Typhon More car than skill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris adams

Typhon enthusiasts
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
Question for the pros. Would a mmx8s be sufficient for 1721 castle motor on 6s? Castle recommends the xlx2 but im assuming thats for running 8s.

If you are set on running 6s, is that 1721 motor good for 6s?
MMX8S seems it would be just fine with 6s. Perhaps a better fit in the Typhon as well.

Thanks. I already have the mmx8s and it's a tight fit in the typhon. Got room for the longer can though. I think I like tinkering and building every bit as much as driving.

I would suggest going with the XLX2

I’m on 6S and pushing 420+ amps at 132mph.

Here is the datalog for it
8D9300C5-251D-4DF2-A76F-FE76A6DB54A6.jpeg

Any recommendations for a tp motor that would pair well with mmx8s and 6s? I like speed running but also not going for crazy record. I like the idea of gearing for 70 and ripping through a big parking lot when not on my speed road with a big gear. Thanks for the replies and advice also. This forum has an awsome community vibe about it.

Any recommendations for a tp motor that would pair well with mmx8s and 6s? I like speed running but also not going for crazy record. I like the idea of gearing for 70 and ripping through a big parking lot when not on my speed road with a big gear. Thanks for the replies and advice also. This forum has an awsome community vibe about it.

The TP4050cm motor would work just fine and fit in the stock location.
3DFA7728-3524-4218-A8D7-4E8B87DE84C2.png

Truthfully, if you want a bashing motor just use the Spektrum 2050kv. It’s very versatile. I’ve gotten up to 121mph on 8S with it.

Pair that Hobbywing with an MMX8S and you've got yourself a monster! I paired a Hobbywing 4274 2200KV with the MMX8S in my Typhon and it's beastly...on or off road. The MMX8S wont limit the motor like the Max 6. And you can gear aggressively as long as you use good fans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back