Kraton Motor 2050 or 1650kv ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy360

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey..
What the diferend between 2050kv motor to 1650kv motor?
The 1650 wil give me more power/moment?
Witch more fast on 6s ? 2050 or 1650?
Thanks

To my understanding, the kv count works as follows. For every 1 volt input, the motor will spin at 1000rpm x kv count. So a 2050 kv motor will spin a higher rpm with the same battery. A 1650 kv motor will handle the voltage much better so u can go with a taller gearing to overcome that rpm difference. Often times gearing high enough where you end up getting much higher speeds out of a 1650 than you will with a 2050. Someone can chime in and explain this a little better but I am confindent thats how it works.

Hey..
What the diferend between 2050kv motor to 1650kv motor?
The 1650 wil give me more power/moment?
Witch more fast on 6s ? 2050 or 1650?
Thanks
If you don’t factor motor or gearing sizes, the 2050kv will be faster. However, when factoring in gearing, they could be equal. There are many factors. Can size, voltage capabilities, gearing, weight, usage, heat, etc.

Basically you’re asking which tastes better, an apple or an orange.

To my understanding, the kv count works as follows. For every 1 volt input, the motor will spin at 1000rpm x kv count. So a 2050 kv motor will spin a higher rpm with the same battery. A 1650 kv motor will handle the voltage much better so u can go with a taller gearing to overcome that rpm difference. Often times gearing high enough where you end up getting much higher speeds out of a 1650 than you will with a 2050. Someone can chime in and explain this a little better but I am confindent thats how it works.
Thanks dude
If you don’t factor motor or gearing sizes, the 2050kv will be faster. However, when factoring in gearing, they could be equal. There are many factors. Can size, voltage capabilities, gearing, weight, usage, heat, etc.

Basically you’re asking which tastes better, an apple or an orange.
Thanks

I find that i am running cooler with the 1650kv and 16t gear my 2050 with the 16t was very hot when bashing hard i actually pit my 2050 motor on the shelf i run two kraton one exb with 1650 and a v3 with 1900 bot 16t and they stay around 155 degrees while hard bashing

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back