Senton Monster senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QQmonzter

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to fit bigger wheels on my senton. I'm thinking about granite wheels or a set of any other 2.8" pro line wheels with 17 hex since I've alredy ordered a hub set that should make it possible (traxxas 5353x part).
The only issue I'm left with is the clearence of the body with bigger wheels. I see people trim the body but I don't want to do that since I want to be able to go back to SC wheels. I was thinking about getting a pro line monster fusion body. My only concern is if it's going to be long and wide enough to fit on a senton. No idea how similar a senton is to a slash in size. Maybe there are any other body options to fit MT wheels on a senton?
Second issue is how much can the stock drivetrain take? It's supposed to be similar to the granite though I'm guessing it doesn't run on a 20T pinion like the senton?

Some have already done the "Monster Senton" conversion:

If you are going to be running MT/Granite wheels/tires, you should gear it the same as the Granite 4x4, with a 15T Pinion to avoid issues.

I'm looking for a way to fit bigger wheels on my senton. I'm thinking about granite wheels or a set of any other 2.8" pro line wheels with 17 hex since I've alredy ordered a hub set that should make it possible (traxxas 5353x part).
The only issue I'm left with is the clearence of the body with bigger wheels. I see people trim the body but I don't want to do that since I want to be able to go back to SC wheels. I was thinking about getting a pro line monster fusion body. My only concern is if it's going to be long and wide enough to fit on a senton. No idea how similar a senton is to a slash in size. Maybe there are any other body options to fit MT wheels on a senton?
Second issue is how much can the stock drivetrain take? It's supposed to be similar to the granite though I'm guessing it doesn't run on a 20T pinion like the senton?
I did the same thing only i got duratrax Mt. they lasted three runs before blowing a hole in one. not to mention it over heated in ten mins. would need a 15 tooth pinion
I did the same thing only i got duratrax Mt. they lasted three runs before blowing a hole in one. not to mention it over heated in ten mins. would need a 15 tooth pinion

Attachments

• DSC_0172.JPG
    DSC_0172.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC_0169.JPG
    DSC_0169.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 106
where did you get those shock posts? I haven't found anything like that for a Senton. Have then been good for adjusting steering and such?

Just make your own custom body mounts if you want bigger tires and you don't want to trim the body. i have heard of people using bic brand pens for higher body mounts. Ginglehopper does custom 3d printing rc parts and hed be more than happy to make you some.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back