More Power and Options , than skills ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion it's because of the "relatively" low cost. Yes you can spend thousands on an RC car, but with those thousands your RC car is DECKED out to the max. Now spend thousands on a 1:1 race car, or motocross, or home upgrades, or take your pick, and you'll barely be getting started. RC's are cheap enough to mentally justify spending the money whenever you feel like it, but expensive enough to bug you.

It's all relative, I just read someone recently say the equestrian world makes our RC's look like a yo yo hobby, and that is so true.
This was part of what got me into the hobby because relatively it's so affordable. Of course that was before I learned about things like the MCD Supercar RC Sparks just built and have now realized you can bankrupt yourself in RC too if you try hard enough! :ROFLMAO:

There's a principle in music production that I believe is applicable to most any other activity - limited options boost creativity and effort. When presented with a limitless wall of product a phenomenon called option paralysis sets in. Furthermore it leads us to believe that we can option our way out of something that has something fundamentally wrong with it rather than addressing what is fundamentally wrong. The old adage "Less is More" is a trueism of sorts.

I believe the key phrase here is "seem happier". I think the reasonable question is, "Are they really though?".
Because if something goes to ten, we all want to go to eleven.🤣
Post in thread 'What did you buy today?'
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-buy-today.48/post-719853

I blame the internet. 15+ years ago no one thought I could be the fastest driver in the world if he can do it on YouTube, then so can I. I’ll just spend my way to being the best. And I think that’s hurt a lot of the creatives out there. They think up something awesome then see 12 others already did it better. And you might as well buy there‘s versus building something on your own. i may be a bit off topic sry,, but I don’t think so many would be destroying brand new rigs or rigs you spend months inventing one little part no one else has. Just cause some English bloke KT destroys brand new stuff for kicks making us think we need 12s and a 5’ skate ramp to send $2000-$3000 into a tree for us to be a proper basher. If your having fun jumping 1” or 10’ then your doing it right don’t let anyone tell you different.

I recall R/C bashing from 15 years ago having many of the same characteristics it does now. Lots of people spent mid 4 figures on shelf queens or bulletproof bash trucks, were obsessed with going faster, jumping higher, fixing and rebuilding, there were semi-underground companies making parts to address specific weaknesses, etc.. The capabilities now are greater and media proliferates more readily, but I don't think the dominant attitudes are much different. Racing has obviously declined and speed running has branched out into a discrete category but otherwise coming here is almost like taking a time machine back to the web forums of the 00s.

If you're talking about the actual pre-web2.0/message board era then I'd agree that R/C was very different. The internet really did change everything, I just have the transitional period pegged at an earlier time.

I believe the key phrase here is "seem happier". I think the reasonable question is, "Are they really though?".

Right. I would bet not and my comment was kind of satirical. Plus I think I have fundamental personality differences that make me distressingly dissatisfied with such a lifestyle more so than most.

Right. I would bet not and my comment was kind of satirical. Plus I think I have fundamental personality differences that make me distressingly dissatisfied with such a lifestyle more so than most.
I figured as much and took it as such. It doesn't sound like you're on the wrong path to me. Rock on asceticism, Rock on!!
I've had to pare down my personal belongings to what I could fit into two medium sized suitcases before, so I can appreciate minimalism to an extent. Granted, my hand was forced and not voluntary so there was a certain amount of reticence initially.

I have been thinking lately what the HE*L im doing.

I have 8s in all my 6s rigs. I can barely handle the 6s.
So why do i have 8s ?
Money waste and more stress to driveline and things.
More crashes., more ISSUES.

Why i am so stupid doing this ?

Then i go many times All or alot options before i break parts .
Why do i do this ?

I believe i have some Sickness about these things.

Alot money,. alot stupidy for nothing good.
Waisting time alot also, order special parts, mount them,
Maybe 50% of all option parts is really needet only.

From now i will stop do this stupid things.

I will stay with 6s, and only buy the options parts when stock is not good enough.

Drive it, test it before buy and spend crazy amount of money will be my future.
Stay with 6s and learn drive and handling the rigs like PRO before go 8s, that is never almost needed anyways in Offroad conditions.

I am not the only one doing stupid hop ups and 8s builds without reasons i think ?
Over power EVERYTHING!!!
Im Okay Tim Allen GIF by Laff
Even if you cant handle the power😈

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back