Mojave More Mojave Tire Nonsense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve B in Vegas

+11mm Kyosho Hubs on the Mojave.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
Now before everyone blows a diff gasket reading this, I want to be clear that I'm not endorsing the use of these tires on this truck. That said, holy hot sauce Batman, these Nomad DB-8 wheel and tire combo are a riot on the Mojave. Had the sprinklers running on the grass today and it was power-slide mayhem galore. Traction was far better than I had expected, but diving hard into the corners, the tire would fold all the way down to the wheel. Absolutely loved it.

Mojave Nomad Tires 2.jpg

Now before everyone blows a diff gasket reading this, I want to be clear that I'm not endorsing the use of these tires on this truck. That said, holy hot sauce Batman, these Nomad DB-8 wheel and tire combo are a riot on the Mojave. Had the sprinklers running on the grass today and it was power-slide mayhem galore. Traction was far better than I had expected, but diving hard into the corners, the tire would fold all the way down to the wheel. Absolutely loved it.
Sounds great, and they look right, like real trophy truck wheels. Probably won't stand full 6S power though.
The wheels look like the same AE SC8.2 used back in the day. I have the usual "fitting aftermarket wheels on Mojave"-type questions: how's the clearance between the rims and the steering/suspension? Do they rub? What's the internal diameter of the rims on the inner side? OEM wheels are 79 mm in there.

The (+) Offset looks to be more than stock wheels. Could be the pictures are deceiving me?:unsure:
I run Scorched RC fenders on mine.

I run the Kyosho +11mm hubs on my Mojave.

Interestingly, before I assumed they would not work on 6s power, I ran 4 of the SMC 6s V2 Extreme 4000 mAh batteries and one of their 5200 mAh 6s V2 extreme batteries through the truck and had no issues. This was with a Hobbywing Max 6 1650 kV / 24 tooth pinion.

They are fun to drive, but not suited for this truck in my opinion. The tire foams breaks down quickly on these, but I may install a set of Crawler Innovations SCT foams and see what they do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back