Kraton Most durable rc car/best basher?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knock on wood my M2C setup Kraton 6s has never broken once on me!
Setup for 60mph on the nose with backflip LPs. It is a blast to drive and very good control in every aspect.

Easily 10x more reliable than the X-Maxx 8s I had. 20x more reliable than a Slash 4x4 o_O

Knock on wood my M2C setup Kraton 6s has never broken once on me!
Setup for 60mph on the nose with backflip LPs. It is a blast to drive and very good control in every aspect.

Easily 10x more reliable than the X-Maxx 8s I had. 20x more reliable than a Slash 4x4 o_O

Just shows ya we all have a different story. Be lots of XMaxx owners will be going 'what the...' So far I've found the Arrma 6s range to be very durable and low maintenance. I only have the Typhon and Notorious.

Just shows ya we all have a different story. Be lots of XMaxx owners will be going 'what the...' So far I've found the Arrma 6s range to be very durable and low maintenance. I only have the Typhon and Notorious.
I’m probably within a week away of getting my Noto running. I can’t wait. Should only take a day or so but I know me, I get distracted easy. squirrel!

I’m sure someone will disagree.. but my K8S is the toughest truck I have.

I’m sure someone will disagree.. but my K8S is the toughest truck I have.

I've had similar success with my O8. It has been cheaper to maintain than all our other cars except my kid's Granite but it see's far less action as of late.

No doubt, we all do our own thing when bashing, I have a blast with my xmaxx, kraton.. all of them actually. Picking one would drive me crazy🤔🤣They're very different for sure, but each has it's place in my fleet.🤘🍻

+1 for the Mojave. I send the non-EXB with a Max6 and 1650 motor and love it. Agile and fun to drive.

For flipping and ramps i would vote on Tekno MT410. This thing is crazy on 6s and even stock without m2c stuff, nothing ever broke. Except body posts. It eats body posts. Luckily i can print them myself.

-1 on Kraton EXB. Had to sell mine as it always broke within 1 or 2 packs. My friend who bought it took the curse and tried to beat it with m2c stuff. It still breaks within 1 or 2 packs.

+1 for the Mojave. I send the non-EXB with a Max6 and 1650 motor and love it. Agile and fun to drive.

For flipping and ramps i would vote on Tekno MT410. This thing is crazy on 6s and even stock without m2c stuff, nothing ever broke. Except body posts. It eats body posts. Luckily i can print them myself.

-1 on Kraton EXB. Had to sell mine as it always broke within 1 or 2 packs. My friend who bought it took the curse and tried to beat it with m2c stuff. It still breaks within 1 or 2 packs.
My ppint exactly..you've had problems with k6, ive had problems with mt410..no rhyme or reason. It's just how we use them that determines what we like🍻

My ppint exactly..you've had problems with k6, ive had problems with mt410..no rhyme or reason. It's just how we use them that determines what we like🍻
It also comes down to (bad) luck some times I think. But I agree, no real reason except personal experience.

And to be honest: Almost all cars i drove were alot of fun while they lasted! No matter if Arrma, Traxxas, Tekno or Team Corally.

It also comes down to (bad) luck some times I think. But I agree, no real reason except personal experience.

And to be honest: Almost all cars i drove were alot of fun while they lasted! No matter if Arrma, Traxxas, Tekno or Team Corally.
For the record, I was just using the mt410 as an example. I'll never get rid of it, it's a great rig! I never get rid of any rc's!! The money's already spent and I'll do something with them SOMEDAY!!🤣🤣🍻

Agreed, 8s is asking for problems, but people are doing it. Honorable mention to the 22 kronos xtr. TC has made quite alot of improvements from the v1. Some serious bang for the buck in the 22 xtr IMO.
I agree.
Everyone wants so much power. If 10s and 12s became available from CC and HW.... guess what? Many would run them also.
But does 8s really hook up well? I don't think so. (1/8 scale) 1/8 scale truggy/buggy platforms started with 4s years back. And at least competed well on confined technical tracks.
Being over powered is a "thing" IMHO.
But hey it's bragging rights for many.:unsure:
On the dirt, I can keep up with 8s rigs no issue. And drive with control.
It's not always about speed and torque. Tuning/dialing in 6s rigs well has its advantages. And remains lighter, more nimble. Keeping the power to weight ratio in check is what matters.
Many slam their rigs with so much alloy weight. Pounds of it. I guess 8s becomes a normal thing to do. :rolleyes:
Has Rich Duperbash ever done Big Air on 8s with his 1/8 rigs? Not 100% sure....if he does this

Last edited:
I agree.
Everyone wants so much power. If 10s and 12s became available from CC and HW.... guess what? Many would run them also.
But does 8s really hook up well? I don't think so. (1/8 scale) 1/8 scale truggy/buggy platforms started with 4s years back. And at least competed well on confined technical tracks.
Being over powered is a "thing" IMHO.
But hey it's bragging rights for many.:unsure:
On the dirt, I can keep up with 8s rigs no issue. And drive with control.
It's not always about speed and torque. Tuning/dialing in 6s rigs well has its advantages. And remains lighter, more nimble. Keeping the power to weight ratio in check is what matters.
Many slam their rigs with so much alloy weight. Pounds of it. I guess 8s becomes a normal thing to do. :rolleyes:
Has Rich Duperbash ever done Big Air on 8s with his 1/8 rigs? Not 100% sure....if he does this
Power is nothing without control..Pirelli tires coined this..but yeah, I do agree. No argument that a mojave on 8s in a large(open) area can be fun, but on a track or somewhere with obstacles..eh,no thanks. Same for an mt410 on 6s. If it tickles someones fancy, go for it! I'll keep mine on 4s and get years out of it without the wear and tear of 6s. @SrC ,your phrase..we all rc differently ✌

(y)
My MT410 on 4s blows my 6s Noto away. Hard to compare the 2 platforms otherwise. Different realms of precision, balance and weight.
My MT on 6s sucks. Night and day difference.

(y)
My MT410 on 4s blows my 6s Noto away. Hard to compare the 2 platforms otherwise. Different realms of precision, balance and weight.
My MT on 6s sucks. Night and day difference.
TBH, I don't have any desire for 6s in the mt410,but do wonder how people even fit 6s in it? I'm guessing it's gotta be a 6s brick pack under 5000mah?
4s in mine with blx185 motor/esc,16t pinion,no fans,runs as cool as can be..

Just get one or two of everything
04AC6AE6-44AC-4FB1-81F0-198CCA9B648D.jpeg
296F64DA-9BCC-4075-8FF2-9A88DB4FD4A1.jpeg
B07E1F8D-E371-48D5-8C8D-16DC791108AC.jpeg

TBH, I don't have any desire for 6s in the mt410,but do wonder how people even fit 6s in it? I'm guessing it's gotta be a 6s brick pack under 5000mah?
4s in mine with blx185 motor/esc,16t pinion,no fans,runs as cool as can be..
I started with 4s and on 2200kv/16t on my MT410. It was fun and cool electronics. But i was missing the ooomph on my trigger pulls.

But yeah, on the small cars 6s is limited to 5000mAh packs :(

The 7000mAh in my Mojave feel like driving forever in comparison.

I love how this Hobby can be tailored to everyones desires.

+1 for the Senton 3s.
Not everyone's favourite but its durable due to its shorter arms, axles, smaller inboard wheels and more protection from the bumpers and big body. It'll roll and flip all day and keep going.

Last edited:
For Arrma I vote the Mojave for Traxxas the Max is almost indestructible just keep the power train stock and the tires light.
The Senton is tough but the plastic shocks leak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back