Most fun old RC cars you have drive ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoonigan

Reaction score
I remember my Tamiya Lunch BOX.

I had this car long time.

One crazy guy pay me 500euro because it was so fun and the car was original in good shape still about five years ago.

NOW I NEED NEW ONE
the re-release.

What old Tamiya is yours Favorite or maybe another brand ?
i like try one other also.
Thinking buy two oldschool RC Cars at price 100-200us peace

I had a Tamiya Monster Beetle with a revolution insanity motor, esc and hump packs.. Futaba pistol grip.It was fast! Back in 1987 lol. Wish I still had it! Thinking on doing another just like it.

LOL

My friend had this car actually LOL
this is like 30 years ago

LOL

Monster Beetle, that is sick fun car also . And cool LOOKING.

Must have LOL

is there any re-release of these left ?

LOL
this is so funny i almost poop in my pants now HAHAHHAA

We definitely show our age when we can remember playing with RC cars 30 years back. That was the hey days of RC.
They were high tech for that generation. If you had changed out all the plastic bushings to Oilite brass bushings, you were the fasted guy on your block. Metal ball raced bearings were more money than the whole RC model. If you could even find them available. I never owned any Tamaiya stuff. But I worked on them for so many friends and had the pleasure of driving them. I was a track guy with TLR and Associated buggys and stadium trucks. Those were fast stuff. But expensive at the time. They weren't bashers. You didn't want to ruin your track tires out in the street. God forbid. I worked on a Clod Buster and thought that was fun. A clumsy rig at that. But they are worth some money if you still have them.
I still have my first RC10T Stadium truck. It is pristine. I run it once in a while. Converted it to Brushless sensored. The power is too much for the tranny. Have to be gentle. The slipper cant handle the torque. So I baby it. Can't get many parts for it. When I drive it compared to the rest, I feel like I am 30 years younger. The feel of those old RC's bring back memories of getting into the hobby for the first time.

Last edited:
Almost every car I have ever had qualified as "most fun" for at least a few minutes...

I had a Radio Shack silver Ferrari Testerossa that ran on 4 C cells, had about a 4mph top speed, that I probably put a 1000 hours on, back when I was 6.

When I was about 10, I saved my money and got a Nikko Hurricane- 1/12 scale 4wd buggy with a 380 motor and it used 'real' 6 cell nicad "racing packs" wow, was I in heaven.

Around 14, I got a Tamiya Frog. Used. It was the start of a whole new RC world.

Had a Clod Buster for a while. Silly crazy fun at 10mph.

Had my first taste of a racing 4wd buggy with a Kyosho Optima. Chain drive, red shocks, fast as h@][!

My XXCR, still have that one, raced it for years.

Lots of others, too many to list. A few were boring, but most were not.

I have a Traxxas hawk 2 that was a blast. My brother had the lunch box and my dad had the rc10 buggy gold pan. They were some fun days but we couldn’t get more than 30 mins out of them dc charges and nicad 7 cell packs. I still have my hawk 2

I would have to say all my nitro jatos from 2004 up. Must have run a drum of fuel through them. Still have 3 with AM radios. One of my favorites.

My Team Associated RC10GT's Nitro and my RC10Ts. I still have the 2 AM and 2 FM PCM Futaba radios.
I seem to gravitate to rear drive old school rigs. Maybe because I learned on them and raced them many years ago. Cant explain the love for them

RC10GT is my favorite too. I still have it and it's ready to go at a moments notice. Built in 1997 and rockin' a .129 OS CV-X and a Futaba FM radio. ;)

The Tamiya semi's are alot of fun to drive. The UDR is amazing to watch - and drive.

I had a Monster Beetle and I put beetle bodies on alot of cars. The MB was fun, but the GT was a blast!

I have both CV-R and CV-X, Running a slide carb. 30% Nitro. I lost the patience lately. My starter box needs some work. They were track rigs, no Pull Start. I have a fresh unopend gallon of Torrco Nitro fuel sitting around for like 8 months. That may soon go bad if it hasn't already. Ouch $70/gallon shipped as Haz/Mat stuff. I really should run my two RC10GT's. Starter boxes are cheaper these days also. Should just buy a new one.

Last edited:
Mine is starter box too .. original box and it still works! I might have had to change the wheel once. Mine is the short shaft engine - no pull start.

Last edited:
Mine is a Trinity Box . Vintage. Was using a 6v gel cell battery. It barely fit inside the box. Now I guess I could use a 2S lipo no problem. Was old tech. for sure. But Starter boxes are still all the same basically and are much cheaper. I know I paid over $100.00 30 years ago.

RC10GT, circa 1997. Image taken moments ago. :)

Edit: Added starter box

Attachments

• rc10_7170.jpg
    rc10_7170.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 34
  • rc10_7171.jpg
    rc10_7171.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 45
  • rc10_7172.jpg
    rc10_7172.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 40
  • rc10_7173.jpg
    rc10_7173.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 35
  • rc10_7174.jpg
    rc10_7174.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 45
  • sb_7191.jpg
    sb_7191.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
AE RC10T with 3200kv brushless sensored HW combo. A recent upgrade. This rig probably has the most run time of all my rigs. I raced this for several years every single weekend and Wednesday Nights. Stock and modified class. Rebuilt numerous times. Titanium tie rods. RPM arms, bumper and body mounts. Titanium Top shaft at tranny. Drives like new. Never saw street use for first 10 years. Clay track only.
AE RC10T with O.S. .12 CV-R, tuned pipe. Smokes the tires with 30%. Needs a sleeve and piston. I have new on hand. This O.S. is vintage. No more parts available. Dam expensive if you can find parts. I have a spare slide carb for it. I have an On board MIP dig temp guage mounted to the motor. That was a trick MIP item back in the day. Also has the Nitro Boost bottle at the carb. Looks like an actual NOS nitrous tank. It
:LOL:collected nitro when off throttle and dumped it on throttle. I used to spend months just building these. I loved kits. Today its an RTR world. But I did get my TeknoMT to satisfy. :LOL:
20190813_225943.jpg
20190813_224641.jpg
20190813_225428.jpg
20190813_225204.jpg

Last edited:
Slash 4x4 brushless (circa 2009), Tamiya M04 & M05, Tamiya Semis, RC10 TC3 and XRay T3, 11

Attachments

• tsv_7189.jpg
    tsv_7189.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 35
  • m04_7177.jpg
    m04_7177.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 31
  • m05_7176.jpg
    m05_7176.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 33
  • tkh_7187.jpg
    tkh_7187.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 31
  • tfa_7188.jpg
    tfa_7188.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 34
  • tfc_7185.jpg
    tfc_7185.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 35
  • tc3_7181.jpg
    tc3_7181.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 29
  • tc3_7182.jpg
    tc3_7182.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 35
  • xr_7179.jpg
    xr_7179.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 33
  • xr_7183.jpg
    xr_7183.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I have an AE TC3 also. Upgraded to sensored brushless.
You have a great collection. The Tamaiya's are worth alot for collectors. You purchased all the good stuff back in the day.(y)
X-ray was well made exotic race stuff. X-ray is still dominant today.

Last edited:
AE RC10T with 3200kv brushless sensored HW combo. A recent upgrade. This rig probably has the most run time of all my rigs. I raced this for several years every single weekend and Wednesday Nights. Stock and modified class. Rebuilt numerous times. Titanium tie rods. RPM arms, bumper and body mounts. Titanium Top shaft at tranny. Drives like new. Never saw street use for first 10 years. Clay track only.
AE RC10T with O.S. .12 CV-R, tuned pipe. Smokes the tires with 30%. Needs a sleeve and piston. I have new on hand. This O.S. is vintage. No more parts available. Dam expensive if you can find parts. I have a spare slide carb for it. I have an On board MIP dig temp guage mounted to the motor. That was a trick MIP item back in the day.View attachment 45510View attachment 45518View attachment 45519View attachment 45520
Very nice! Street Hawgs too. ;) My OS is original too. I thought the blue heads were 15's?

Edit: The OS .12 came with red slanted, blue, grey, natural or gold color choices. I think we both have vintage engines. :)

The Semis are alot of fun - but they are by no means racers or bashers. They are 'scale realism'. Don't get me wrong, they can move but they become uncontrollable quickly, much like the real thing. The M04 / M05 is setup for class racing. The TC3 and XRay are fast cars. The Slash is 90% original - that thing has taken a beaten and then some. That's the original body too. I had a TC4 - and was not very happy with it. Went to the XRay from there.

I have an AE TC3 also. Upgraded to sensored brushless.
You have a great collection. The Tamaiya's are worth alot for collectors. You purchased all the good stuff back in the day.(y)

There's still more pictures to take. ;)

Last edited:
My friend Kyle actually has a tamiya Blackfoot that we swapped modern electronics in (hid them well too) that gets taken out every once in awhile. Personally I sell my rc's when I get sick of them.... can't have too many at once lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back