Talion Most Durable Front Bumper: Talion V4 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrmaSwede

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Something very important is Missing here in the Front.

What could that be guys?

talion 6s.jpg

T-bone Racing is Broken.

talion 6s broken t bone bumber.jpg

i Need something Stronger to my new 4985 Combo

Last edited:
The Kraton 6s RPM fits also Talion V4 2019 ?

Then i must try one.

I love this RC Car. So durable and fun.

The RPM one has held up great for me, but it needs a steel/titanium plate to avoid the screws ripping through it in a bad crash. I usually put those on the front/rear of all my jumper trucks anyway as the skate parks chew through skids within a single bash session otherwise.
2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-Bottom.jpg

I have the M2C plate on the rear, but it ground down pretty quickly. Once the screws are destroyed, I'll replace it with a titanium one. I just put a titanium one on my stampede 4x4 as well. makes pretty pretty sparks. ;)
2020-0526-Stampede-titaniumRearSkid.jpg

Hoping it holds up as long as 1/8" thick steel as it's quite a bit lighter than steel, but still hard material.

If you don't run on concrete, then I'd still use something with the RPM skid/bumper as it will rip through eventually if you crash bad enough. But it does do a good job redirecting/absorbing the impact just the same. Just make sure to use longer screws to compensate for the additional material. I'm using as long of a screw as I can and have yet to rip them out.

Where did you get the Titanium one from?

Careful with screw length, they are screwing into the diff housing and you do not want to damage that one.
It's just titanium 1/8" stock I got off amazon to try out. I have those things on my outcast, stampede 4x4, 2 nitro revos, e-revo... my skatepark is hell on front/rear chassis/skids.

I'm sure it's some cheap garbage titanium, but with my automatic center punch, it made a smaller dent than it did in the 1/8" steel I get from lowes. I was able to cut it with a typical hack saw, smooth the edges with a dremel and drill with a sharp bit without a problem. Was worried it would be so hard that it would be tough for me to work with with my limited tools, but wasn't much different than the steel I usually use. Took a little longer, I sawed/drilled more slowly and applied oil. Was really worried my coutersink bit wouldn't do it's job, but after leaning on it with oil, it cut into nice.

Forgot the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0838N7H4M

Kydex makes nice bumper material. If you are using the stock chassis the ring gear area needs to be cut out with a dremel or something. Been running these a while. 1/8 seems pretty tuff.
20200529_212405.jpg
20200529_212415.jpg
20200529_212450.jpg

Thank you all for great help.

RPM Front Bumber is on the way. It was hard find one.
There are new ones coming about 2weeks everyone one else said.

What about these Chassie Plate Covers with stronger Screws in right length ?

HR
hraaon331m08.jpg

hraaon331m08_1.jpg

They are not bad but won't hold up any longer than the plastic RPM ones. Not worth the investment in my opinion, stay with plastic.
Really depends on the surface you are running on.

i already have the RPM plastic gear covers, i will use them then.
I believe steel is not good maybe under the gearbox ?
Metal always hits stone harder than Plastic right?

I did mount new metal digital servo 25kg 7.4v like my MAX 6 gives soon.

I found more trouble :(
Need alot more parts still.
New shocktower and standoff
talion 6s crash.jpg

Also that broken thing , what is that ? Any Part number ? What is that?
Anything better than the stock plastic part? Suggestions please.

I need new bearings to steering , 2 is broken. i have 4 new ones already

I need new servosaver and servo saver plate

Goddamn alot poop to do now and order again :(

I miss driving this thing.

Part number stock broken plastic part ?
Any good option stuff that is in metall maybe?

Im a litte bit depressed now :(

I hate when things fails

Link?
Looks like t-bone style and no scratches? Is this a new one?

I made it out of 1/8 inch kydex. Yes that one is new with no scratches. I’ve had the same one one my typhon and is holding up well to abuse. I find the tbone ones aren’t bent up enough, get caught on everything, rip the screws out of your difs or break. The kydex can be found on eBay and Amazon. 1/8 works good for bumpers 3/32 works well for mud guards. You need a dremel, band or jig saw, drill, countersink and a heat gun to bend it. (I milled slots in mine but you could just drill holes...)

i have order these now

MAK007-GS.jpg

ALUMINIUM REAR ARM BULK FOR FRONT UPPER ARMS -4PC SET
MAK007-GS

Also GPM silver aluminium Servo Saver kit.

Anyone try them before?

MAK048-Bp.jpg

Very cheap

25dollar for both

These should be a litte bit stronger than Stock Plastic ones ?

Last edited:
Thank you alot jkflow

Tbone is strong.

My crash was really bad when i broke it.
About 60mph straight to my stone house.
Near the window :(

I did try Jump over my House.
I fail big :(

I will try again with RPM bumber soon :)

Love that you were trying to jump your house ????

It's just titanium 1/8" stock I got off amazon to try out. I have those things on my outcast, stampede 4x4, 2 nitro revos, e-revo... my skatepark is hell on front/rear chassis/skids.

I'm sure it's some cheap garbage titanium, but with my automatic center punch, it made a smaller dent than it did in the 1/8" steel I get from lowes. I was able to cut it with a typical hack saw, smooth the edges with a dremel and drill with a sharp bit without a problem. Was worried it would be so hard that it would be tough for me to work with with my limited tools, but wasn't much different than the steel I usually use. Took a little longer, I sawed/drilled more slowly and applied oil. Was really worried my coutersink bit wouldn't do it's job, but after leaning on it with oil, it cut into nice.

Forgot the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0838N7H4M
Is there a reason why you've stopped using titanium?

Might give it a try as my Talion's butt is always dragging.
They have 2.5mm*10cm and might get a couple out of those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back