most durable input gear cups for bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin080

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Whats up guys, i want to hear your experience about input gear cup.
My stock d safe cups were worn out and they always wobble even when refit 🤣

So i want better cups.
Also will buy new center driveshafts.
Maybe there is a kit with cups & shafts?
Idk if the titanium ones are good for bashing because titanium is weaker than steel.
Or maybe the m2c ones?
Or even Tekno? 🫣
Some are using the mugen ones ?
I am running mmx8s+1717 in stretched tlr typhon.

Let me know guys:)

IMG-20230120-WA0028.jpeg

IMG-20230120-WA0025.jpeg

Last edited:
Titanium is as strong as steel .but lighter than steel.heavier than aluminum but stronger by 60 percent 🤟😁👍 and titanium is not corrosive.will never rust

Titanium is as strong as steel .but lighter than steel.heavier than aluminum but stronger by 60 percent 🤟😁👍 and titanium is not corrosive.will never rust
I have heard that the titanium ones are weaker 🤔
And yes i know they don't rust and also will spark if bind 🫣🤣

Btw. This is the reason for us speedrunner using titanium on drivetrain.
Less rotating mass.
But this typhon is for bashing and heavy/fast load changing
I got the M2C ones on one build and Scorched on another. Both are great and don’t wobble.
Also, that’s one clean rig. (y)
Do you bash on both or speedrun?
Btw thanks, that's my speedrunner ⬇️
Had today first run with the 2028 😍
The hoons last 15 minutes street bash😎

IMG-20230118-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20230118-WA0015.jpeg

IMG-20230120-WA0016.jpg

Last edited:
I personally think Titanium is way stronger than steel because at my work we have huge sand blasting cabinets called wheelabrator and we use steel shot material to blast rusted steel parts and in the middle of the cabinet there is a titanium spinning tree that we hang the parts from and if we leave the steel parts in there long enough there will be nothing left but the titanium tree never gets touched by the blast material allways looks the same un fazed.its amazing.so titanium is stronger than steel or at least doesn't break down like steel does.just my take.so get titanium shafts and cups.

I personally think Titanium is way stronger than steel because at my work we have huge sand blasting cabinets called wheelabrator and we use steel shot material to blast rusted steel parts and in the middle of the cabinet there is a titanium spinning tree that we hang the parts from and if we leave the steel parts in there long enough there will be nothing left but the titanium tree never gets touched by the blast material allways looks the same un fazed.its amazing.so titanium is stronger than steel or at least doesn't break down like steel does.just my take.so get titanium shafts and cups.

Screenshot_20230121_023519_Samsung Internet.jpg

I use these,torture tested no issues,can handle whatever ya can throw at them,not even worn.big 2.5mm grub screw

Screenshot_20230120-212938_eBay.jpg

100s of hits,fast as 162mph.been through many titanium an steel shafts.car destroys pins on all shafts...have taken 15000w or 20hp hits,

Attachments

• 16742722306655500020859191910409.jpg
    16742722306655500020859191910409.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Given the same dimensions titanium has 60% the strength of hardened steel.

I use these,torture tested no issues,can handle whatever ya can throw at them,not even worn.big 2.5mm grub screw

View attachment 271648
100s of hits,fast as 162mph.been through many titanium an steel shafts.car destroys pins on all shafts...have taken 15000w or 20hp hits,
The Tekno cups get my vote as well.

Given the same dimensions titanium has 60% the strength of hardened steel.
Not sure why but in a sand blast environment steel gets obliviated if left in the blast booth for a while where the titanium never gets touched.. explain that.from what I experienced and see every day at work to me you can't compare steel to titanium..for rc it should be ideal compared to steel.and titanium is lighter .for some applications this is where titanium beats steel..I'll take a titanium shaft over a steel shaft any day..even the cost of titanium says it all .it costs more for a reason ..at work we took a steel bar made here in the states 1"thick and the same in titanium.we tryed locking each one on a 2000 pound vice and tryed vending each one with a hydraulic press .the steel bent like butter..the titanium didnt bend so easy.we almost busted a hydraulic hose off the press trying to bend it.so right there that's proof to me that titanium is stronger . regardless what the numbers you find out there proving me wrong.my testing and eyes confirm this .is what it is🤟😁👍

Not sure why but in a sand blast environment steel gets obliviated if left in the blast booth for a while where the titanium never gets touched.. explain that.from what I experienced and see every day at work to me you can't compare steel to titanium..for rc it should be ideal compared to steel.and titanium is lighter .for some applications this is where titanium beats steel..I'll take a titanium shaft over a steel shaft any day..even the cost of titanium says it all .it costs more for a reason ..at work we took a steel bar made here in the states 1"thick and the same in titanium.we tryed locking each one on a 2000 pound vice and tryed vending each one with a hydraulic press .the steel bent like butter..the titanium didnt bend so easy.we almost busted a hydraulic hose off the press trying to bend it.so right there that's proof to me that titanium is stronger . regardless what the numbers you find out there proving me wrong.my testing and eyes confirm this .is what it is🤟😁👍
Yeah, screw science. I mean, what do they know with all their fancy numbers and measurements of hardness and tensile strength anyways? Anecdotal observations are clearly where it's at. I read that they fired all the engineers and replaced them with far cheaper high school drop-outs at Boeing and Airbus 47 years ago and their planes have never been better. Everyone knows that all steels are almost exactly the same.

Yeah, screw science. I mean, what do they know with all their fancy numbers and measurements of hardness and tensile strength anyways? Anecdotal observations are clearly where it's at. I read that they fired all the engineers and replaced them with far cheaper high school drop-outs at Boeing and Airbus 47 years ago and their planes have never been better. Everyone knows that all steels are almost exactly the same.
Glad someone agreed 👍

facepalm1.jpg

S
I have heard that the titanium ones are weaker 🤔
And yes i know they don't rust and also will spark if bind 🫣🤣

The hoons last 15 minutes street bash
I‘d definately install Scorched titinium skid if I had a Limitless (Or Infraction).
I’d do this 👇 all day long (and probably changing tires🤣).
Formula 1 Racing GIF by Aston Martin F1 Team

Okay I'll take the bait, what grade steel was the steel that you leave in your blast booth or the bar that you bought? You do realize there are different grades of steel and not all steel is going to be stronger than titanium. You could literally go out and buy a steel bar in a multitude of different grades. https://www.mcmaster.com/steel-bar-stock/
I will say it again given the same dimensions titanium has 60% the tensile strength of HARDENED STEEL.

For your viewing pleasure.
The titanium bent at 2,418 kg the HSS steel bent at 3,870kg.

Last edited:
Yeah, screw science. I mean, what do they know with all their fancy numbers and measurements of hardness and tensile strength anyways? Anecdotal observations are clearly where it's at.

Too many numbers in an excel spreadsheet or on a graph... Can be Dangerous!

Makes one's head explode!!

I read that they fired all the engineers and replaced them with far cheaper high school drop-outs at Boeing and Airbus 47 years ago and their planes have never been better. Everyone knows that all steels are almost exactly the same.

Is that what happened over there...?

Was wondering why they can't sell/give-away all their 737MAXs and had all them fresh planes all piling up in their parking lots..
Those high schoolers in the accounting department insisting on using a bunch of cheap parts , aye??

Too many numbers in an excel spreadsheet or on a graph... Can be Dangerous!

Makes one's head explode!!

Is that what happened over there...?

Was wondering why they can't sell/give-away all their 737MAXs and had all them fresh planes all piling up in their parking lots..
Those high schoolers in the accounting department insisting on using a bunch of cheap parts , aye??
Thanks to the low wages of the high school drop-outs, their overhead had been reduced by so much that sales were no longer required to break even so...it was a wash.

Damn, I really hope you are just trolling :rolleyes:
No trolling allowed here .it's not nice ..
Okay I'll take the bait, what grade steel was the steel that you leave in your blast booth or the bar that you bought? You do realize there are different grades of steel and not all steel is going to be stronger than titanium. You could literally go out and buy a steel bar in a multitude of different grades. https://www.mcmaster.com/steel-bar-stock/
I will say it again given the same dimensions titanium has 60% the tensile strength of HARDENED STEEL.

For your viewing pleasure.
The titanium bent at 2,418 kg the HSS steel bent at 3,870kg.

I can't explain.how or why but we had a hard time bending the titanium at work.i work for the government Navy.we build Nuclear submarines..I can not say what type it is or anything else that is policy but I would imagine the stock we get is not like what you buy in your local home Depot .if they even carry titanium..listen I understand videos and numbers proove that steel is stronger but what I see at work makes me think otherwise.
Yes too many numbers can make someone head explode 🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230110-043817.png
    Screenshot_20230110-043817.png
    852.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back