More Top Speed - O8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariog7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
For those of you running big 800kv motors in their Outcast 8S:

I’m a “top end” kind of guy. Not into wheelies or standing back flips, I like high speed and top end. Running the stock 1250kv in my Outcast 8S with 23T speed gear.

Of course, I want more speed ?. But according to my calculations, if I go to a 800kv, it makes about half the RPMs as the 1250kv, so I need to gear it up by at least 2x to “break even”. So is there a point where I can get excessive with the gearing with 800kv to surpass the break-even point and gain more top speed?

Thanks!

For those of you running big 800kv motors in their Outcast 8S:

I’m a “top end” kind of guy. Not into wheelies or standing back flips, I like high speed and top end. Running the stock 1250kv in my Outcast 8S with 23T speed gear.

Of course, I want more speed ?. But according to my calculations, if I go to a 800kv, it makes about half the RPMs as the 1250kv, so I need to gear it up by at least 2x to “break even”. So is there a point where I can get excessive with the gearing with 800kv to surpass the break-even point and gain more top speed?

Thanks!
Your best bet would be to change both the spur and the pinion. You can run the limitless spool gear as a spur and then you won't need a gigantic pinion. If you don't change the spur you will need something around a 50t pinion and a new motor mount to fit it.

Your best bet would be to change both the spur and the pinion. You can run the limitless spool gear as a spur and then you won't need a gigantic pinion. If you don't change the spur you will need something around a 50t pinion and a new motor mount to fit it.
Thanks

BTY, what motor mount is needed for 800kv HW or Castle, please?
You're sure that the 800kv will fit in the Outcast? I think someone said that they won't fit so be sure to check before purchasing :)

The Arrma site doesn’t list a max size motor for the O8 it seems. Due to the shorter chassis, an 800 kv may not work (Ackerman conflicts).
Furthermore, I’m not sure you will get a motor mount that fits unless you go PPS, ....have you considered a HW 5687?

You will want as close to one to one as you can get with the 800kv. I bought two 34t Limitless spool gears to achieve this. It fits right in where the stock spur is locked in with two set screws and then mount the second one on the motor. Batteries that stay under 160f and tires that don’t explode will be priority after that....

Yup. I was just watching the video below and ordered the spool gear. Kind of second guessing if I should even invest in a new motor / ESC.

I'm looking for more speed too..? ( but no extra cost other than pinions )
Currently running completely stock esc/motor with 25T pinion and so far I've only managed 47mph..? yet @Spikeyboy got 53mph from a 23T..??
I run CNHL 5000mAh batteries and I believe @Spikeyboy uses the new Turnigy rapid 5500mAh's
Any ideas why he's faster in this situation pinion wise..?

I'm looking for more speed too..? ( but no extra cost other than pinions )
Currently running completely stock esc/motor with 25T pinion and so far I've only managed 47mph..? yet @Spikeyboy got 53mph from a 23T..??
I run CNHL 5000mAh batteries and I believe @Spikeyboy uses the new Turnigy rapid 5500mAh's
Any ideas why he's faster in this situation pinion wise..?
Timing?
You're sure that the 800kv will fit in the Outcast? I think someone said that they won't fit so be sure to check before purchasing :)

:)

I was wondering too...

I would start with selling/trading it for a Kraton. Pretty sure someone has going 75-80+?? on the stock electronics. Was posted in the FB group with vid/gps

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back