Typhon Monster Typhon 3s... time to twist some shafts...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt02

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
snow got deeper and neither the typhon nor senton are making it through anymore so I just swapped the hubs/outer shatft/axle and 14mm hexes to the Typhon and threw on the stablemaxx 3.2 setup... probably too big and heavy for the plastic half shafts to hold up too great but we'll see. with no grip due to the snow then maybe they will last. I also put in a cheap racerstar 2600kv 3660 I had laying around and dropped back down to the 15T. Even with the larger tires the overall theoretical top speed is way lower than the 3200 and 20T with the stock tires.

Attachments

• 20190212_131923.jpg
    20190212_131923.jpg
    526.7 KB · Views: 68
FAIL!!! top speed was indeed much slower but still would've been good enough but if I was to let the wheels stop spinning in the snow it couldnt even get them going again. this setup cogged SO BAD that the only time it would take off on its own was if it was on hard packed ground where the cars have driven by, anything else and it would stutter then give up. I am guessing it's the esc because this same motor in the senton off a cheap surpass esc didnt cog at all even when geared to go 45 (actual gps speed). and the 20T in the typhon cogged pretty bad as well with the stock 3200. I turned the punch up to 4, didn't go to 5 because I was trying to put a little less strain on everything.

going back to buggy form I guess.

I have a waterproof turnigy 120A in the senton, I might actually swap them as well. I need both vehicles to amuse me but really only need the senton to amuse a 5 year old so I can steal anything to make the typhon the best it can be. maybe Ill do the esc before I go back to buggy just to see.

I have a waterproof turnigy 120A in the senton, I might actually swap them as well. I need both vehicles to amuse me but really only need the senton to amuse a 5 year old so I can steal anything to make the typhon the best it can be. maybe Ill do the esc before I go back to buggy just to see.

I'm running a Hobbywing Max10 SCT with their 3660 3200Kv motor in both my Granite and my BRCC. Granite has a 17t pinion and the BRCC has an 18. Neither cog nearly as badly as they did with stock electronics. If I put my foot in front of either truck prior to the swap and applied throttle, it would push for a split second and stop - split second and stop - die completely. I really thing the BLX100 needs to be reworked by Arrma. It's not enough for these trucks.

I plan on trying an 18 or maybe even 17T on the typhon after I get the adjustable motor mount. 20T delivers some nice speed for sure but I don't really need that much.

oh and when you say "their" you mean a Hobbywing motor as well, right? Or do you mean the stock motor?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back