Mojave More questions from a NEWBIE ---- need your feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all..... very new to RC, have received VALUABLE FEEDBACK from you folks....THANX

I am heavily leaning towards the Mojave.... but if money gets in the way, a Senton v3.

I have heard that occasionally debris gets into the carriage due 2 the over the wheel design of the body on the Senton. True for the Mojave as well? My guess is - probably yes. Has it been a problem for you ? (Mojave or Senton....) Does a mesh debris net cover solve the problem?

A question for those who have their ears tuned into the R & D unit of Arrma.....is a Mojave v2 in the works? I saw the EXB.....whew..... thats more than I should tackle at this stage in my RC life.....maybe later....

Mojave v2 rumors? Anything DEFINITE could prompt me to delay purchase....

Now the wide open crazy question....Batteries

Have read a lotta threads on this....lots of viewpoints. 2 that catch my attention are....buy cheap.... "can buy 2 for what a big $ one costs"..... etc..... - and - spend some money on something that isn't crap.....

It appears that prices vary WIDELY, specs are not exactly reliable for many batteries, etc.

Sooooo.... what has worked for YOU?

What do I look for? I hate wasting money, but I don't mind spending a bit more for quality.....

Currently running 2S in a $120 China made Hosim 9125.... just a cheap basher to get my feet wet.

Will be moving up to 3S and 6S, sooner or later.

Example.... Spectrum 6s completer pack with charger and 2 -- 3S batteries....$289. ---compared to---
Off brand 3S batteries - (some praise the brand on this forum) and decent rated charger.(not dual).... $165

I know the cozy relationship Horizon has with Spectrum and Arrma...... they are all part of the umbrella...

What have YOU done..... especially looking for equipment that usually works and has not let you down...but also info about stuff that is crap is helpful , too.

And finally.....Spektrum batteries & chargers.... are they worth it? At this stage, the smart stuff, the telemetry.... etc.... how can I say this? Maybe comparing it to school. I am in first or 2nd grade in RC. I am not in high school yet, or even jr high. Cant say that telemetry is in my top 10 wants at this stage..... just a reliable, hard core basher from a good company using decent batteries.

Thank you for your time.....ANY ADVICE IS APPRECH

Hello all..... very new to RC, have received VALUABLE FEEDBACK from you folks....THANX

I am heavily leaning towards the Mojave.... but if money gets in the way, a Senton v3.

I have heard that occasionally debris gets into the carriage due 2 the over the wheel design of the body on the Senton. True for the Mojave as well? My guess is - probably yes. Has it been a problem for you ? (Mojave or Senton....) Does a mesh debris net cover solve the problem?

A question for those who have their ears tuned into the R & D unit of Arrma.....is a Mojave v2 in the works? I saw the EXB.....whew..... thats more than I should tackle at this stage in my RC life.....maybe later....

Mojave v2 rumors? Anything DEFINITE could prompt me to delay purchase....

Now the wide open crazy question....Batteries

Have read a lotta threads on this....lots of viewpoints. 2 that catch my attention are....buy cheap.... "can buy 2 for what a big $ one costs"..... etc..... - and - spend some money on something that isn't crap.....

It appears that prices vary WIDELY, specs are not exactly reliable for many batteries, etc.

Sooooo.... what has worked for YOU?

What do I look for? I hate wasting money, but I don't mind spending a bit more for quality.....

Currently running 2S in a $120 China made Hosim 9125.... just a cheap basher to get my feet wet.

Will be moving up to 3S and 6S, sooner or later.

Example.... Spectrum 6s completer pack with charger and 2 -- 3S batteries....$289. ---compared to---
Off brand 3S batteries - (some praise the brand on this forum) and decent rated charger.(not dual).... $165

I know the cozy relationship Horizon has with Spectrum and Arrma...... they are all part of the umbrella...

What have YOU done..... especially looking for equipment that usually works and has not let you down...but also info about stuff that is crap is helpful , too.

And finally.....Spektrum batteries & chargers.... are they worth it? At this stage, the smart stuff, the telemetry.... etc.... how can I say this? Maybe comparing it to school. I am in first or 2nd grade in RC. I am not in high school yet, or even jr high. Cant say that telemetry is in my top 10 wants at this stage..... just a reliable, hard core basher from a good company using decent batteries.

Thank you for your time.....ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED
Here is my 2 cents. First, your choice on the Mojave. Great truck, but make sure you have a big space to run it. Big trucks do require big space. No matter what you do, they are going to get dirty. Shields will help keep out big stuff but all the fine dust gets in and everything is just as dirty. But that is the nature of the hobby. Cleaning should be part of your maintenance routine. Air Compressors help a ton. Batteries. Spektrum is expensive but offers a lot, as long as you stick with spektrum products. For those in the hobby, it didn't make a lot of sense to switch over, and get new chargers and change leads etc. Some new buyers don't want to spend as much. For me, I'd rather be able to afford extra batteries than smart batteries. Turnigy rapids are my pick for batteries $55 vs $85 for 3s.. I'd highly recommend at least a dual charger, something like a HiTec X2 or RDX2. I would not cheap out on the charger. If you think you will eventually want to go with smart batteries, bite the bullet and start there. To me telemetry is pointless. Especially for the battery. It isn't going to make the battery last longer. And telemetry is so product specific. Getting invested into one makes it impractical to switch to another brand. I'll stick with the Turnigy and XT connectors, until something better makes them obsolete. Kind of what is happening with the Dean connectors.

Here is my 2 cents. First, your choice on the Mojave. Great truck, but make sure you have a big space to run it. Big trucks do require big space. No matter what you do, they are going to get dirty. Shields will help keep out big stuff but all the fine dust gets in and everything is just as dirty. But that is the nature of the hobby. Cleaning should be part of your maintenance routine. Air Compressors help a ton. Batteries. Spektrum is expensive but offers a lot, as long as you stick with spektrum products. For those in the hobby, it didn't make a lot of sense to switch over, and get new chargers and change leads etc. Some new buyers don't want to spend as much. For me, I'd rather be able to afford extra batteries than smart batteries. Turnigy rapids are my pick for batteries $55 vs $85 for 3s.. I'd highly recommend at least a dual charger, something like a HiTec X2 or RDX2. I would not cheap out on the charger. If you think you will eventually want to go with smart batteries, bite the bullet and start there. To me telemetry is pointless. Especially for the battery. It isn't going to make the battery last longer. And telemetry is so product specific. Getting invested into one makes it impractical to switch to another brand. I'll stick with the Turnigy and XT connectors, until something better makes them obsolete. Kind of what is happening with the Dean connectors.
Your 2 cents make perfect sense......will elaborate more after shopping with the Mrs

Well.....spent more than I bargained for , but.... thats life.....

Big space.....fortunate to have my yard, which is about the size of a football field..... but not shaped like one..... also, the local high school hasn't complained about me using their football field, surrounded by their running track, as yet....(I am respectful, no turf flying in the air stuff....but most of all, have a recently closed down factory with 2 large parking lots that are partly paved, a little gravel, hardly any loose, and grass. The parking lots are the size of a football field each, and join each other.... and that is only 3/4 mile from my front door. I feel fortunate for that.....

And I really haven't looked around much , but I know there are old construction sites with dirt piles, etc....I wish I had one of my Dads 80 acre fields to run on, but they are 1000 miles away.... I hear what you are saying..... my 1/10 wanna be China made 2S has room to spare, but go 1/7 and get 45 or more mph, Im sure you can cover a lot of area QUICK.

I like the fenders with the link below (THANX STYGIAN). My little China made gets a cleaning after each outing, and I do own an air compressor.
Agree about the charger, have a few picked out.... after thinking about it considerably, I am gonna pass on the Spectrum set up..... looks cool, lots of tech, but, to me, if the people said the batteries were top notch, THAT would mean something to me. Turnigy, HRB, and ZEEE are what Im looking at for batteries.

Thanx, I believe we feel a lot alike in these matters. And, for those who want all the tech, GO FOR IT !! Maybe someday I'll do that.... or not
https://scorchedparts.co.uk/products/arrma-mojave-1-7-scale-inner-fenders-mudguards

These are a must imo for the mojave. but like said above youll still need to clean after almost any run, with any RC.
LOVE THESE, have seen them on other vehicles..... obviously no prob with shipping to US, etc?

Last edited:
LOVE THESE, have seen them on other vehicles..... obviously no prob with shipping to US, etc?
Mine are in the mail right now, took about 1.5 weeks to get here(my typical distribution center, should be on my doorstep tomorrow). Longest time frame was a weekend in (I assume) customs. Once they hit new york they hit sf in a day or 2 after. Whole cost was about $65 USD for them, and they're made of the unbreakable body material, so says the site, so they should put up with all we can throw at them.

A forum thread with some supporting evidence of the fenders for any who haven't seen it yet. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/scorched-rc-mojave-inner-fenders-review.28950/#post-401992

Mine are in the mail right now, took about 1.5 weeks to get here(my typical distribution center, should be on my doorstep tomorrow). Longest time frame was a weekend in (I assume) customs. Once they hit new york they hit sf in a day or 2 after. Whole cost was about $65 USD for them, and they're made of the unbreakable body material, so says the site, so they should put up with all we can throw at them.

A forum thread with some supporting evidence of the fenders for any who haven't seen it yet. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/scorched-rc-mojave-inner-fenders-review.28950/#post-401992
THANK YOU !!

THANK YOU !!
So they just got delivered, here's some pics of em.
One of em is to show the thickness of the parts. The parts you cut off are thinner but the actual fenders are thick and sturdy, they feel fantastic. The bits in the bag are the rear a arm protectors, and they come with screws! Though the fenders themselves did not... I think we're to use existing screws on the MOJO?
I did need to sign, well confirm acceptance by usps, so make sure you'll be where they deliver them.

20201027_104850.jpg

20201027_104859.jpg

20201027_104938.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back