Kraton Monster Mojave/Fireteam-Kraton XL build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Building a tank! I got the chassis less the 24 hours ago and the rest of the M2C parts this morning... Pretty good progress I'd say. 🤔

20220226_141407.jpg

20220226_141346.jpg

Last edited:
So mounting this body correctly is a huge pain in the ass. It's so dam wide. I tried 3.8 trenchers. Still will need to trim the body. I have Just Bash It 20mm hub extenders on order. Once they come in I will get it all dialed in. I was really hoping to use the larger tires but I'd have to cut the hell out of the body and worry that it will compromise the integrity too much.

It is getting there! I am waiting on some stuff that will be in this week. Also, this is with extensions on the mounting brackets that I haven't committed to yet. I will probably need to trim the body and I am going to dry wall tape it. I have to get into the MMX's settings and mess around a bit & then go bashing! 😎

20220306_185945.jpg

Ok, so the spending never seems to end! I decided that with everything I have into this build I couldn't be rocking a $27 steering servo so I picked up a Reefs triple 4. I also got Mojave side guards because I don't like the expensive motor and ESC exposed the way it is. I also ordered the JBI 20mm hub extenders which should FINALLY be in today (4 days late in the mail) which is the final thing I need to complete it. Then I just have a bunch of wrenching, trimming, drywall taping and some other BS to do and I should be ready to give it a go! This have been a very long and expensive build. Hope it was all worth it! 😓

Quite the Beast 💪...

But I think you just wanted some bling so had to have the reefs 😜

After all as your using of the dumbo RC proves... Cheap and decent, is still Decent!! Hope it is what you were hoping for, once you get yo bash it 👌

But if it isn't you have enough quality parts to make small direction changes to dial in exactly what you do want.. A lot of investment, but a lot of car/truck in return 👍👍

Almost there!!! So Much Work! I love it and happily I have 85% of everything I want to do to it done. Some things like front & center aluminum diff housings, aluminum hubs, M2C front and rear block kits, blatterless shock system, drive shafts and input/output cups are in the future. Also, I'm still waiting for my Arrma 29mm aluminum diff housing that is on back order. 🙄 But I'm DONE for a while! I have to wait for the stupid center roll cage brace that I ordered a week ago before I can run it or the body will split badly on the first roof landing. A $6 part is now the only thing holding it back from its first run! 😫

20220319_194116.jpg

20220319_195734.jpg

Last edited:
Finally done (for now) with this build. WAAAY over budget! 🤣
I drove it a little bit on concrete. I still need to dial it in a bit. Also, I rebuilt the rear diff with a chipped gear knowing it won't last long. It's already pretty loud. I have the new gears but I ordered the Arrma 29mm aluminum diff case over a month ago hoping to rebuild it with that. They are on backorder which really sucks. Not sure how they can make something and then not keep up with it. Bad business imo! Now I'll have to get a HR or Vitavon one because I don't want to rebuild it with the stock case.

20220401_150415.jpg

20220401_150535.jpg

20220401_150543.jpg

20220401_150555.jpg

20220401_150449.jpg

More parts bought and ordered. Not much left to replace on this bad boy after this. Once the M2C stuff shows up I'll have some building to do. Can't wait to finish it up and bash like crazy!

20220517_200640.jpg

Screenshot_20220517-232659_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220517-232610_Chrome.jpg

Got some goodies today but M2C shorted me one set of the hinge pins. Honest mistake I'm sure. Can't wait to get wrenching! I have so much work to do. 😬

20220524_164654.jpg

The (semi) complete list of items since the beginning of the build in late November of last year:
Arrma Kraton 6s EXB
M2C chassis
M2C Front and rear chassis braces
M2C Rear shock tower brace
M2C Front and rear shock towers
M2C Blatterless shock caps
M2C deltron shock bushings
M2C Front and rear tool steel hinge pins
Hot Racing Front and rear diff cases
Hot Racing rear tower to tower support
Hot Racing front steering brace
Hot Racing Left and right front hub housings
Hot racing front and rear lower pin supports (front and back)
Hot Racing steering servo mount
Hot Racing fixed servo arm
PPS Motor mount and center diff housing
Arrma Mojave rear drive shaft
Arrma aluminum diff cases (all 3 diffs)
Fast Eddie's sealed bearings kit
Stainless steel hardware kit
RPM bumper on rear (Upgraded to Tbone)
JBI 20mm hub extenders
Proline 3.8" tires
Reef's 555 servo
Castle Creations Mamba Monster X 8s ESC
Castle Creations 1717 1650kv Motor
Arrma Mojave EXB body
Arrma Mojave body mounts
T-Bone Racing front and rear bumpers
Dumborc X6 transmitter and radio
2 Gens A 3s 6800 120c Basher Packs
Hitec X2 AC Plus Black Addition charger

Last edited:
Now use all the take offs to build a stock car and sell it to recoup your money 😆 😂
Looks great
Almost tbh! 🤣
There is actually a lot of little stuff that you don't think of. I'd still need all of the drive shafts, arms, output cups, axles, diff gears, steering assembly, tie rods, tie rod ends, pillow balls, shocks, shock mounts, bumpers, wing mount, battery tray and straps, esc mount, servo mount (old one got damaged when removed) and probably a dozen other things that I can't think of.

Last edited:
Back