BLX Mongoose’s Mega To BLX Build

Mongoose

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, 4x4-Mega
Ok, so I figured out what the deal was and how my spur was binding with the pinion. As I stated earlier, the slipper assembly floats front to back within the bearings and I think this caused an interference with the pinion in the area I am pointing to in this pic.

The gear root is below the shoulder and due to the position I had my pinion set on the motor shaft (wasn’t centered), the spur would shift to the back of the truck and bind in this area when going in reverse makin the noise I was hearing and chamfering the spur teeth.

So, to fix this to the best of my ability at the time, I just centered the pinion on the motor shaft. Hopefully, it will be enough even when the slipper shifts.

I still want to shim the bearing to prevent the slipper from shifting.

Last edited:

Mongoose

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, 4x4-Mega
They should work in theory but I don't have to make sure. The redcat hexes are also +10mm extensions. Anyway, you could always just use them with the BRCC axles if they don't fit the Typhon axles.
Ok. We will see how it goes. Thanks for your quick reply!

Mongoose

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, 4x4-Mega
Since I had this apart to fix that issue, I decided to mount the motor differently to reorient the motor cables because I think this is better than the way I had it before. Also, I ran the temp wire through the heat shrink tubing to keep it all nice and tidy.

Also, put some tape over the opening of the transmission housing.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Mongoose

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton, 4x4-Mega
So I put the Tekno rod ends and perch on the Hobao shocks hoping to get a little less preload to even the front and back out but it didn’t help enough.

So, I just ordered a set of Talion shocks from Jenny’s with the plan of putting the Tekno springs on those. I like the way the springs feel right now so I’m thinking they will feel even better on the Talion shocks.

Gonna be selling the Hobaos....

F448A815-706A-40A7-954B-6A0C95715D03.jpeg369B37F5-217A-4BD5-AB0A-47E55865B2E8.jpeg