Mojave More stuff breaking...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topdeck07

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am at a bit of a loss here, as I don't know what would cause this. Got the truck running after a bad servo out of the box and now the rear lower a-arm mount has broken on both sides. My son was driving his car and took it off a small ramp he made, maybe 6-8'' high. The truck was in the air perhaps a foot or a foot and a half. When it landed the right front tire tucked into the wheel well and I knew it broke. Under the truck was the pin that holds the lower a-arm on. On closer inspection, it looks like the plastic piece just broke right off allowing the pin to come out. This also forced the sway bar ball out of its mount as well. I looked on the other side, and you guessed it. Also broke, but hasn't broken bad enough for the pin to come out.

Is this a common problem? The truck has only managed to get one full battery through it. My truck which was purchased at the same time from the same store has had zero issues (so far). I bought this truck after a lot of research and watching videos of guys launching these things 20 ft in the air with no issues. I never would have thought that an 8 year old driving it around in front of the house on 50% power could ever break something like this.

I plan on contacting Horizon on Monday and going to the shop to try and get a part faster than I can order it. Maybe they could also provide some insight on how to replace it as it looks like I have to take the entire front end apart to get to it. What a PITA! :mad:

PXL_20210214_210346433_2.jpg
PXL_20210214_210502744_2.jpg

Damn! Is it cold where you’re at? The stock plastics seem to be beast when they’re warm. My rigs are inside the house warm so if I decide to bash when it’s cold out I’ll leave em out in the cold overnight to acclimate the plastic. The plastic gets brittle. Therefore most of my rigs have the more commonly broken or stripped parts replaced and upgraded. I still don’t do much winter bashing for this reason.

Is it cold where you are ? Cold plastic on rc's don't mix . Even though the jump wasn't high , lands sorta off normal can sometimes break easy .

Surprisingly the front lower hinger pin holder doesn't break very often. You could upgrade but a stock replacement will do fine. Freak thing that happened there and its super cheap to replace.

Now the front upper holder, exactly why the exb comes with aluminum, it breaks all the time.

Is it cold where you are ? Cold plastic on rc's don't mix . Even though the jump wasn't high , lands sorta off normal can sometimes break easy .
Yup it was pretty cold. Maybe 28 degrees (F) or so. Makes sense. I doubt it helps that the plastic piece has a cold steel rod running through the middle.

Does anyone have a good order of operations to get down to that part quickly? Its hard to even know where to start.

In order to replace it you have to remove the front bulkhead.

Take the four main bulkhead bolts out from under the chassis. Take bumper off. Take out the two main screws for the front hinge pin holder and then remove it. Take out your four bolts that go through the shock tower into the bulkhead. Then take out the front two bolts that hold the bulkhead to the aluminum piece that has the arrma logo in it and the front chassis brace connects to. Then rip "literally" the bulkhead out and the front center shaft will fall out with it. Now that the bulkhead is out go to the rear of it that was facing inward and remove the two bolts that hold the front lower hinge pin holder. Install your new holder and reassemble.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back