Most fun old RC cars you have drive ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bringing back good memories--back in the late 80's my friend had a Tamiya Falcon- it was the fastest RC I had seen - I ended up getting a Hornet. We both wished we could afford an RC10! Traded my Hornet for a Kyosho Ultima. many years later as a young adult I bought a few RC10's that were used to fix up (still have them) -- what fun!!

bringing back good memories--back in the late 80's my friend had a Tamiya Falcon- it was the fastest RC I had seen - I ended up getting a Hornet. We both wished we could afford an RC10! Traded my Hornet for a Kyosho Ultima. many years later as a young adult I bought a few RC10's that were used to fix up (still have them) -- what fun!!
Ahhh .. the good ol' RC10! Which one? Buggy? Truck? On road sedan?

I'm currently building a B74 (buggy).

First car was a Tamiya Super Hornet in 1996. little did my soon to be wife realise this was the beginning of a 30+ car fleet.

Notable favourites along the journey

Tamiya King Blackfoot circa 1997/8 with a 19X1 motor, would do wheelies everywhere. Front suspension/steering was pretty crap, but I have heaps of fun with it. I used a 4000kV in or for a while, but ended up shelving it for a bit before it was torn up.

About 15 yrs ago I was gifted a circa 86 Kyosho Javelin. It stayed a shelf queen until the re-release and now has a 2600kV (punch dialed down) setup. Heaps of fun and a superbly designed bit of gear. It looks fast and mean even at a standstill.

HPI RS4 MT electric version. Got it around 1998/9. Was my first belt driven offroader. Was a beast but ended up being too hard to get parts for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back