inherited the Senton) The Senton is great, but the Mojave is just .......the next level. You will love it. don't get too overwhelmed.... there is a lot of variety of what you can buy.....just depends on what you want, what you can live without, and how deep your pockets are.

Any more questions, please ask.... there are lots of folks on here that know a lot more than I ever will.....

Last edited:
Also be aware of the wire gauge on adapters, which are often smaller (higher gauge) than on the LiPos.

It's also worth learning how to solder and buying some decent equipment. It's a good tool to have and a good skill to learn as it will allow you to change out connectors easily as well as solder connectors onto aftermarket ESCs, motors, etc. and fix broken electrical connections without having to pay someone (a hobby shop) to do it.

I asked about these battery's in another thread as I too thought they were a good deal on amazon (sunpadow).

They're 51mm on the shortest side iirc. My battery tray measures 48mm so it put me off. I ended up with a couple gnb 100c 6s bricks and they have been great so far.

Imo you can't go wrong with the cnhl combo deals. When they're in stock.

There is no such thing as dumb questions..... ;)

@Rob66 is correct about the adapters....I have used them on my crawler BECAUSE OF THE LOW CURRENT DRAW (as in 2S) However, when the current increases, the risk of having reduced current flow (the choke point he mentioned) , meltdown, and worse, increases. Avoid them if you can....

As far as chargers/ batteries...... oh boy......:oops:

Only you can decide that..... I suggest searching in the search box on this forum for "Recommend a charger" and "recommend a LiPo battery".... and prepare to be confused and amazed by the vast number of chargers and batteries available. From cheap junk to crazy expensive, and gadzooks of stuff in between. And cheap junk is NOT good - especially with chargers

I will share my OPINION..... (But first, I will not bash someone for buying Smart stuff.....) @Senton_Prime is a big fan of it....and I just about went that route.......

For me..... I do not feel I need it, nor am I willing to pay the extra $$ for it, or be obligated to stay in that product line to have all the features work. If that is something you are willing to do, thats up to you....I will not fault you if you did, or did not

Opinion.... Do NOT skimp on a decent charger.... $50 and up - needs to have storage charge feature..... (again....search 'recommend a charger')

Batteries..... oh my..... since I did not stay in the Spectrum genre, I have freedom of choice. I have chosen lower $ batteries that seem to do ok. Zeee, HRB and CHNL have all shown IN MY CASE that they can hold their own. I stayed with the IC5 connection from the factory until I got into 8S..... I gave myself a crash course in soldering at that time ...... but that is another story......

How do we know if they fit? The tray is : 158 X 48 X 70 mm - or - 6.22 X 1.89 X 2.76 inches (I just Googled it to find out, btw)

Try to get the size of the battery, and go from there.

I love my Mojave.... I bought the Senton 1st, quickly followed by the Mojave (my wife inherited the Senton) The Senton is great, but the Mojave is just .......the next level. You will love it. don't get too overwhelmed.... there is a lot of variety of what you can buy.....just depends on what you want, what you can live without, and how deep your pockets are.

Any more questions, please ask.... there are lots of folks on here that know a lot more than I ever will.....
Honestly mate, seriously, I'm so touched that you took soooo much time and effort in responding to me and trying to help me... you're a legend, as we say here in the UK!

As I'm a noob, but understand the pitfalls of lipo+idiot, I have gone for the spektrum setup. I think it will help me make the right choices when it come to storage/discharge etc especially whilst I'm still learning.

I'll be running this mojave a lot on mud or sand (the rural UK rarely offers the luxury of bmx tracks or purpose built rc environments) so I'm concerned about keeping the insides clean. I'm considering the scorch mud guard setup. So, 2 questions:

1) have you used them, and if yes are they good?

2) Am I right to be concerned about motor/esc cooling issues if I use them? Do I need a fan etc

Once again, thanks a ton. Its really appreciated 👍

Honestly mate, seriously, I'm so touched that you took soooo much time and effort in responding to me and trying to help me... you're a legend, as we say here in the UK!

As I'm a noob, but understand the pitfalls of lipo+idiot, I have gone for the spektrum setup. I think it will help me make the right choices when it come to storage/discharge etc especially whilst I'm still learning.

I'll be running this mojave a lot on mud or sand (the rural UK rarely offers the luxury of bmx tracks or purpose built rc environments) so I'm concerned about keeping the insides clean. I'm considering the scorch mud guard setup. So, 2 questions:

1) have you used them, and if yes are they good?

2) Am I right to be concerned about motor/esc cooling issues if I use them? Do I need a fan etc

Once again, thanks a ton. Its really appreciated 👍
Yes, I have the scorched fenders…….I would recommend them to the extent I feel Arrma should make them standard equipment….they make a huge difference…… they do an extremely good job of keeping debris out of the chassis.…..not 100%, but a huge difference

I looked into potential heat issues with the fenders….. I have not had any problems… BUT

I use stock gearing, whereas more aggressive gearing wo create more heat. I usually do not run more than a couple of batteries through it at a time, and if it’s more than 90° outside Fahrenheit, you won’t find me out running RC cars…. So, while I haven’t experienced heat problems….. I am not saying someone who goes out on a hot day and runs battery after battery after battery after battery after battery wouldn’t possibly have some heat problems, especially if it has more aggressive gearing, etc.

that being said, I did purchase a fan to put on the motor, and I regret what I bought. It’s still on the motor, it’s the Arrma brand fan for that motor. There are definitely better fans out there if you choose to buy one, and they may even cost less

The only way to really know his to get a temperature gun and find out what temperature the speed control and motor is after your run it really really heavy for a good while. I would definitely try to keep it below 170, 160 Fahrenheit is better. An old rule of them that I have heard is, that if you grab a hold of the motor and you can keep your hand on it, it’s too hot.

just have fun is the big thing

all of us were new at this at some point in time. For me, it wasn’t that long ago. There are many many helpful people on this forum, you’re the right place for asking questions. A part of me thinks the charger and batteries from spectrum are pretty cool…..I hope they work for well for you, and it appears to me they are designed to try to take the guesswork out of concerns over battery charging and storage.

I have never been called a legend before…..😎

Regards…..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back