Mojave Mojave won’t start after 1st run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ximou

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I had a first run with my brand new mojave v2.
It runs perfectly but went very muddy so i had to wash it with water.
I was careful cause i kwow that’s not the best way to clean.
Then i dry it.
Yesterday i try to run it but nothing happened when i push the power button... nothing !
I looked the power button, the esc, everything seams to be at it’s place.
Do you have any idea ?
I changed battery 6s, fully charged and nothing changed.
How can i know if the esc is down ?
Thanks for your help !

BC0CCADA-0272-4094-BD89-797CB3B951B3.jpeg

8862A4E8-CEC1-4F6D-9C0E-C80662836206.jpeg

First of do you get a spark when you first of plug the esc? Does the Baterry outputs voltage? Does the esc smells like burned electronics? Try removing the esc from the reveiver and see if it powers on. Maybe its shorted. Those radio boxes arent really waterproof(we can thx the T brand for that) the box is sealed on top but where the wires go trought isnt its a piece of foam🙁.
I doubt your esc is dead to be honest if it is your hobbyshop or horizonhobby will warranty the esc thats what the 2 ur warranty stands for u less your live in the uk thats more complicated.

imo the worst thing you can do is raise your rc withwater. Not only it will your bearings and cause rust. But i can also maybe ruin your esc in some cases. Salt and water and electronics don't mix well. Stay out of moisture or go trough deep poodles. Thats my advice. Who wants a dirty drug who you don't want to touch at all when you change lipos or when its time to bring it home. Nobody

Take the ESC out of the car and put it somewhere warm for a few days. I have had ESC's (including older Spektrum) that die when wet, but after I dry them out for a few days, they will be fine again. I would put my ESc under a reading lamp with a incandescent light shining on it (~6 in / 150mm away) to gently heat it up.

First of do you get a spark when you first of plug the esc? Does the Baterry outputs voltage? Does the esc smells like burned electronics? Try removing the esc from the reveiver and see if it powers on. Maybe its shorted. Those radio boxes arent really waterproof(we can thx the T brand for that) the box is sealed on top but where the wires go trought isnt its a piece of foam🙁.
I doubt your esc is dead to be honest if it is your hobbyshop or horizonhobby will warranty the esc thats what the 2 ur warranty stands for u less your live in the uk thats more complicated.

imo the worst thing you can do is raise your rc withwater. Not only it will your bearings and cause rust. But i can also maybe ruin your esc in some cases. Salt and water and electronics don't mix well. Stay out of moisture or go trough deep poodles. Thats my advice. Who wants a dirty drug who you don't want to touch at all when you change lipos or when its time to bring it home. Nobody
So i checked :
There is a spark when i plug the battery to the esc.
The esc doesn't smell burned.
I tried to remove the esc from the receiver and the servo, then plug the battery to the esc. Nothing happened. There is no light on the esc. Does it mean that the esc is dead ?
Thanks again for you help ;)

Un
So i checked :
There is a spark when i plug the battery to the esc.
The esc doesn't smell burned.
I tried to remove the esc from the receiver and the servo, then plug the battery to the esc. Nothing happened. There is no light on the esc. Does it mean that the esc is dead ?
Thanks again for you help ;)
unplug the fan. Looks to me like a button issue if you get spark. But email horizon or call them for warranty
Ik how to fix the blx 185/120/100 buttons but not yet the firma escs buttons. don't attemp to do anything until you get a remplacement in the way

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back