Typhon Most needed Extra Parts to TLR Typhon Roller ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

always.full.throttle

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi

Soon i will buy one TLR Typhon 1/8 Buggy roller.

I wonder what is the most needed / weak parts you need to have in your pit-box ?

Is there any weak parts thar almost everybody needs change ? and also is there better aftermarket parts for these parts that are stronger than stock ? Any recommentations for aftermarked parts / options ?

I bash very hard.
Gravel pit jumping and also high speed runs on asphalt is my way to drive my RC,s

I will try Max8 esc and 2000kv 4268-motor, 4s at gravelpit pretty big jumps and 6s streetruns. Always full throttle :) almost
Steering i will use one strong high voltage 30kg digital servo SRT brand.

i need have this rig durable to handle hard bashing in mixed conditions.

What extra or option parts is needed ?
Wonder what The weak parts are in this TLR Typhon Roller ?
Some times i drive 30minutes from my home to great driving spots.

I need have parts with me because the long travel time with my 1/1 car sometimes to my sweet driving spots.
I don't want drive back home whit wrecked rig after couple jumps only , if i do bad landings or other mistakes.

Better have some option or extra parts so i can change them when im far away from home im thinking.

Please help me with some info.
Weak parts ?
Is there any better aftermarket options to this rig so i can avoid trouble ?

What pinion size you guys recommend to me ? i don't like change pinions. i wish have something that works ok with 4s and 6s
I will use dual 30mm cooling fans on the motor. And one better 40mm highspeed fan to my max8 esc .
I already have the combo and better fans by the way. Also the servo.
Just need buy the rig soon.
And extra parts, or optionparts. maybe a pinion too that is best for my needs.

Got couple extra pinions 17t, 21t M1, maybe these are wrong ? what pinion size you recommend ?
set up will be 2000kv 4286 dual highvolt fans motor mount my special with aftermarked highspeed fans,
esc will be the 150a max8 esc with highvoltage highspeed fan 40mm that i have already custom made to it. ,

Driving conditions are 4s at gravelpit , 6s at streetruns.
Pinion should be something universal that runs ok with both 6s and 4s .
i like to avoid change pinions altime.
I wish Keep it simple.
Not the best i know, anyways there must be one pinion that is ok size to both 4s and 6s.
Notice that i got high speed / high voltage custom fans to both motor and esc,
these helps the temps go down compared to stock fans. So i can go like 1 or 2t bigger easy in pinion size.

Only time I had to replace parts on my tlr was when I crashed it into a parked car tire. It's a nice rig and durable as long as you don't do 50 mph into a tire.

Only time I had to replace parts on my tlr was when I crashed it into a parked car tire. It's a nice rig and durable as long as you don't do 50 mph into a tire.

i love answers like this

i will just buy the rig now soon. Then go from there, to see what i need maybe later.

Any pinion size ideas ? 2000kv 6s ? 150a esc, mostly 4s, sometimes 6s street, one pinion that works ok, most important it runs well with 4s
because i got 8s limitless already. This is why i will use this TLR Typhon 85% offroad surfaces with 4s

I have seen many videos about this car, alot of the different drivers says this rig is awsome in handling, nice jumps, well balanced and so on.
Do you agree ?
Its like racer and basher in one ?

I see big differences to the Typhon V5 RTR that is just one basher.
Shock towers and everything looks different, better in this TLR roller by Arrma

i love answers like this

i will just buy the rig now soon. Then go from there, to see what i need maybe later.

Any pinion size ideas ? 2000kv 6s ? 150a esc, mostly 4s, sometimes 6s street, one pinion that works ok, most important it runs well with 4s
because i got 8s limitless already. This is why i will use this TLR Typhon 85% offroad surfaces with 4s

I have seen many videos about this car, alot of the different drivers says this rig is awsome in handling, nice jumps, well balanced and so on.
Do you agree ?
Its like racer and basher in one ?

I see big differences to the Typhon V5 RTR that is just one basher.
Shock towers and everything looks different, better in this TLR roller by Arrma
I'd run a 18 - 20t pinion depending on ambient temps and having fans. On 4s it will be a bit slower but I'd assume temps will be good. I'm not totally sure though. I don't run 4s but I know typically if you want 4s you should go for a higher kv motor.

If you want to bash very hard, why a TLR tuned typhon? You’re not going to take advantage of the “track tunability” with the pills and those tend to be the weak spot. Just get a V5 and upgrade with m2c parts as you break them while bashing or do the chassis and braces from the get go.

If you want to bash very hard, why a TLR tuned typhon? You’re not going to take advantage of the “track tunability” with the pills and those tend to be the weak spot. Just get a V5 and upgrade with m2c parts as you break them while bashing or do the chassis and braces from the get go.
Looks are half the battle bro. 🤣

not only the looks.
there is alot great thing with the TLR vs V5 RTR
please watch this RTR vs TLR Roller video

I have already max8 esc, 2000kv 6s motor, 30kg digital servo , highspeed fans and extra receiver.
All i need is the rig, roller.

I also have one 2200kv 1515 castle motor, this motor will be great run 4s i think in a 1/8 buggy ?

Yes i will bash it pretty hard, but not Kevin Talbot Skateboard park style. Not that hardcore.
I will drive it most in pretty soft sand at gravel pit.

I think the metalparts will be great in this TLR roller.
I only concern about the plastic a arms winter time, is there any RPM awaible ?

My talion v4 needed RPM arms first day.
I have also convert my EXB kraton 6s roller to RPM arms with v4 pins.

The plastic a-arms are weak in all Arrma cars when driving cold winter. They broke pretty easy after jumps in cold weather.

My Mojave EXB got better a-arms, maybe because the body shell and large bumbers protect alot, also the a arms are shorter than monsters.
Buggy also have shorter a arms,
So do my Limitless also.

My talion and kraton have long a arms, these are weak parts stock in these rigs.
RPM arms is must for these ``monster`` Arrmas

Im happy with Mojave and Limitless stock A arms, the short ones.
Buggy should be ok then also ? They are short too.
Shorter arms are less exposed, and more stronger i think.

please watch the video i linked , it shows V5 RTR vs TLR ROLLER side by side. There is alot great things with the TLR version from what i can see

not only the looks.
there is alot great thing with the TLR vs V5 RTR
please watch this RTR vs TLR Roller video

please watch the video i linked , it shows V5 RTR vs TLR ROLLER side by side. There is alot great things with the TLR version from what i can see

No video needed - I already have a beefcake m2c Typhon as well as a few TLR tuned Typhons:

A4D0D869-1B65-429F-8AC5-5DCF0B439A81.jpeg

Anyways, just throwing out my thoughts - you went from "I bash very hard" to "Not that hardcore" - so I suppose only you can decide what works for you. Aftermarket aluminum hinge pin blocks for a regular Typhon are readily availble so if the pills give out on you, it would be easy to swap it over to a traditional setup while keeping all the other "TLR tuned" bits.

Last edited:
No video needed - I already have a beefcake m2c Typhon as well as a few TLR tuned Typhons:

View attachment 196474

Anyways, just throwing out my thoughts - you went from "I bash very hard" to "Not that hardcore" - so I suppose only you can decide what works for you. Aftermarket aluminum hinge pin blocks for a regular Typhon are readily availble so if the pills give out on you, it would be easy to swap it over to a traditional setup while keeping all the other "TLR tuned" bits.
Love that M2C, what a beast. Proline tyres ?
Like that EXB Kraton frontbumper, i need one too.
Protects alot. GREAT rig , great you have dual fans also. They are important summerdays when it is hot outside.
The front bumber is a must too, no fear do nose landings :) or some wallcrasches :)
Proline? tires look very grippy, love that heavy-motocross /MX pattern style

What silicone thing you use to protect the shock towers? looks great, very nice thing to do also

How much total your M2C build cost ? you got alot nice parts there i see

Protects alot. GREAT rig , great you have dual fans also. They are important summerdays when it is hot outside.
The front bumber is a must too, no fear do nose landings :) or some wallcrasches :)

What silicone thing you use to protect the shock towers? looks great, very nice thing to do also

Yes, Proline MX buggy tires
The Kraton EXB bumper works well

It's just silicone tubing, I believe 3/8" ID and 1/2" OD that I just slit down the side, wrap around the shock tower and zip tie in place. Not the fanciest, but it works.

Just a heads-up, the exb basher bumper DOES NOT fit the TLR typhon (@Moirae got one to fit??? How did you do that?) . Other upgrades I have done include m2c chassis braces, arrma rear skid, shimmed and changed out the diff oils to 60/300/30k. I also added the Proline mx mach 10 buggy wheels, which would probably be better for the gravel you drive in.

Last edited:
Just a heads-up, the exb basher bumper DOES NOT fit the TLR typhon (@Moirae got one to fit??? How did you do that?) . Other upgrades I have done include m2c chassis braces, arrma rear skid, shimmed and changed out the diff oils to 60/300/30k. I also added the Proline mx mach 10 buggy wheels, which would probably be better for the gravel you drive in.
I took a dremel to the front bumper mount. I bought it without realizing it wasn't compatible lol. it's on there pretty good though, I've definitely put it to the test.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back