Mojave Mojave V2 6s battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have the scorched fenders…….I would recommend them to the extent I feel Arrma should make them standard equipment….they make a huge difference…… they do an extremely good job of keeping debris out of the chassis.…..not 100%, but a huge difference

I looked into potential heat issues with the fenders….. I have not had any problems… BUT

I use stock gearing, whereas more aggressive gearing wo create more heat. I usually do not run more than a couple of batteries through it at a time, and if it’s more than 90° outside Fahrenheit, you won’t find me out running RC cars…. So, while I haven’t experienced heat problems….. I am not saying someone who goes out on a hot day and runs battery after battery after battery after battery after battery wouldn’t possibly have some heat problems, especially if it has more aggressive gearing, etc.

that being said, I did purchase a fan to put on the motor, and I regret what I bought. It’s still on the motor, it’s the Arrma brand fan for that motor. There are definitely better fans out there if you choose to buy one, and they may even cost less

The only way to really know his to get a temperature gun and find out what temperature the speed control and motor is after your run it really really heavy for a good while. I would definitely try to keep it below 170, 160 Fahrenheit is better. An old rule of them that I have heard is, that if you grab a hold of the motor and you can keep your hand on it, it’s too hot.

just have fun is the big thing

all of us were new at this at some point in time. For me, it wasn’t that long ago. There are many many helpful people on this forum, you’re the right place for asking questions. A part of me thinks the charger and batteries from spectrum are pretty cool…..I hope they work for well for you, and it appears to me they are designed to try to take the guesswork out of concerns over battery charging and storage.

I have never been called a legend before…..😎

Regards…..
Well, you've been called a legend now 😇
I've ordered the scorch guards - thx again 👍

Which fan would you have bought in hindsight?

Thanks again!

How about these:

Youme 6S Lipo Battery,22.2V 4500mAh Lipo Battery 60C with EC5 and XT90 Plug​

I prefer 5k mah as a minimum. Most of my packs are between 5k and 7k mah. Higher capacity than these make the lipos just too heavy IMHO. None lower than 60c. 100c has always been my target when comparing within a brands lineup. Not from brand to brand. Every brand rates their C ratings independently of other brands. Much is false. Never attaining actual C ratings. C ratings are Dark figures flubbed for competitive marketing purposes. There is no set rule for lipo mfrs in this regard.
The best lipos that cost more $$, use premium Grade A matched cells. They will last the longest and perform more consistently with use.
This may or may not be relative to price. Lipos can be a mixed bag for some of us.
Hard for me to recommend one over the other.
I have like 20 Lipos here. All differing brands, shapes and sizes Expensive ones, cheap ones etc.
I will say the my oldest are Gens of Ace for what its worth. The IR's test well considering they are among my oldest ones.
Yoowoo and HRB along with CNHL seem to be popular currently. Have them also.
I would shop for the correct size and fit. Regardless of its connector and just solder on the matching appropriate ESC connector.
Opens up more lipo choices.
Stay away from The Spektrum Smart lipos and Smart ECO thing. They are NOT a thing.
:cool:

Remember that the "care and feeding" of your lipos is what matters most. You could have the best, most expensive Lipo out there and user error will trash it in a heartbeat. :cool:

Last edited:
Well, you've been called a legend now 😇
I've ordered the scorch guards - thx again 👍

Which fan would you have bought in hindsight?
Guess I haven't thought about that...... I guess I would search Mojave fan in the search option on the forum and see what you can find. You will probably find a fan that does a lot better than what I bought for same cost or maybe even less.

Btw, when @SrC speaks, I listen......he has been around RC for a long......long time .....

With time, you may form a group of people that you turn to for advice. I know I have. Certain people I turn to for certain issues because they have been there and done that so many times. He is one of them. Of course, they don't have to be around as long as he has to learn something from them. I learned stuff from people who are just starting...... so, we are all in this together.

Let's ask some guys who are a lot more familiar with the 4074 motor for their suggestions for a.good fan....

@jondilly1974
@JuanOrez
@jkflow
@3d-rc.myshopify.com
@Armarookie43

My go to list is in no way limited to these guys, but if these guys can't come up with a good answer for you, I don't know who in the world could......they have all been helpful big time for me, as have many others.

Also, do yourself a favor and and introduce yourself under member introductions.....

If you want.....lots of friendly folks will say hi

Last edited:
Also be aware of the wire gauge on adapters, which are often smaller (higher gauge) than on the LiPos.

It's also worth learning how to solder and buying some decent equipment. It's a good tool to have and a good skill to learn as it will allow you to change out connectors easily as well as solder connectors onto aftermarket ESCs, motors, etc. and fix broken electrical connections without having to pay someone (a hobby shop) to do it.
I agree, those leads are more intended for charging than actually running.
Yihua makes some decent soldering stations for dirt cheap, I'm seeing a 939D on Amazon for $55. I have a Yihua 937D+ and a Hakko FX-888D, the Yihua is the one that I use most, even though the Hako is the more expensive "better" soldering station....... it's just much easier to turn a dial to set your soldering temps than using Hakkos ridiculous "presets" system.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back