Granite More money than brains I guess

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
Ok. I sprang for an EZRun max10 ESC and a 3652 4000kv motor.

Later I realised the 3652 is a 3mm motor shaft.

Okay. No big deal.

The battery hookup however: I am getting the impression I will need to solder my choice in connector to the ESC?

My batteries are IC3 I believe.

I feel incredibly stupid. What am I doing?

You can either learn to solder yourself or pay a LHS to solder any of the connectors for you

The 4000kv motor will run at a faster rate too, so in fairness you'll probably want to gear down with a smaller 1.0 mod, 3mm bore pinion for bashing anyway, perhaps 12-14t with the stock tyres if you were happy with the stock 15t's speed

I am thinking 12T pinion. What should the LVC be set to for a 50C 2S lipo 5000mah? There is disabled, low, intermediate and high.

High would offer the most protection ofc. (?)

But that is correct I guess it will come with just bare wires I imagine.

You can either learn to solder yourself or pay a LHS to solder any of the connectors for you

The 4000kv motor will run at a faster rate too, so in fairness you'll probably want to gear down with a smaller 1.0 mod, 3mm bore pinion for bashing anyway, perhaps 12-14t with the stock tyres if you were happy with the stock 15t's speed
It is a Mega, but we keep killing the brushed motor with a 50c 2S battery.

We have 9T and 12T pinions for the 550 motor and the 57T 0.8 gear and so on in it from a BLX already though.

So just to carry on the madness.

I ordered the blx diffs from JRC along with the inputs and a 3660 racer star 3300 from banggood. Met a flying rc dude who has ic3 connectors and is a master electrician guy who can solder the esc.

I think I am all the parts except the high speed drive shaft stabiliser thingy to have upgraded to 3S, no?

So just to carry on the madness.

I ordered the blx diffs from JRC along with the inputs and a 3660 racer star 3300 from banggood. Met a flying rc dude who has ic3 connectors and is a master electrician guy who can solder the esc.

I think I am all the parts except the high speed drive shaft stabiliser thingy to have upgraded to 3S, no?
I'm not too sure, I'm not too familiar with the brushed version, but it's just the gears you need if you want to convert the drivetrain for brushless

57t HD spur, 13t diff inputs and 37t diff main gears

You won't need the high speed centre support as (I think) that's just for the longer Senton/BRCC/Typhon 3s chassis

Although if I'm honest, converting a Granite from brushed to brushless isn't usually as cost-effective as buying an additional brushless Granite. Spend a little more and you could have 2 cars, instead of upgrading just the one for a little less ?

That is becoming very clear. Between the sunk cost of trying to keep this thing running until my decision to go deeper down the rabbit hole I would have been better to get another truck. But fiddlestick that. We'd just break the new truck. At least this way we have some painful lessons and we have at least a clue what we're doing. Oh we're getting another truck for sure. But I am hell bent for leather to make this thing cool. It's too late anyway. If this goes well and we can make this truck great again then maybe I'll consider us responsible enough to buy a land rocket. There is no way we're giving up on this truck. At this point we'd just be replacing more expensive parts and have two trucks not running. I can see is just abandoning this one and forever regretting it. Now we can rehabilitate it and forever regret it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back