Granite Monkey metal or lack of knowledge?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrma strong

Reaction score
I replaced my slipper clutch with an eliminator, and it seems like it stripping very quickly. You know how the teeth on the sper gear will get sharp and start to favor a side before they break. Am I messing my mesh up, or did I buy a poor quality gear? Thanks for your help..👀📝

Let's see it
Here it is

IMG_20230320_131033776_HDR.jpg

Put it in the module to check your mesh with the motor pinion!
Here ya go, whatcha think? I can move my sper gear. It's not putting pressure on my pinion..idk thank you for your help tho.

IMG_20230321_125727979.jpg

Here ya go, whatcha think? I can move my sper gear. It's not putting pressure on my pinion..idk thank you for your help tho.

IMG_20230321_125727979.jpg
Sry wrong mesh..lol give me a second and I'll get the right one..
Put it in the module to check your mesh with the motor pinion!
This is the right one, look at all the metal shavings.

Attachments

• IMG_20230321_130316659_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20230321_130316659_BURST001.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
If you are using an eliminator for anything other than speed running, and maybe some limited cases of street-only driving, then the issue is the eliminator.

You can try to get really high quality steel gears, and that will somewhat mitigate the issue, but the issue will still be there if you are doing any sort of bashing with an eliminator.

If you are using an eliminator for anything other than speed running, and maybe some limited cases of street-only driving, then the issue is the eliminator.

You can try to get really high quality steel gears, and that will somewhat mitigate the issue, but the issue will still be there if you are doing any sort of bashing with an eliminator.
Just Street runs, I had to order a new slipper. Stripped the threads out of the plastic nut..

Way too tight.. and she sure is filthy, I'd open it more often and spit shine it as much as you can, I see a few factors that would play into the problem.. no bueno!! 🤣

Could be that it's too tight. In order to check mesh reliably, you have to snap the power module case shut and rock the spur back and forth slightly. You should be able to hear the slight "tick" of the gears as you lightly rock the spur. You want the gears as close as possible while still hearing a slight tick.

If everything else checks out (motor plate isn't bent, motor bearings is going out, slipper bearings are going out) then i would just keep running the gears until they break. They don't look too terrible, and they'll likely last a while longer. Just my two cents.

Could be that it's too tight. In order to check mesh reliably, you have to snap the power module case shut and rock the spur back and forth slightly. You should be able to hear the slight "tick" of the gears as you lightly rock the spur. You want the gears as close as possible while still hearing a slight tick.

If everything else checks out (motor plate isn't bent, motor bearings is going out, slipper bearings are going out) then i would just keep running the gears until they break. They don't look too terrible, and they'll likely last a while longer. Just my two cents.
Adding to this ^

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/how-to-easily-set-gear-mesh-on-the-3s-and-4s-models.43201/

1679432945153.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back