Typhon more speed typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOB

Reaction score
any recommendation on how I can get more speed with my typhon v5 6s? I have a monster x 6s castle esc paired with a castle 2200kv castle motor gearing 24/46 thinking about going with a mmx8s esc and a set of white hoons or a set of 1/5 grp wheels. if I change the esc to a castle mmx8s esc will it be a noticeable difference in performance?

How fast do you want to go? you should also stay away from 1/5th grps and stick to the 1/8th grps. You can go faster simply by increasing your pinion or lowering your spur tooth count. An mmx8s will allow you to do that while keeping temps lower.

any recommendation on how I can get more speed with my typhon v5 6s? I have a monster x 6s castle esc paired with a castle 2200kv castle motor gearing 24/46 thinking about going with a mmx8s esc and a set of white hoons or a set of 1/5 grp wheels. if I change the esc to a castle mmx8s esc will it be a noticeable difference in performance?
Mmx8s will have a very noticeable difference. Has almost twice the power..mmmx8s is good for 400a an the Mmx6s I've gotten 219a..you can get this spur gear an fit a bigger pinion.you can gear mmx6s up still.try 26/40

Screenshot_20230316-051946_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230316-052200.jpg

Screenshot_20230316-052141.jpg

I would go with GRPs over Hoons.
Get the soft compound if you are only doing speed runs.

The MMX8s will help you go considerably faster than the X6s can.

Ideally, I would put a Limitless V1 spool in there or an aftermarket option since those are hard to find now. Like RamJam on eBay for example.

How fast do you want to go? you should also stay away from 1/5th grps and stick to the 1/8th grps. You can go faster simply by increasing your pinion or lowering your spur tooth count. An mmx8s will allow you to do that while keeping temps
How fast do you want to go? you should also stay away from 1/5th grps and stick to the 1/8th grps. You can go faster simply by increasing your pinion or lowering your spur tooth count. An mmx8s will allow you to do that while keeping temps lower.
85-88mph

Check out www.speedtekrc.com for ready-made spools, pinions and gears. They also have stronger cups for your diffs which you're probably gonna need also once you put more power to your drivetrain.
https://www.speedtekrc.com/arrma-spool-list
What tires you using? Foams would give you the best straight line speed if you not gonna be bashing around. Foams don't last under high speed turning and direction changing. GRPs are probably best if you gonna be bashing around and speed running. Rubber always gonna last longer (even the soft compounds). Another good option is the PowerHobby Grippers (https://www.powerhobby.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=gripper). I've been testing out 1/8 Belted Buggy tires like PowerHobby Raptors or Jetkos to use for on road ripping.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back