Kraton Most durable rc car/best basher?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GursevekRcGuy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I think personally the best basher/most durable rc cars are 1: Kraton 6s exb
2: talion 6s exb
3:eek:utcast 6s exb
4 traxxas maxxv2
5:senton 3s

Let me hear your list!!

I'd say Mojave EXB. It's got loads of protection with the huge bumpers and body.
Agreed. Talion my favorite but when it comes to durability I have to vote mojave. I've yet to break anything on it and I barrel roll all down the street and send it on the ramp.

Without doubt currently the ultimate (stock) RC for bashing is the Traxxas Slegde!

Join the fun here! https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...scale-monster-truck.50052/page-20#post-721649
Gotta be true..TRX said so!!🤣🤣🍻
The mojave has been the most durable so far for me although it's a somewhat limited type of basher. As an all around, I think I'd pick the kraton exb. I do like the sludge, just not interested at $800. Same for talion,great rig, not interested in rtr however.

Last edited:
Agreed. Talion my favorite but when it comes to durability I have to vote mojave. I've yet to break anything on it and I barrel roll all down the street and send it on the ramp.
Many get heated about the weak Mojave body posts and bumper supports. I agree. But they do ultimately protect the chassis, what truly counts IMHO. And there are work arounds to this. Driver error is largely the problem. The body post mounts have been updated/revised. Just not available yet that I can see. But honestly, nothing else breaks at all. It will keep on driving, no issues, mechanically. A well balanced and thought out chassis platform IMHO.
I drive my Mojo the most and break it the least. Excluding the Bumpers and Body mounts. That tells me something.:giggle: I have not rebuilt anything in 2 years yet. Diffs or anything else. Little maintenance, except with the motor. I am anal about my regular motor maintenance. Any rig I own.
The Mojo is not a big air basher. Never was. But YT'ers embellished it this way. NG. Drive it that way... and it will be a bear with parts. You may want a 6s Kraton or other freestyle rig perhaps.:cool:

Last edited:
Many get heated about the weak Mojave body posts and bumper supports. I agree. But they do ultimately protect the chassis, what truly counts IMHO. And there are work arounds to this. The body post mounts have been updated/revised. Just not available yet that I can see. But honestly, nothing else breaks at all. It will keep on driving, no issues, mechanically. A well balanced and thought out chassis platform IMHO.
I drive my Mojo the most and break it the least. Excluding the Bumpers and Body mounts. That tells me something.:giggle: I have not rebuilt anything in 2 years yet. Diffs or anything else. Little maintenance, except with the motor. I am anal about my regular motor maintenance. Any rig I own.
:cool:
Haven't had mine long enough to say 2 years untouched, but I see countless threads here of people running 8s in 6s rigs, so theres no denying how tough the drive train is in an Arrma.

The beauty of the Mojave XLWB is that you can fit 8s gear in it easily. Just all that power still taxes the drivetrain. I am still running all 6s stock electrics in mine. All original ESC and motor. And it is still stupid fast, yet reliable. I have the V1.
I did install M2C chassis and braces and JBI shock towers... Scortched RC Fenders.
The EXB Mojo was not available at the time. But if I had to do it all again now, The EXB Mojo is where I would start. Best bang for the buck.
I tossed the BS RTR radio/Rx out the gate literally within 10 minutes of it's first run. Felt so disconnected, poor response to driver input. It was horrible with the V1 Mojave. I just tossed in my NB4 radio and added a Sky RC 401 Standalone Gyro. I feel the Mojo benefits much with this gyro.
(10% Gyro Gain is all I needed)

The beauty of the Mojave XLWB is that you can fit 8s gear in it easily. Just all that power still taxes the drivetrain. I am still running all 6s stock electrics in mine. All original ESC and motor. And it is still stupid fast, yet reliable. I have the V1.
I did install M2C chassis and braces and JBI shock towers... Scortched RC Fenders.
The EXB Mojo was not available at the time. But if I had to do it all again now, The EXB Mojo is where I would start. Best bang for the buck.
I tossed the BS RTR radio/Rx out the gate literally within 10 minutes of it's first run. Felt so disconnected, poor response to driver input. It was horrible with the V1 Mojave. I just tossed in my NB4 radio and added a Sky RC 401 Standalone Gyro. I feel the Mojo benefits much with this gyro.
(10% Gyro Gain is all I needed)
Agreed, 8s is asking for problems, but people are doing it. Honorable mention to the 22 kronos xtr. TC has made quite alot of improvements from the v1. Some serious bang for the buck in the 22 xtr IMO.

+1 On the Typhon 6s. Tuff as F
I don't have the 6s typhon but my bro does, and I agree,its pretty tough from what I've seen. Seems the rigs with shorter arms such as typhon and mojave do fair better from crashes,botched landings and such by design. Most 1/8 buggies are pretty tough. I have an older Xray that's been through the mill and it drives amazingly still.

Yea for my type of bashing I like the kraton 6s exb. I like the truggy monster look. Also prolly the most durable rc ever made with some m2c upgrades.

Yea for my type of bashing I like the kraton 6s exb. I like the truggy monster look. Also prolly the most durable rc ever made with some m2c upgrades.
+1 Truggies are my favorite class of rc's! They're the most versatile IMO.
Rumor has it that @CameronCodes has a closet full of truggies 🤣🤣😁

Last edited:
I think personally the best basher/most durable rc cars are 1: Kraton 6s exb
2: talion 6s exb
3:eek:utcast 6s exb
4 traxxas maxxv2
5:senton 3s

Let me hear your list!!
Pretty much the ones I know how to fix considering the way I drive 🙃 Right now it’s the Arrma 3s line and soon their 6s line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back