Big Rock "MONSTER" Big Rock v3 Poland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Arrma Family!

I want to introduce my Arrma Big Rock.

It's my first RC car ever (excluding cheap toys with 0/1 steering) - when searching for the specific model to buy, I have walked this path:
1. Maverick Quantum+ Flux [inexpensive(+), good looking(+) but a bit fragile(-) I gave up on it seeing a lot of YT videos with destroyed trucks after few minutes of run]
2. Traxxas Hoss [2x price of Maverick, much better durability(+), TSM(+) but not impressive in jumping/flips (-)]
3. Arrma Granite [1,33x price of Maverick, durability at Traxxas level if not better(+), better jumping/flips performance(+)]
4. Arrma Big Rock [same price as Granite, ~same durability (+), better handling (+), jumping/flips performance worse than Granite, but better than Hoss]

So ended up with Big Rock v3 as a first RC to learn driving, make mistakes, giving a hard time to the truck.
I believe there are not much of better choices, if any...
(and not only myself but also my 8yo son will be driving this monster)

What I added to stock truck is:
1. replace wheels (already in LHS) for Granite's dBoots Fortress MT
2. rear wing from Typhon 3s
3. front bumper from Granite
4. roof protection (Traxxas 8917)
5. hood protection (ARA480017)
6. body stickers
7. additional LOUISE UPHILL MT wheels (for learning to drive on tarmac and not destroy Granite wheels)

"Service zero" I did so far:
1. slipper clutch adjustment
2. radio calibration and servo end points adjustment
3. anti-corrosion grease into applicable locations
4. bought spare servo + 25t servo saver in case stock servo will become dead (as many of you experienced)

I think it's now ready, or have I forgotten something important before first run?

Pictures before first run:

View attachment 145026

View attachment 145027
Brand new to rc and will own a pair of these trucks tomorrow for me and my son to bash with. Really curious about this typhon wing. Watched a couple videos that say they couldn’t fit it. What’s the trick here to get it mounted? Just looks so good!

All you need to fit Typhon wing is two simple cuts in Big Rock chassis...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

All you need to fit Typhon wing is two simple cuts in Big Rock chassis...

View attachment 238767

View attachment 238768

View attachment 238769
Excellent, thanks for this! Both the videos I saw had to cut the body to get over the mount, but they couldn’t fit the wing for whatever reason. One guy said the screws on the typhon wing were further forward than whatever wing he ended up fitting.

Just to be sure, you’ve got the typhon wing and typhon wing mount and only had to make that mod to the body to fit? No shaving of the wing or anything? Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back