Monster Truck Wheels/Tires on Talion V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Synack

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I love the factory wheels and tires on the new Talion for dirt and gravel but I'm looking for a bigger set that will allow for running over larger rocks and thick foliage.

What are my options that I can use for a monster truck bigger wheels and tires that fit the Talion's factory hub/hex/etc.

Pretty much any 17MM zero to 1/2" offset should work. Buddy of mine ran trencher 3.8's on zero offset on his v2 talion. Just have to gear down some as they are larger OD and heavier.

Although, not sure I'd recommend them for high speed 6S running. Fine on my outcast on 4S, but they do stretch quite a bit. So far though, they are by far my favorite tire. I have them on my brushless revo, savage flux hp and outcast. Also have the 2.8's on my stampede 4x4 and ejato. Good traction on most surfaces and enough contact patch to last a long time. Also, the tall sidewall/tread helps absorb landings.

2018-1225-OutcastSide.jpg

Have you tried Proline Shockwaves? They're a wider coush tire but still have a low profile like the Talion needs running short shocks. You want the chassis to bottom out nicely without stressing the shocks or shock bolts/towers. Proline Badlands 3.8's are a good choice too and are a SUPER grippy tire and will shred anything you put them in!

Sorry about that, I forgot the talion ran shorter shafts than it used to.

My outcast chassis does bottom out before the shocks do. His v2 had a mismosh of shocks on it. Not sure what version he had the last time we ran.

i have tried katars, badlands mx3.8 and backflips and the katars are the best so far except they break easy... Im gonna try a set of badlands mx2.8 and im hoping they still perform the same as katars in the air but give me that cushion that i need to absorb impact...

Are there any true monster truck tires and wheels that come with 17mm hexes?

the talion is better with a smaller tire... mx2.8 or backflip..

i have tried katars, badlands mx3.8 and backflips and the katars are the best so far except they break easy... Im gonna try a set of badlands mx2.8 and im hoping they still perform the same as katars in the air but give me that cushion that i need to absorb impact...
On the Talion, the mx28's will balloon mad unless strapped! lol The regular Badlands 3.8's work really well on the Talion. The Backflips are too tall of a tire and are meant for the Kraton and Outcast platform. I've seen guys run them though and they seem to like it but I'd be scared! lol

On the Talion, the mx28's will balloon mad unless strapped! lol The regular Badlands 3.8's work really well on the Talion. The Backflips are too tall of a tire and are meant for the Kraton and Outcast platform. I've seen guys run them though and they seem to like it but I'd be scared! lol

the mx3.8 is a sh!t tire for jumping... I had them on outcast and talion and hated them... That was prob the worst $120 i ever spent... The outcast has recently gone back to the backflips as well as the talion but the backflips are still too big for the talion in my opinion... when i jump it, it just doesn't fly for sh!t... do you jump it big?

the mx3.8 is a sh!t tire for jumping... I had them on outcast and talion and hated them... That was prob the worst $120 i ever spent... The outcast has recently gone back to the backflips as well as the talion but the backflips are still too big for the talion in my opinion... when i jump it, it just doesn't fly for sh!t... do you jump it big?

Yeah I plan on jumping it big but only with the factory wheels and tires. I'm just trying to find a larger set that will make backwoods offroading easier by making the car taller and have more surface area to grip.

Pretty much any 17MM zero to 1/2" offset should work. Buddy of mine ran trencher 3.8's on zero offset on his v2 talion. Just have to gear down some as they are larger OD and heavier.

Although, not sure I'd recommend them for high speed 6S running. Fine on my outcast on 4S, but they do stretch quite a bit. So far though, they are by far my favorite tire. I have them on my brushless revo, savage flux hp and outcast. Also have the 2.8's on my stampede 4x4 and ejato. Good traction on most surfaces and enough contact patch to last a long time. Also, the tall sidewall/tread helps absorb landings.

2018-1225-OutcastSide.jpg
I wonder how the 3.8's would do on a granite 3s 4x4 with hub extenders and gear change

I wonder how the 3.8's would do on a granite 3s 4x4 with hub extenders and gear change
I would bet the weak points in the drive line would bubble to the surface real quick, like the plastic drive axles or even the diffs and input gears.

Try it out and post it up. I mean, what's the worst that could possibly happen? A few bucks down the drain? Can any of us claim it isn't worth that just in fun? I'd do it if I were you... ?

I'm guessing not very well.

This is my stampede with 2.8" trenchers on it, the stampede is a bit longer than the granite I believe:
2018-0407-Stampede-Tmaxx33Tire-28TrenchersMiddle.jpg

2018-0407-Stampede-Tmaxx33Tire-28TrenchersFront.jpg

The tire in the middle is a traxxas t-maxx 3.3 tire/wheel which is smaller than the 3.8" trenchers on my outcast.

These are the 3.3 maxx tires compared to the 3.8 trenchers:
2017-1025-ProlineTrencher3.8-TraxxasMaxx3.3-TRA4973.jpg

I'm guessing not very well.

This is my stampede with 2.8" trenchers on it, the stampede is a bit longer than the granite I believe:
2018-0407-Stampede-Tmaxx33Tire-28TrenchersMiddle.jpg

2018-0407-Stampede-Tmaxx33Tire-28TrenchersFront.jpg

The tire in the middle is a traxxas t-maxx 3.3 tire/wheel which is smaller than the 3.8" trenchers on my outcast.

These are the 3.3 maxx tires compared to the 3.8 trenchers:
2017-1025-ProlineTrencher3.8-TraxxasMaxx3.3-TRA4973.jpg
it'll be fine lol. just need some hub extensions and a 3 tooth pinion gear lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back