Talion More speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you do that? What is the difference?

To my knowledge the Typhon doesn't interchange with Talion, but I coould be wrong.

Why would you do that? What is the difference?

To my knowledge the Typhon doesn't interchange with Talion, but I coould be wrong.
They use the same diff case. The typhon has a 13 tooth input gear with 43 tooth crown gear the talion has a 10 tooth input gear with 43 tooth crown gear. The larger 13 would turn the tires faster. Your manual shows they will interchange. Im going to try it. With the terrain crushers.

That makes sense, I knew they didin't interchange because different count of teeth, but if they are the same diff casing then it should work.

I am just confused however, did you max out your pinion gear and tire size already?

I have never seen someone try to change the gearbox gearing for a speed run, perhaps you are going further than others have before which is cool

That makes sense, I knew they didin't interchange because different count of teeth, but if they are the same diff casing then it should work.

I am just confused however, did you max out your pinion gear and tire size already?

I have never seen someone try to change the gearbox gearing for a speed run, perhaps you are going further than others have before which is cool
Yes on pinion and tires I can't get anything bigger that won't balloon to the point of explosion. If you know of a bigger tire please share. I have alot of arrma's this one I want to break 100 mph with

well....

I assume you have seen the Wiggans Rc Speed Run Videos?

He uses GRP tires which are hella hella small and His secret if I recall is swapping the center diff to Hot Racing Spool and use Revo Spur Gear and up the pinon/spear ratio using the Hot racing spool.

He never bothered with the f/r differentials

I believe you should attack the task in the same manner, changing the f/r diff will give you negligible results compared to actually uping the gear ratio like Wiggan did.

well....

I assume you have seen the Wiggans Rc Speed Run Videos?

He uses GRP tires which are hella hella small and His secret if I recall is swapping the center diff to Hot Racing Spool and use Revo Spur Gear and up the pinon/spear ratio using the Hot racing spool.

He never bothered with the f/r differentials

I believe you should attack the task in the same manner, changing the f/r diff will give you negligible results compared to actually uping the gear ratio like Wiggan did.
Didn't he use a typhon to begin with. The gearing was already there.Im not really trying to build that type of one porpose car.
100Mph was just a rea fast car. I got my answer. No

The gearing on the typhon alone is not enough. You are going to struggle with a few things.

1.) the SRC tires are too heavy, the GRP tires have much less rotational mass. that issue number 1 that is going to fight you, by going lighter smaller tires you drop the gearing, then make up with the spool gearing.

2.) Wiggans still had to do the spool to get the speed up.

so with that said good luck sir..

The gearing on the typhon alone is not enough. You are going to struggle with a few things.

1.) the SRC tires are too heavy, the GRP tires have much less rotational mass. that issue number 1 that is going to fight you, by going lighter smaller tires you drop the gearing, then make up with the spool gearing.

2.) Wiggans still had to do the spool to get the speed up.

so with that said good luck sir..
I understand all that. My initial question was simply has anyone ever used typhon gearing on the talion ? It would gain you some speed. 100 may be out of reach.

Hello
hopefully someone can give me an answer,
I have a talion and I only do speedruns.
my old lipo 6s was dead so I had to look for another battery,
this has now become 2x 3s Graphene 3000mah 65c to my surprise I had no speed at all with these lipos,
the car started to shake and then burned a lot of smoke, bam original esc dead,
okay I have done a lot of speedruns with this Original esc on 6s lipo,
so this afternoon a new esc built in and now drive again I thought, again no speed? and after 3 minutes bam a lot of smoke,
again
no, that's going to cost A lot of money,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr okay now I do not understand what goes wrong here,

what have I changed,
1 firts 1x 6s lipo and now 2x 3s lipo
2 a hot racing Speed Run Center Locker Spool Gear placed
3 together with Hardened Steel 42T 1.0 Mod1 Spur Gear fit Traxxas
4 and a 29 traxxas spur,what is going wrong here,

Maybe this is not the right place to ask, and forgive me mistakes in the language, English is not my best side,

I hope that someone can help me, meanwhile, buy again a new esc ordered

Thanks,

regards jurgen

I wouldn't use less than 5000 mah batteries...

Did you run them in series or parallel?

The stock box esc I found is not really rated for huge draw. I found a hobbywing 4s esc actually put out much more power than the 6s esc.

What I'm trying to say is if your using the stock esc I think you will fry it with the huge load on the car. Most people speed run with aftermarket esc

The stock box esc I found is not really rated for huge draw. I found a hobbywing 4s esc actually put out much more power than the 6s esc.

What I'm trying to say is if your using the stock esc I think you will fry it with the huge load on the car. Most people speed run with aftermarket esc

hello Nitro

I do not know if this message was for me?
but if so thank you for thinking , but I have been doing speedruns for almost 1 year with the original esc?
would it still be the teeth? or the Center Locker Spool Gear placed,

thanks

Hello
hopefully someone can give me an answer,
I have a talion and I only do speedruns.
my old lipo 6s was dead so I had to look for another battery,
this has now become 2x 3s Graphene 3000mah 65c to my surprise I had no speed at all with these lipos,
the car started to shake and then burned a lot of smoke, bam original esc dead,
okay I have done a lot of speedruns with this Original esc on 6s lipo,
so this afternoon a new esc built in and now drive again I thought, again no speed? and after 3 minutes bam a lot of smoke,
again
no, that's going to cost A lot of money,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr okay now I do not understand what goes wrong here,

what have I changed,
1 firts 1x 6s lipo and now 2x 3s lipo
2 a hot racing Speed Run Center Locker Spool Gear placed
3 together with Hardened Steel 42T 1.0 Mod1 Spur Gear fit Traxxas
4 and a 29 traxxas spur,what is going wrong here,

Maybe this is not the right place to ask, and forgive me mistakes in the language, English is not my best side,

I hope that someone can help me, meanwhile, buy again a new esc ordered

Thanks,

regards jurgen

It is polite to start your own thread if you have a question. This guys thread has been totally derailed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back